Christian Eriksen - Player Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen - Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I could see Eriksen taking the United move. Think about it he cant get the Madrid move he really wants so if forced to stay in a league he is fed up with, why not hover up as much cash as he humanly can. They are offering twice what we are paying him.

Do you reckon this has legs Don? I really hope not. But if we got Sess, Fernandes and Lo Celso I would probably take it.

Some on here are slow to recognize where improvements are needed, so that when we do reach a Champions League Final, we have an attacker on the pitch good enough to seize the moment and own it, but instead we had Alli and his inadequacy in attendance, stinking it up.

Could have been worse it could have been Lamela.

Do you reckon this has legs Don? I really hope not. But if we got Sess, Fernandes and Lo Celso I would probably take it.

Surely, this is the difference in the Prem and European deadline dates working in mysterious ways again. Spurs will make out that we are waiting for the big European clubs offers (after Thursday) and therefore Utd need to pay a premium this week. Add to that the Pogba stay/go scenario unfolding this week. Eriksen is probably reeling as Pogba might be their first choice and Van Den Beek is another option.

Interesting times.

Eriksen to ManU won't happen this window. If he's genuinely after a a greater challenge, then the two Spain club have to be his destination.

Guys, does any one think there is more to just money and trophies hunting for some of our disenchanted players?. May be they've had enough of the regime and Poch's stubborn philosophies and want out. May be Trippier had a point when he hinted at some unrest?.

Shame Rose is still here else we'd have heard the full details by now!

I dont know mate...but I can see that he may just get there in his thinking. If I'm stuck in England I want maximum remuneration. Criticalspur It is conceivable that there is some discontent below the surface for the simple reason that Poch himself has talked about a cycle ending wanting change and painful decisions. That has to have been a message absorbed within the group look how quickly we got shot of Tripper. Then Eriksen and Rose public want out, and senior pros like Toby and Jan steadfastly refuse to renew. This is a massive cross road the players would not be human if it had not had an affect on group cohesion.

If a club from a broad really wants a player they would have to sign that player before our transfer window shuts. If our clubs can't buy then they shouldn't be allowed to sell either. It should work both ways.

Clubs would need to sit all the players down at the end of the season and let them know that they can't move once our transfer window shuts.

If the player sulks too bad, they know the score and they know the rules. All the players should have a contract stating these terms.

I don't see the problem. It's only an issue if a club doesn't plan properly.
I’m not disagreeing with you RD. I completely understand the point you are making.
But........ if David Silva , just for the sake of argument , suddenly said he wanted to come and play for us , would you say you can’t because the Chinese window is shut .
The Russian window always stays open longer than the European one and plenty have gone to Zenit etc in the past .
Perhaps morally and loyally you are right , but we can’t deny other clubs to do there business legally just because it affects us . Should Real decide to go after DeGea again in late August I won’t see many on here moaning about it .
It is a ridiculous situation, and our Chairman have put their clubs(OUR CLUBS) in a very poor position . I’ve been bleating on about it for ages .

I’m not disagreeing with you RD. I completely understand the point you are making.
But........ if David Silva , just for the sake of argument , suddenly said he wanted to come and play for us , would you say you can’t because the Chinese window is shut .
The Russian window always stays open longer than the European one and plenty have gone to Zenit etc in the past .
Perhaps morally and loyally you are right , but we can’t deny other clubs to do there business legally just because it affects us . Should Real decide to go after DeGea again in late August I won’t see many on here moaning about it .
It is a ridiculous situation, and our Chairman have put their clubs(OUR CLUBS) in a very poor position . I’ve been bleating on about it for ages .

I know what you mean, it's not perfect. All countries need the same closing date. Or better yet just get rid of the transfer window all together. Have always thought it was a load of bollocks.

We should be getting Fernandes and Lo celso in regardless is CE leaves this window.

Gives them a season to bed in, plus for the hundredth time it negates some of the work needed to do next summer.

Even if the money comes out of next seasons/Jan Budget.

We should be getting Fernandes and Lo celso in regardless is CE leaves this window.

Gives them a season to bed in, plus for the hundredth time it negates some of the work needed to do next summer.

Even if the money comes out of next seasons/Jan Budget.

If we can anyone, I can only see we'll get one of them - trying to fit in both simply doesn't make sense when we should be looking for upgrades elsewhere.

Betis are stuck on demanding their 88 mill - so unless they back down it's unlikely it's him - Fernandes would seem more likely as of now, and apparently we still have people out there trying to get it done.

If we can anyone, I can only see we'll get one of them - trying to fit in both simply doesn't make sense when we should be looking for upgrades elsewhere.

Betis are stuck on demanding their 88 mill - so unless they back down it's unlikely it's him - Fernandes would seem more likely as of now, and apparently we still have people out there trying to get it done.

I have given up on us getting a RB, I predicted we would see Sissoko there this season (I think he has the tools to do well) and I stand by that.

Fernades and Lo Celso can cover a couple of positions.

I have given up on us getting a RB, I predicted we would see Sissoko there this season (I think he has the tools to do well) and I stand by that.

Fernades and Lo Celso can cover a couple of positions.

Well given how dreadful Sissoko was at RM, I can't say I'd be filled with joy at the prospect of him at RB - but as this thread has reminded me, Kaboul was one of my all time favourite make-shift RB's - so you never know!

Well given how dreadful Sissoko was at RM, I can't say I'd be filled with joy at the prospect of him at RB - but as this thread has reminded me, Kaboul was one of my all time favourite make-shift RB's - so you never know!

As a stop gap, basic RB tackling and offload think he will do ok

Athletic as well

Ericksen (well I guesshis agent) thought he only had to put word out on the street that he wanted to leave us and the offers would come flooding in.....whilst he can be a great player at times I don't believe he is as good as he thinks he is....certainly his application in a match stinks at times.

Ericksen (well I guesshis agent) thought he only had to put word out on the street that he wanted to leave us and the offers would come flooding in.....whilst he can be a great player at times I don't believe he is as good as he thinks he is....certainly his application in a match stinks at times.

His agent may have played a blinder, maybe the personal terms are all done and dusted and by being patient and not panicking could have got himself a massive commission and a huge signing on bonus for his client?

Guess we will only know that after our window closes.

You may well be right Ex but I must say Ericsen coming out and saying (or the press?) along the liness 'its real madrid for me' was perhaps a bit naive as it immediately limits other clubs even making any offers I would have thought....not the most astute negotiating position.

You may well be right Ex but I must say Ericsen coming out and saying (or the press?) along the liness 'its real madrid for me' was perhaps a bit naive as it immediately limits other clubs even making any offers I would have thought....not the most astute negotiating position.

I don't recall him actually naming them - maybe I missed that?

Must have been the media then, but I seem to remember him implying that in a n interview back end of the season ...but I am old and my memory may be worse than i think it is.... ...but strangely it was not denied....if it indeed ever happened ha ha

He's not the great player him and his agent thought he was, proof in the lack of interest shown.

That he has been allowed to become invaluable for us says more about our dismal recruiting than his actual ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.