Brexit rolls on... | Page 22 | Vital Football

Brexit rolls on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a suggestion as you stated, just after you wrote it to be a fact.
You can play semantic games all you want, but you've got it very wrong in this case.
When evidence suggests something is true, you can reasonably assume that it is true. That's why we think there was a big bang, and pretty much every other theory that has been 'proven' like evolution.

Let me ask, what standard of evidence would you accept as reasonable proof that racists support brexit?
Maybe we can agree on some groups that are racist and see if they supported Brexit. Would that work?

You can play semantic games all you want, but you've got it very wrong in this case.
When evidence suggests something is true, you can reasonably assume that it is true. That's why we think there was a big bang, and pretty much every other theory that has been 'proven' like evolution.

Let me ask, what standard of evidence would you accept as reasonable proof that racists support brexit?
Maybe we can agree on some groups that are racist and see if they supported Brexit. Would that work?

Please supply evidence to support your claim that 'every racist voted for Brexit'.

You trotted it out, so you must have some supporting evidence.

Momentum?

Please supply evidence to support your claim that 'every racist voted for Brexit'.

You trotted it out, so you must have some supporting evidence.
Obviously I can't have evidence about every single racist in the country. I was generalizing.
If that's your argument then fine, I concede. I can't prove that every single racist in the country supports Brexit, so i'm going to go and find out about every single racist group i can find in the next 20 minutes and see if they supported brexit and then we can see if a pattern emerges.
Fair?

Obviously I can't have evidence about every single racist in the country. I was generalizing.
If that's your argument then fine, I concede. I can't prove that every single racist in the country supports Brexit, so i'm going to go and find out about every single racist group i can find in the next 20 minutes and see if they supported brexit and then we can see if a pattern emerges.
Fair?

Momentum. Or is antisemitism not the correct type of racism for your twaddle?

There are many who appear to suggest as much with their comments (not on here, I might add). I wouldn't be so bold as to suggest there was none; Twitter seems awash with them.
There is certainly a long line of people waiting to say I told you so. That's not in dispute. But the joy of being proven right as Brexit continues to be a disaster is small in comparison to the despair at having lost the war. Remainers are just as patriotic as leavers. Everybody needs to understand that almost everyone else voted for what they thought was best for themselves and the country as whole. Obviously there were a multitude of factors that led to final decisions but with that fundamental principle in mind, we can start a more reasonable debate about why remaining would have been a better decision for everyone except those with large short positions or those who are looking forward to a bonfire of regulations at our expense.

Like DeFuq and JC?
I don't know and don't want to call users out because what's the point?
Same as with Brexit supporters in general on here, I don't believe anything is to be gained by calling individuals racist.
Looking at the big picture is way more interesting.
UKIP
The Brexit Party
Britain First
The British Democratic Party
Britannica Party
EDL

and yes, parts of momentum
etc. etc.
They all support brexit. They all have huge racism problems.

Like I said, once you commit to blaming others for our problems, things like Brexit and racism go hand in hand.

Its a shame that people are such snowflakes that they can't debate it honestly without playing stupid games like strettea red.

I don't know and don't want to call users out because what's the point?
Same as with Brexit supporters in general on here, I don't believe anything is to be gained by calling individuals racist.
Looking at the big picture is way more interesting.
UKIP
The Brexit Party
Britain First
The British Democratic Party
Britannica Party
EDL

and yes, parts of momentum
etc. etc.
They all support brexit. They all have huge racism problems.

Like I said, once you commit to blaming others for our problems, things like Brexit and racism go hand in hand.

Its a shame that people are such snowflakes that they can't debate it honestly without playing stupid games like strettea red.

Are you having a laugh? You came on here and started the racist trope, then have a go when you are called out on it.

Oh dear.

People defining "Brexit voters" as they see fit, then speaking about all of them.
That's often fine because what unites brexit voters is that they all voted for Brexit.

Being on the left of the British political spectrum doesn't define your position on brexit. Left wing brexit voters were in the minority of people that I would regard as on the left, but it might be that if you took, say, JC or Dafuq's definition of The Left then the split might be more even. I would say those definitions of the left are limited and actually encompass only quite a small number of Britons.

Status
Not open for further replies.