Christian Eriksen - Player Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen - Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point to 1 that was last year !!

Jan maybe?

I still believe that the WC hangover and the injuries that followed has an enormous effect on players - especially those who came back saying 'I want to go', but for certain ~Harry (injuries apart) Son, Toby, Jan, Davies, Winks (again injuries aside), Lucas can all be said to have done well when fit and playing - Christain is the one I'd say whose performances really dropped off and his body language changed so much in the latter half of season.

I'm going to be sad to see him go - when we first signed him I was jumping up an down like a kid and couldn't believe we'd got him - then we had wars here as so many stuck the boot into him that first season and said he wasn't good enough.

I wish him all the luck in the World now - he's earned the right to get what he's always wanted and he still has a deep respect for us.

I still believe that the WC hangover and the injuries that followed has an enormous effect on players - especially those who came back saying 'I want to go', but for certain ~Harry (injuries apart) Son, Toby, Jan, Davies, Winks (again injuries aside), Lucas can all be said to have done well when fit and playing - Christain is the one I'd say whose performances really dropped off and his body language changed so much in the latter half of season.

I'm going to be sad to see him go - when we first signed him I was jumping up an down like a kid and couldn't believe we'd got him - then we had wars here as so many stuck the boot into him that first season and said he wasn't good enough.

I wish him all the luck in the World now - he's earned the right to get what he's always wanted and he still has a deep respect for us.

Son/Toby/Jan/Davies/Winks all had time out at one point through injuries - so an enforced rest - Lucas was in and out of the team and didnt play in the world cup

I cant say I noticed the body language, tiredness maybe played a part

I personally think losing Eriksen will hit us a lot harder than people realise. Now our transfer window has shut it us clear to see that the magic, intelligence and work rate that Eriksen provides will be missed. Massively.

And he is going to leave. There is a 10% chance of him staying but when it comes down to it, there are clubs interested in him and they are waiting for their own windows to draw to a close so they can attempt to 'Levy' us. And Levy will not let him run his contract down and lose him for free.

I'll be sad to see him go, but hope his move goes well. Modric was great at Spurs, but still went up levels at RM. Eriksen could easily do the same, with a re-energised outlook on the game and a bunch of talented players alongside him. That's if he gets his dream move.

Eriksen's output over his 6 years in the Prem (ESPN)

18/19 - 8 goals, 12 assists, 30 starts
17/18 - 10, 10, 37
16/17 - 8, 15, 36
15/16 - 6,13, 33
14/15 - 10, 2 37
13/14 - 7, 8, 23

So Eriksen took one season to get established and then only failed to start 17 league games in 5 years under Poch. In 6 seasons he scored 49 goals and had 60 direct assists. He was also in 2nd place in the Prem running stats at one point.

Even last season, he was only unavailable for 3 league games and came on as sub for 5 others. He still managed 8 goals and 12 assists when he had to play much deeper and had a couple of injury issues.

Spurs legend !!!

I'll be sad to see him go, but hope his move goes well. Modric was great at Spurs, but still went up levels at RM. Eriksen could easily do the same, with a re-energised outlook on the game and a bunch of talented players alongside him. That's if he gets his dream move.

Eriksen's output over his 6 years in the Prem (ESPN)

18/19 - 8 goals, 12 assists, 30 starts
17/18 - 10, 10, 37
16/17 - 8, 15, 36
15/16 - 6,13, 33
14/15 - 10, 2 37
13/14 - 7, 8, 23

So Eriksen took one season to get established and then only failed to start 17 league games in 5 years under Poch. In 6 seasons he scored 49 goals and had 60 direct assists. He was also in 2nd place in the Prem running stats at one point.

Even last season, he was only unavailable for 3 league games and came on as sub for 5 others. He still managed 8 goals and 12 assists when he had to play much deeper and had a couple of injury issues.

Spurs legend !!!

Definitely not a Spurs legend, very good player and servant but far from a Spurs legend

I personally think losing Eriksen will hit us a lot harder than people realise. Now our transfer window has shut it us clear to see that the magic, intelligence and work rate that Eriksen provides will be missed. Massively.

And he is going to leave. There is a 10% chance of him staying but when it comes down to it, there are clubs interested in him and they are waiting for their own windows to draw to a close so they can attempt to 'Levy' us. And Levy will not let him run his contract down and lose him for free.

Just think though keeping him and losing him on a free the following year could mean we win a trophy or two.

It's not always about the money.

If he stays we have a really good chance. For the first time in 5 years Eriksen and Alli would finally have someone breathing down their necks.

Sell him we are back to not having the options.

Work rate is as it should be, a given. History has shown us, that without commitment, magic and intelligence is close to useless. An uncommitted Eriksen is a waste of space.

Work rate is as it should be, a given. History has shown us, that without commitment, magic and intelligence is close to useless. An uncommitted Eriksen is a waste of space.

Good job he’s never shown to be uncommitted in a spurs shirt

Just think though keeping him and losing him on a free the following year could mean we win a trophy or two.

It's not always about the money.

If he stays we have a really good chance. For the first time in 5 years Eriksen and Alli would finally have someone breathing down their necks.

Sell him we are back to not having the options.

The club have already proved that they will take a value hit when they are forced to - as we did last season with Eriksen and even Toby.

I'd like to believe we'd play him until the end of his contract - but I'm told that's just not going to happen.

Unfortunately for me, the Villa game showed what a miss Eriksen will be. We were stale for 65 mins and then he came on and run the show. He transformed that game and showed what a Rolls Royce of a player he is.

It's probably unfair to put pressure on Lo Celso so early, but I really hope he can bring some of that creative magic we saw from Eriksen. Dele has a big role to play in that department as well.

Unfortunately for me, the Villa game showed what a miss Eriksen will be. We were stale for 65 mins and then he came on and run the show. He transformed that game and showed what a Rolls Royce of a player he is.

It's probably unfair to put pressure on Lo Celso so early, but I really hope he can bring some of that creative magic we saw from Eriksen. Dele has a big role to play in that department as well.

Might be worth reviewing how many chances we had before Eriksen came on. I suggest our execution in front of goal was an issue, not creation.

Might be worth reviewing how many chances we had before Eriksen came on. I suggest our execution in front of goal was an issue, not creation.

Eriksen is getting a lot of credit for changing the game - but the game changer for me was when we moved Sissoko and Lamela wide at half-time - soon as we came out you could see the gaps opening up, that and the fact that Ndombele was visibly moving the ball quicker - no doubt Eriksen had an impact too, but I think the view some took just doesn't reflect the tactical change Poch made before then.

With Eriksen out of the picture, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Delli play the 'playmaker'.

Good job he’s never shown to be uncommitted in a spurs shirt
Or dis- interested. Don’t know where that came from . No player would ever stand by and let a team mate play in that manner . Be it in a Sunday morning pub league or the PL.
People like Dave Mackay wouldn't even let a team mate go down injured the way they do today . They would be told in no uncertain terms to get up and stop letting the team down . If they didn’t get up he would pull them up .
The dis - interest being put about , regarding Eriksen is absolutely ridiculous . He is a professional footballer and has always conducted himself on and off the pitch as such .

With Eriksen out of the picture, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Delli play the 'playmaker'.

With Eriksen out of the picture, we’ll need better than Alli to replicate and surpass what a tuned in Eriksen can give us. I hope we go back to get Fernandes. Dybala may be out of reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.