Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Win on Penalties

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Lose on Penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dele's interviews have been fantastic. There is no other player I would rather have right now facing the media. The introspection piece is particularly strong with Dele and he's never making excuses. Most importantly, he's not creating any follow-up nonsense by saying the wrong thing like others have.
Dont get me wrong, i have no problem with what he said. In fact, he would make a good politician after his football career. But to me, as a football player, he can only 'talk' with his feet and put in a performance when he is actually on the pitch. No point saying the right things before and after a game e.g. cannot hide, cannot blame injury blah, blah and blah but in the 90 minutes on the pitch, cannot hold the ball, find a good pass or sprint around and put some tough tackles in.

Yes, you are right.
Dele in particular!
Since we r on this, the decline was crazy. Suddenly verty is like a 60 year old. Toby cant position or jump. Dier was so dire. Davies became a bungling error prone clown. Rose will be Rose. It's like everyone's performance fell off a cliff. i can understand that Toby and Verty are getting older but i did not see other top defenders suddenly drop off like that. They slowly fade and with a bit more injury etc. Is this a uniquely Spurs thing?

Dont get me wrong, i have no problem with what he said. In fact, he would make a good politician after his football career. But to me, as a football player, he can only 'talk' with his feet and put in a performance when he is actually on the pitch. No point saying the right things before and after a game e.g. cannot hide, cannot blame injury blah, blah and blah but in the 90 minutes on the pitch, cannot hold the ball, find a good pass or sprint around and put some tough tackles in.

You can add he cannot dribble either as another weakness. And for those saying wait until Son and Kane come back etc., he played with them in his favored position and many sub-standard performances in recent seasons have defined him as the weak link in the chain.

Since we r on this, the decline was crazy. Suddenly verty is like a 60 year old. Toby cant position or jump. Dier was so dire. Davies became a bungling error prone clown. Rose will be Rose. It's like everyone's performance fell off a cliff. i can understand that Toby and Verty are getting older but i did not see other top defenders suddenly drop off like that. They slowly fade and with a bit more injury etc. Is this a uniquely Spurs thing?

They're elite athletes; as soon as you switch off and stop trying you performances will sink like the titantic; add injuries in (always happen when you mentally stop trying) - Just think of Sanchez at Manure after he was sold by le arse and you have a real example of it.

Trying to get back after you've lost that top end conditioning can literally take a season or even two.

Sissoko was utter shite for most of two seasons before he started showing he wasn't a wasted bag of old meat, and up until his injury was considered our CM rock' - so thinking about why that happened and you have your answer.

They're elite athletes; as soon as you switch off and stop trying you performances will sink like the titantic; add injuries in (always happen when you mentally stop trying) - Just think of Sanchez at Manure after he was sold by le arse and you have a real example of it.

Trying to get back after you've lost that top end conditioning can literally take a season or even two.

Sissoko was utter shite for most of two seasons before he started showing he wasn't a wasted bag of old meat, and up until his injury was considered our CM rock' - so thinking about why that happened and you have your answer.
Lets hope Ndom does a Sisso and bloom into our version of Kante

Going from Wana and Dembele to winks will do that to you.

Also the players thought they made it after finishing 2nd. Deck chair and cigar comes to mind.