Christian Eriksen - Player Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen - Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Sky sports are saying Manure have lost interest in him as they say his heart is set on Real Madrid, so there must have been some substance / ring of truth to my view expressed earlier in this thread...

There's still part of me that thinks RM is his first choice and Spurs are his second choice, meaning he has no interest in all these other clubs like Utd, BM, Juve, Athletico etc. I don't think he's fallen out of love with Spurs, just wants a RM move.

It will be interesting to see if he does move to a club that's not RM.

There's still part of me that thinks RM is his first choice and Spurs are his second choice, meaning he has no interest in all these other clubs like Utd, BM, Juve, Athletico etc. I don't think he's fallen out of love with Spurs, just wants a RM move.

It will be interesting to see if he does move to a club that's not RM.

He won't. If they don't keep their word, they'll try to persuade him to ride his contract out.

I admit I was initially duped by the Man Utd links but it is clear that he is looking to Spain. Atletico Madrid are apparently quite serious but like all Euro clubs, they are waiting until after our deadline.

I admit I was initially duped by the Man Utd links but it is clear that he is looking to Spain. Atletico Madrid are apparently quite serious but like all Euro clubs, they are waiting until after our deadline.
Told you Matic its lifestyle. He just done England and London will always be better than Manchester so its us or Madrid. I hope Real come get him.

Told you Matic its lifestyle. He just done England and London will always be better than Manchester so its us or Madrid. I hope Real come get him.

As I said from Day 1, they will, I have had no doubts, except that RM's inability to shift Bale has really knocked their planning - a part of me hopes that RM can't get it done and he doesn't go and sees out his contract......but once again this morning I was told to accept it's happening.

Will RM going for Neymar scupper any bid for him ? Although they are apparently throwing in Modric as part of the package , if reports can be believed

Will RM going for Neymar scupper any bid for him ? Although they are apparently throwing in Modric as part of the package , if reports can be believed

I can't see how they can afford it unless they shift Bale; they too are also spending 500 mill on their stadium and even on their revenues sitting on Bale will really really hurt. So they must be confident of moving him on, but as Eriksen is seen as a direct replacement for Modders - it makes some sense.

Last edited:
I like eriksen. Quality player. But unless he is 100% focussed on spurs I don’t want him near the team. He isn’t playing anywhere near his best and tbh I am struggling to remember the last time he gave Kane a clear chance. Truth be told I am struggling to remember Kane being played in on goal for ages. The friendly with Inter was depressing in the fact I didn’t see any of our forwards receive a pass from midfield which opened up a goal scoring chance.

Anyhow, I think eriksen is one of those players who will flatter to deceive at the top level. He suits us. He is a extremely capable but hasn’t quite got that edge that would have every single club falling over themselves to get him. Why do you think he is a spurs player and teams are willing to play the long game for him. He is very good value on a free but not quite good enough for clubs to break the bank to get him now.

Shame because I think he will be swapping a fun time at spurs with a dynamic team trying to achieve something whilst being supported to the hilt. In reality a transfer will be similar to the coutinho transfer where everyone knows he is quality but the club he goes to will quickly be looking for better

I like eriksen. Quality player. But unless he is 100% focussed on spurs I don’t want him near the team. He isn’t playing anywhere near his best and tbh I am struggling to remember the last time he gave Kane a clear chance. Truth be told I am struggling to remember Kane being played in on goal for ages. The friendly with Inter was depressing in the fact I didn’t see any of our forwards receive a pass from midfield which opened up a goal scoring chance.

Anyhow, I think eriksen is one of those players who will flatter to deceive at the top level. He suits us. He is a extremely capable but hasn’t quite got that edge that would have every single club falling over themselves to get him. Why do you think he is a spurs player and teams are willing to play the long game for him. He is very good value on a free but not quite good enough for clubs to break the bank to get him now.

Shame because I think he will be swapping a fun time at spurs with a dynamic team trying to achieve

something whilst being supported to the hilt. In reality a transfer will be similar to the coutinho transfer where everyone knows he is quality but the club he goes to will quickly be looking for better

Hence I asked why we have been involving him with and even playing in matches with the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.