Chancellor and Health Secretary (n/g) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Chancellor and Health Secretary (n/g)

If he stays (and all the signs say he will) there’s every chance he’ll lose his own seat.

He cares not one jot.

(If he goes however, I think the Tories will win again)
Not sure anyone the fact is there is a lot more scandal to come yet.The scandal could well see Tories laying into Tories in the sort of bloody fight we have never seen before. Win a election I doubt they could unite enough. The leadership fight when it finally happens will be the most bitter ever.No sure anyside of the party will be willing to give any ground to the other.
It has got to be remembered that Boris lead the pro Brexit largely right wing of the party against the then parliamentary Tory majority remain .Mogg and Co have their first taste of power .They won't want to lose that to anyone.
That Sambrooke MP possibly showed how bitter this is already and it will get worse if Boris insists on staying in number ten.

Last edited:
How anyone ever thought Johnson embodied Brexit and the project would fail without him I know not. Then again I didn't notice the dastardly MSM plot against him, the spiked water supply, the hypnosis and the mass mind control that turned Johnson into a lazy, lying incompetent without a plan, a sincerely held belief, or a principle to his name.

He is correct about one thing, after him the deluge. The succession will be messy, brutal and damaging. I'm not sure they can hang together in the medium term.

New edit: Suella Braverman has thrown her hat in the ring. Oh joy and don't scoff because anything and anyone is now possible. She has the only essential qualification, she's a Brexiteer, and there is no reason to believe a career of failing upwards has peaked.

Last edited:
So he's going to resign, then stay on as a dead duck until the Autumn. That's a real shame, I was enjoying watching his party implode.

Unedifying is an understatement. As someone who has been basically indifferent-to-middling as far as Boris Johnson is concerned, I`ve found his attitude of the last few days stunningly empty-headed, undignified and dishonorable.

I wonder who he`s been listening to for advice. What a sad state of affairs.

Ironically, as someone else implied a few days ago, he`ll no doubt go on to make a fortune from books and speaking appearances !

Reactions: PuB
People should have believed what Max Hastings said about him in the lead up to his election as Tory leader.

Anyone with any knowledge of the man knew years ago how dreadful he is. Stupidity and wilful ignorance allowed him into power.

I actually find Nigel Farage less objectionable.

Many of us called him out as a deceitful liar years ago. The biggest shame is that his remaining work colleagues woke up to his deliberate dishonesty far too late. The collateral damage to the country has already been done.
Long, long way back from here.
They didn't wake up to it. They tolerated it, even actively encouraged and supported it, until it no longer suited their political ambitions. You wouldn't want them in the trenches with you, would you? As low a bunch of politicians as there has ever been.

Probably have another thread but, in the meantime, I would put the following five in the "contenders stable" :

Rishi Sunak (despite wife-gate)
Penny Mordaunt
Ben Wallace
Suella Braverman
Sajid Javid

Many of us called him out as a deceitful liar years ago. The biggest shame is that his remaining work colleagues woke up to his deliberate dishonesty far too late. The collateral damage to the country has already been done.
Long, long way back from here.
The most incredible thing & biggest shame is that the english electorate continue to vote & support all of these smug, deceitful rich politicians which is a true & sad reflection of a dumbed down (& to some extent a conspiratorial) population. There is no opposition in England, either.... Starmer would be equally at home in the Conservatives ... !