Burton at home match threat | Page 2 | Vital Football

Burton at home match threat

Maybe we would have had something to play for if Tinkerbell hadn't pissed 15-20 points up the wall with his constant dicking about with team selections and dross style of play.

We have been shite when needing points this season God only knows what will be served up these next few remaining games.

I think we'll start with the same side that we did against Blackpool.

This is the type of game we probably won't need 3 centre backs for but I can see us starting that way and giving Chambers lots of licence to bomb forward as left CB along with Jones and Scott Smith from wing back.

I hope we start with Godo on the left and Humps on the right again with Thelo up front as i think that worked reasonably well on the handful of occasions we've tried it.

I think this will be the type of game where a Humphrys long shot could be needed to break them down. Or Johnny Smith's crossing ability as it was against Orient when they sat back and we were struggling to get quality delivery in.

Missing this game as I'm away but just get the feeling it may be a bit of a dull game as we are now safe from relegation in all but name, hope I'm wrong & that all of you going get an early Easter treat with a goal fest....
Looking for a Wigan / Wigan win - the footy & the rugby 😉😂

Missing this game as I'm away but just get the feeling it may be a bit of a dull game as we are now safe from relegation in all but name, hope I'm wrong & that all of you going get an early Easter treat with a goal fest....
Looking for a Wigan / Wigan win - the footy & the rugby 😉😂
Missing another game? Lost interest have you? Two home games on the spin that now.

Don't worry there's a few more like you, all down to Tinkerbell this.

Hopefully the shackles come off a bit today and if we take the lead we try to score a couple more goals. That’s easier said than done though and Burton will be fighting for their lives. I thought their number 7 (Joe Powell) looked decent in midfield against us before and could be a possible summer transfer target (he’ll probably be shite today now).

Job done, how the fuck do you come to that conclusion?

We are set to finish mid table and thats it, hardly job done. And before you start with 'the plan was to stay up this season' who actually said that apart from the happy clappers on here?
Frankie boy! Most fans would have easily settled for that at the start of the season. Anyway, only 2 more home games after this one for you to attend, then you can do as you've promised & bugger off.

Missing another game? Lost interest have you? Two home games on the spin that now.

Missing another game? Lost interest have you?...... think you'll find frankie boy that it's called having a life alongside supporting Latics. But if it supports your narrative that there's 'a few more like me' losing interest then you go for it.
For your info......
Miss the odd game most seasons due to my shifts.
Miss the odd game most seasons due to holidays
Miss the odd game due to family commitments
Think I've yet to miss a game due to lack of interest or faith in the manager n team.
Guess we're not all as fickle as Mr Bullitt 😉

Hopefully the shackles come off a bit today and if we take the lead we try to score a couple more goals. That’s easier said than done though and Burton will be fighting for their lives. I thought their number 7 (Joe Powell) looked decent in midfield against us before and could be a possible summer transfer target (he’ll probably be shite today now).

I think there are 3 on frees from Burton we could look at in the summer centre back Hughes who was their player of year last season but is currently injured, then Helm who came through United's youth system and Powell who always looks decent against us and someone I thought we may have looked at before now.

Our performances at home this season have been poor with the odd exception, but in many past seasons we've played much worse and lost more games. So if fans are fed up to the point of walking away this season I have no idea how they survived past some of the past relegation battling seasons in the Championship or the admin season. As the Rosler / MacKay / Caldwell, Caldwell/ Joyce / Barrow, Richardson, Toure, Maloney seasons were absolutely brutal.

I think there are 3 on frees from Burton we could look at in the summer centre back Hughes who was their player of year last season but is currently injured, then Helm who came through United's youth system and Powell who always looks decent against us and someone I thought we may have looked at before now.
Hi King,
My workmate supports Burton (Derby Office) and Hughes will be playing today as he came on for the last 10mins of Vale game, he rates him highly and they have missed him defensively ....
I think for us we are going to see a lot of fringe players or Academy players getting game time today now we have hit 50pts, plus another game on Monday ...so we shall see at 2pm...

See you there later today !! But hopefully they have Fish Fingers Barms in the catering...😥 My pie is out today...🥺

Maybe we would have had something to play for if Tinkerbell hadn't pissed 15-20 points up the wall with his constant dicking about with team selections and dross style of play.

We have been shite when needing points this season God only knows what will be served up these next few remaining games.
No matter what is served up I am sure you will continue spouting your pure shite !

This game is a perfect opportunity for Baloney to remove the shackles,up the tempo,stop the sideways backwards borefest, and give the fans something to cheer about from the first minute....Let's see a 3 or 4 nil win, and none of this sitting back and holding on for a 1 nil.
I won't hold my breath.