Brewers vs Suppers | Page 8 | Vital Football

Brewers vs Suppers

MiW - you did what you thought was the sensible thing to do, largely for the protection of others .... a decision I agree with ...... but (justified or not) I'm not sure there's any need for the personal abuse directed at Hampton.

Hampton - you appear to completely ignore MiW's reasoning for not going, instead, choosing to goad him by saying he's hiding away, insinuating he's being cowardly ... with absolutely no justification. Your little barbs are hardly suggesting you want an adult discussion.

What kind of society are we living in when we can't simply respect and accept the decisions of others?

Well said Moonay 👏👏👏.....both entitled to their views but give up on the snidey comments & personal insults lads.

Understood, .. but it then simply invites the accusation of name calling and abuse, rather than actually responding to the questions you posed .....like you say, he didn't.

No need (in my opinion).

Sometimes if the cap fits then there should be no problem with it being worn. I accept your point, and in general agree, but given the seriousness of the subject matter then I see no need to pussy foot around with these type of people and being frank is the best policy.

Ode to not much joy.

Now I've nowt against the Brewers
A town of friendly folk
But getting back wom after
Was beyond a sodding joke.

Don't turn here, that lanes shut
Kindly take this road
I thowt id never see again
The misses and abode.

So let this be a warning
Of many hours spent
Around the mystification
Of Stoke-On-Bloody-Trent.

No zakky, you came off at Keale services for a quick way to Cudmore if the barriers were open, this fishery was Herronbrook further south near Eccleshall, it was easier to come off at the works exit than J15.

Oh right l've never been there, I used to go to Cudmore a lot a few years ago along with Border and Gorsty Hall

The header of the line was brilliant but I thought our defender (not sure who), was fouled on the edge of the box.

As for the supporters I can't blame them as there was little to cheer last night.

No, but abuse, but you're certainly casting aspersions and goading MiW.
In the face of disgraceful abuse - absolutely I am - If he can't keep himself in check that's not my problem is it.
Not the first time you've stepped in the middle for him last few says either !

Sometimes if the cap fits then there should be no problem with it being worn. I accept your point, and in general agree, but given the seriousness of the subject matter then I see no need to pussy foot around with these type of people and being frank is the best policy.
Care to explain what you mean by "these type of people" ?
Be people who don't tend to agree with you I suppose.
Now when I made a similar statement a number on here had a right go at me - interesting that you get a couple of likes 🤔
You still need banning for a while btw 😁

In the face of disgraceful abuse - absolutely I am - If he can't keep himself in check that's not my problem is it.
Not the first time you've stepped in the middle for him last few says either !

You casted the aspersions before the abusive response(s) mate.

If you read what I posted, I wasn't either "for" or "against" either of you. Of course he shouldn't have responded like he did, but then again, if you hadn't goaded him in the first place, he wouldn't have felt the need to do so.

He didn't want to go and risk infecting others. Surely, that's to his credit, and doesn't deserve a ribbing from someone who believe it to be cowardly.

Take ownership mate. (y)

Best to try and avoid politics on here as no one ever changes their mind and it always ends up in people falling out.
This isn't politics though is it ... and even then, a reasonable discussion is more than possible without resorting to name calling with other posters.

Thousands waiting for cancer treatment who are in much more danger are likely to die as unfortunately the NHS and those like yourself have one single point of fixation.

But surely that single point of fixation (which is isn't) is because hospitals are under severe pressure due to having 20,000 thousand or so patients lying around with Covid and a lot of them on oxygen? Just because Boris and chums say the NHS is coping just fine, it isn't necessarily (as with all things Boris and chums) true. The people who I know who work in healthcare certainly still think Covid is more than just a bit of an issue and are overwhelmed still as staff are spread so thinly. I'm sure you can guess why? Yes, dealing with Covid patients.

If everyone followed government advice and did as they pleased when infected with Covid, I think we can all agree that 20,000 could and would easily rise very quickly and have a very negative knock-on effect on the NHS.

In this scenario, the patients you feel for above are going to have treatment delayed even more.

I just don't understand the logic in the "do as you please because the govt say it is okay" mentality.

For now, whilst Covid IS still a problem, are we not better to err on the side of caution for the benefit of society for a while and see how things play out? Maybe missing a football match isn't such a big deal when set against a once in a lifetime (hopefully) pandemic event.