Christian Eriksen - Player Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen - Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he played well on sat - but no one did (Hugo/toby/lamela aside)

His unforgivable performance still saw him out in for challenges than our 2 CMs

How about Harry? He was shit - was it unforgivable as well?
Harry did not say he wants out so don’t bring him into it. If he wanted out and did what eriksen is doing now then the same would apply to him.

Harry did not say he wants out so don’t bring him into it. If he wanted out and did what eriksen is doing now then the same would apply to him.

So don’t judge players by the same standards and unbiased?

Kane was awful

There are two possible reasons for not playing him or his lower than usual standard which is usually very high.

Either he ain't fit and we know that's a possibility or his head ain't right. Maybe a bit of both.

To be fair Kane hasn't really been all that effective for quite some time. (aside from PKs)

Talking consistency...

I don’t think he played well on sat - but no one did (Hugo/toby/lamela aside)

His unforgivable performance still saw him out in for challenges than our 2 CMs

How about Harry? He was shit - was it unforgivable as well?

It's an Eriksen thread, not Harry Kane.

Last edited:
If we are going by Saturday - we will be starting with 3 players on Sunday.

C'mon Kingy...this is a thread about Eriksen...his attitude and performances, both past and present. He has showed almost no interest in our Club for far too long. The others are a product of poor coaching which culminates in average performances. I'm not saying CE is immune to this, but take a long unbiased look at his form.

The others:

Poor defense unable to move the ball appropriately to our MF (poor movement by MF), consequence = the same with the forwards receiving zero opportunities from MF.

As I've been saying for a while; Guardian now claiming that there has been breakdown in the relationship between Eriksen's agent and the club (they point specifically to Levy).

His agent (who has been a complete **** all the way through this) would normally have told the club that his player is at when/how he intends to leave - apparently Skoot has refused to do this and that's led to a really bad atmosphere between the 'loyal' players to Poch and those that perhaps aren't. Friendships have and are being broken with the way he is now behaving.

Personally, I think Poch has made a huge mistake of 'playing players despite their contract situation' - he should have isolated them and not played them and rebuilt the team ethic in the squad.

As I've been saying for a while; Guardian now claiming that there has been breakdown in the relationship between Eriksen's agent and the club (they point specifically to Levy).

His agent (who has been a complete **** all the way through this) would normally have told the club that his player is at when/how he intends to leave - apparently Skoot has refused to do this and that's led to a really bad atmosphere between the 'loyal' players to Poch and those that perhaps aren't. Friendships have and are being broken with the way he is now behaving.

Personally, I think Poch has made a huge mistake of 'playing players despite their contract situation' - he should have isolated them and not played them and rebuilt the team ethic in the squad.

Poch did say he has nothing to say on contracts and has to work with the players he has. He has frozen out Vert, Aurier and Wanyama but the Eriksen issue is more complex. I don't think Eriksen wants to be awkward or compromise his professionalism.

Eriksen and Kane had a close professional relationship friendship even. I can well believe this situation has put a stress on that. I think Poch has shown real weakness in not simply letting them train with the 23's till the window closed. It's an admission that he can not cope without them.

Eriksen and Kane had a close professional relationship friendship even. I can well believe this situation has put a stress on that. I think Poch has shown real weakness in not simply letting them train with the 23's till the window closed. It's an admission that he can not cope without them.

Another indicator Poch would crumble under the pressure at a massive club.

He sent an Instagram message after learning our CL group which was encouraging, he didn't need to but was motivated to do so.

At a much lower level in the FL a player being managed by friend had a move killed by his club; they wanted 10 mill, the buyers were only prepared to go to 7.5 mill. He's started the season, but funnily enough, his form and his commitment has dipped, obviously it was a move that the player desperately wanted (not 'just' the money) for a whole host of reasons, not least of which was the effect it would have on his family life.

Of course, he's trying, but so far he hasn't put the disappointment behind him and he's clearly preoccupied with a move he thought was definitely on - they bought elsewhere to fill his position; he may come out of his current stupor, but speaking to him last week, he simply said "mentally" I'm just not with it.

I think the same (although of course on a much bigger scale) is in the same mindset.

The hypocrisy from Poch is what is likely causing the issues. For so long he operated under the 'If you aren't 100% committed to the club, I don't pick you' and he has slowly abandoned all that when it suits him. Jan gets dropped, but Eriksen doesnt. He himself showed a total lack of commitment last season in spells, even more so when he basically teased that he may leave after the CL final win or lose... yet... here he still is.

Poch is letting to many personal situations impact the team and whilst I am disappointed in Eriksen, Poch is the one who is not controlling the situation and is preferring to go down the Mourinho route of blaming everything under the sun for why he can't take control.

The hypocrisy from Poch is what is likely causing the issues. For so long he operated under the 'If you aren't 100% committed to the club, I don't pick you' and he has slowly abandoned all that when it suits him. Jan gets dropped, but Eriksen doesnt. He himself showed a total lack of commitment last season in spells, even more so when he basically teased that he may leave after the CL final win or lose... yet... here he still is.

Poch is letting to many personal situations impact the team and whilst I am disappointed in Eriksen, Poch is the one who is not controlling the situation and is preferring to go down the Mourinho route of blaming everything under the sun for why he can't take control.

Can only agree; his on/off messaging and prevarication and semi-literate mumblings (irrespective of the language barrier) pisses me off - and as you can see from the rash of 'what's wrong with Poch' media write-ups, you can see that the media have moved on from the 'love-in' now.

Can't help but feel that if he doesn't end all this quickly, then we've reached the end of the road with him.

Can only agree; his on/off messaging and prevarication and semi-literate mumblings (irrespective of the language barrier) pisses me off - and as you can see from the rash of 'what's wrong with Poch' media write-ups, you can see that the media have moved on from the 'love-in' now.

Can't help but feel that if he doesn't end all this quickly, then we've reached the end of the road with him.

He's looking at a real fall from grace if he isnt careful. There was a similar feeling at the beginning of last season, only the positive results glossed over it all but last season was one of the strangest I have ever witness as a Spurs fan. General crap feeling all season but accompanied by some of the most incredible high points.

What is the most disappointing thing is we never seem to have a settled squad any more. Why do we consistently have issues with players or the manager saying unsettling things to the press? Why do contract issues continue to haunt us? I'm a big critic of how Poch has been behaving and handling the squad for a while now but people are right to criticise Levy too. He should be stepping in and making sure these things get fixed.

He's looking at a real fall from grace if he isnt careful. There was a similar feeling at the beginning of last season, only the positive results glossed over it all but last season was one of the strangest I have ever witness as a Spurs fan. General crap feeling all season but accompanied by some of the most incredible high points.

What is the most disappointing thing is we never seem to have a settled squad any more. Why do we consistently have issues with players or the manager saying unsettling things to the press? Why do contract issues continue to haunt us? I'm a big critic of how Poch has been behaving and handling the squad for a while now but people are right to criticise Levy too. He should be stepping in and making sure these things get fixed.

As Mutters said at the end of the season, if Poch can go back to the old Poch, when he first arrived then him staying won't be a problem.

Sadly his ego has become so big now there is no turning back.

He will be gone this season. It's a cert.

Status
Not open for further replies.