Burton at home match threat | Page 3 | Vital Football

Burton at home match threat

Hopefully the shackles come off a bit today and if we take the lead we try to score a couple more goals.
On the flip side, maybe if the shackles weren't put on in the first place and players playing in correct positions would have helped we would probably be 15-20 points better off at this stage with something to play for and more interest from the fans for the next few games.

We had the players to at least make the play offs this season and that has been proved by performances against the better sides in this league.

On the flip side, maybe if the shackles weren't put on in the first place and players playing in correct positions would have helped we would probably be 15-20 points better off at this stage with something to play for and more interest from the fans for the next few games.

We had the players to at least make the play offs this season and that has been proved by performances against the better sides in this league.
You are right Frank, the players are good enough to do well in this league, they have proved that against the good sides.
If we had played as well against the shite as we played against the decent sides, we would have won automatic promotion, never mind the play offs.
But then again, ifs and buts, if my Mum had a todger she'd have been my Dad. Hindsight is a very powerful tool, roll on next season, you never know what might happen.

Hi King,
My workmate supports Burton (Derby Office) and Hughes will be playing today as he came on for the last 10mins of Vale game, he rates him highly and they have missed him defensively ....
I think for us we are going to see a lot of fringe players or Academy players getting game time today now we have hit 50pts, plus another game on Monday ...so we shall see at 2pm...

See you there later today !! But hopefully they have Fish Fingers Barms in the catering...😥 My pie is out today...🥺

Thanks for the info, it'll be interesting to see him today as I think he'll be someone we've probably had an eye on.

You are right Frank, the players are good enough to do well in this league, they have proved that against the good sides.
If we had played as well against the shite as we played against the decent sides, we would have won automatic promotion, never mind the play offs.
But then again, ifs and buts, if my Mum had a todger she'd have been my Dad. Hindsight is a very powerful tool, roll on next season, you never know what might happen.
I get were you're coming from with the ifs and buts mate, but lets face it its been criminal the way Maloney has utilised the squad this season not to mention the mind numbing football they've been forced to play.

I've said it before I think the plan all along was to just do enough to stay in this league, to get promotion we would have to spend big to stay in the championship and the owner obviously doesn't want that and is happy to tread water in this league.

Otherwise any other manager at any other club would have been shown the door months ago for the shite we have had to put up with this season, for me the owner and manager are mugging the fans off with the lack of ambition and getting away with it because of the " lucky to have a club" "Danson saved us" mentality, how long is that mentality going to carry on for?

I get were you're coming from with the ifs and buts mate, but lets face it its been criminal the way Maloney has utilised the squad this season not to mention the mind numbing football they've been forced to play.

I've said it before I think the plan all along was to just do enough to stay in this league, to get promotion we would have to spend big to stay in the championship and the owner obviously doesn't want that and is happy to tread water in this league.

Otherwise any other manager at any other club would have been shown the door months ago for the shite we have had to put up with this season, for me the owner and manager are mugging the fans off with the lack of ambition and getting away with it because of the " lucky to have a club" "Danson saved us" mentality, how long is that mentality going to carry on for?
I am hoping that once the ship has been fully steadied he might have a different view of things.
He is a businessman after all, so he will have made calculated risks all his life, but starting from a firm footing is always best to be fair.
He obviously isn't daft and can see what riches are available in football, he is hopefully just getting all his eggs in the same basket before starting the next stage.

I am hoping that once the ship has been fully steadied he might have a different view of things.
He is a businessman after all, so he will have made calculated risks all his life, but starting from a firm footing is always best to be fair.
He obviously isn't daft and can see what riches are available in football, he is hopefully just getting all his eggs in the same basket before starting the next stage.
Hope his eggs get smashed at St. Helens today.

The rumour (don't know how much credibility it carries) was that if we get promoted this season, then a further payment is due to Al Jasmi.

Regardless, you keep knocking yersel out Frankie.

I'm still trying to understand what the threat it about this match. 👀

The rumour (don't know how much credibility it carries) was that if we get promoted this season, then a further payment is due to Al Jasmi.
I hadn't heard that but glad you posted it, so my assumptions were correct all along the only ambition was to stay in this league and not push for promotion?

I wonder what excuse the owners will dream up for next season?

Todays team news. Five changes.

Latics: Tickle, Clare, Hughes (Capt), Goode, Pearce, M.Smith, S.Smith, J.Smith, Aasgaard, Humphrys, Kelman.

Subs: Amos, Morrison, Chambers, Sessegnon, Sze, Godo, Magennis.

Maloney’s men will be looking to back up their victory against local rivals Blackpool before the international break and make five changes for their meeting against Martin Paterson’s side. Sean Clare, Charlie Goode, Tom Pearce, Jonny Smith, and Charlie Kelman come into the starting side, replacing Jason Kerr, Luke Chambers, Baba Adeeko, Jordan Jones and Martial Godo.

I hadn't heard that but glad you posted it, so my assumptions were correct all along the only ambition was to stay in this league and not push for promotion?

I wonder what excuse the owners will dream up for next season?
Yes! And I'm sure you read the financial report. What excuses?

I was hoping we could sneak an undeserved late winner, so my moaning would not be based on a bad result, I am sorry but that is just not good enough.

I put forward again something I brought up after a previous shit show, does this manager sit down post match with his players and staff and analyse a recording of the game and ask the players why they make certain decisions or play certain ways.
I think not, otherwise the same errors and poor play would not happen constantly game after game.

Last edited: