Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Win on Penalties

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Lose on Penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Watched Leipzig’s game vs Wolfsburg...honestly they didn’t look anything special as Wolfsburg pressed them....but then again we aren’t anything special either but the point is if we give it a go we could win it.

Rather Lamela coming on later in the game. Remember this might be a penalty shoot out.

If so rather Lamela taking a penalty than most of our players.

I heard St.Helens have asked him to do some coaching on kicking for them.

It was a bad pen. Being a leftie the obvious place was low and to Kruls left. But Krul knew that so probably expected Lamela to go low right. So Coco went high right, he over thought it and went for the hardest option. That said it shows his confidence he thought he could do it and probably does in practice.

Rather Lamela coming on later in the game. Remember this might be a penalty shoot out.

If so rather Lamela taking a penalty than most of our players.

I agree...Lamela is and always will be the masterclass impact sub. Bring him on around the 60th minute and hope he can save us if needed.

It was a bad pen. Being a leftie the obvious place was low and to Kruls left. But Krul knew that so probably expected Lamela to go low right. So Coco went high right, he over thought it and went for the hardest option. That said it shows his confidence he thought he could do it and probably does in practice.

Krul is a legit GK and I wish we had him. I credit him and have no problems saying that. He did his homework as any professional GK should do.

If we can turn this round it'll be a bigger miracle then the Ajax game IMO.

I fear another bad evening, 3-0.

I read he was handed a bottle of water with the pen takers details on, so not all his own homework ?

The rules clearly need tightening by FIFA. There was nothing in the spirit of football that Krul did in the penalty exchange. He wouldn't go back to the goal when requested, he was greeting our players by coming out the 18 yard box and then wasted time by going back behind the net to his previous water bottle. That's not even mentioning that he was off his line on every penalty.

I have no problem losing, but do hope FIFA use this case to improve the setup on penalty shootouts. All it proved was football has no class any more.

Good to see that BM have broken the spirit of Leipzig, They're now 5 points behind in the league and have slipped into 3rd. Didn't they have a decent lead at one point?

TBH I just want us to go for it......because I don't expect us to win the CL I think it would be beneficial for us as a team to attack and press and close down all over the place....we then have 5 days till the Utd game.....they can rest then. If we sit back they are going to take us apart...IMO. IF we attack them form the off, get an early goal and keep attacking......well it would be nice to see what happens....

However, my heart needs a rest so I am not going to actually watch it.....COYS

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez Alderweireld Davies
Ndombele Dier Lo Celso
Moura Lamela Sessegnon

Subs. Gazzaniga, Aurier, Vertonghen, Winks, Gedson, Dele, Bergwijn

Midfield 3 early on to try and gain some control, Moura and Sessegnon to provide pace on the wings (especially against their back 3).

It sort of feels like the best thing for the team is to drop out of the CL.

The best thing for everyone is to win, even if the margin doesn't get us though.

Play on the front foot the way we can and not only can we win, we will.

Play negatively and start with this defensive sit back and let them run at us tactics and we'll be buried and then probably be asked to go at them when it's far to late.

Jose has to suck it up, get brave, pick the formation to take it to them, the best we can and roll the dice.

Last edited:
Agree the best thing is to win...but I just cannot see our team rising to the occasion...they have failed too many times at key points to grab the moment.

Isn't each round worth something like £8-10m and 40% of that goes as players bonuses. Even Ndombele could surely get up for that.

Isn't the score only 1-0? Any form of win takes us through does it?

Well a 1-0 away win would put us level after 90 mins. I'm sure we'll be up for extra time and penalties again for the second time in 7 days !!!