Brewers vs Suppers | Page 9 | Vital Football

Brewers vs Suppers

Care to explain what you mean by "these type of people" ?
Be people who don't tend to agree with you I suppose.
Now when I made a similar statement a number on here had a right go at me - interesting that you get a couple of likes 🤔
You still need banning for a while btw 😁

Morons that seek to persuade others from getting vaccines. Fuckwits that get triggered when people wear masks. Selfish pricks who feel they can ignore nhs/governmental advice to isolate when infectious with covid to prevent them infecting other more vulnerable people. Those type of people. No point sugar coating it, they are as described.

Best to try and avoid politics on here as no one ever changes their mind and it always ends up in people falling out.

To be fair King, you’re right and I’ve made an effort to avoid it. However this isn’t about politics. It’s about challenging someone spreading false info, fake news call it what you will about a pandemic and it’s effects. If we don’t then these morons start to win and the likelihood of lockdowns, more restrictions and sadly more avoidable deaths, serious illness, delayed nhs treatment etc starts to increase.

This isn't politics though is it ... and even then, a reasonable discussion is more than possible without resorting to name calling with other posters.

I'd say Covid and anything that goes with it has been quite political throughout.

It should be possible to discuss things civilly but unfortunately it nearly always end up getting heated or personal. So I think it's best to try and save the time and agro as no one ever changes their opinion.

I'd say Covid and anything that goes with it has been quite political throughout.

It should be possible to discuss things civilly but unfortunately it nearly always end up getting heated or personal. So I think it's best to try and save the time and agro as no one ever changes their opinion.
Covid should be about health, and protecting the (vulnerable elements of) the population.

Unfortunately, politicians (yes, from both sides) made it political.

Thing is though, it isn't over. Absolutely we need to live with it, and for me, that starts with respecting the views of others. For eg, I'm quite happy to shop without a mask, but a couple near us still ask customers to wear them, and I'm happy to do so. They'll have their reasons for asking, and though I don't know what they are, who am I to say "fuck you"?.

To be fair King, you’re right and I’ve made an effort to avoid it. However this isn’t about politics. It’s about challenging someone spreading false info, fake news call it what you will about a pandemic and it’s effects. If we don’t then these morons start to win and the likelihood of lockdowns, more restrictions and sadly more avoidable deaths, serious illness, delayed nhs treatment etc starts to increase.

As certain as any of us are that we're right about anything, we believe we've seen good evidence from credible sources and the other side of the argument is not at all credible.

Chances are the people who believe the opposite are exactly the same in reverse and are just as certain.

So it's one of those where it's so difficult to argue as both sides are absolutely certain they are right and the other wrong and any evidence either side shows to prove their case will probably not been deemed credible by the other.

At the end if the day you and Hampton won't ever agree so probably not worth either of your time to keep going at it.

Every debate hampson is involved in gets heated and personal, he is the master of snide comments and as moonay observes and posted his posts contain much goading and barbed insinuations searching for conflict, he then pleads innocence and cries about personal abuse and posters unable to accept his different opinions ignoring the fact he is exactly the same and never accepts anyone else has an opinion.

Shut up about bloody covid. It’s a football site. Every post gets spoiled by the same people.

Mate, why do you show such concern about the posting habits of others? It's not the first time.

One poster gave his reasons for not going last night, and the conversation developed ... what's so wrong about that?

Those "same people" choose to post regularly, and let the discussion flow. You seem to post more infrequently, and tend to post with more brevity. Post and let post I say.

Covid should be about health, and protecting the (vulnerable elements of) the population.

Unfortunately, politicians (yes, from both sides) made it political.

Thing is though, it isn't over. Absolutely we need to live with it, and for me, that starts with respecting the views of others. For eg, I'm quite happy to shop without a mask, but a couple near us still ask customers to wear them, and I'm happy to do so. They'll have their reasons for asking, and though I don't know what they are, who am I to say "fuck you"?.

Where it becomes political is people don't agree on how much protection is needed and how the best way to provide that.

Where it becomes political is people don't agree on how much protection is needed and how the best way to provide that.

But when I've been arguing political points (and certainly against Johnson), both MiW and Hampton seemed to be on the "same side" of the argument, disagreeing with me ... so I'm not sure this is simply a disagreement along political lines.

Maybe Hampton's younger, and not so worried about consequences - for him and for others.

I think that the PM is trying to make us all think that it's gone away, which it absolutely hasn't, but as I've already said, I do think that the time is right for us all to try and work out how to live with it going forward. Denying it's existence gets us nowhere.

Any road, just for "Oooooooo to be a" (make a belting title for a song that would ... 'owd on ... it can't be, ... can it ? :hmmm:) back to last night ......

As certain as any of us are that we're right about anything, we believe we've seen good evidence from credible sources and the other side of the argument is not at all credible.

Chances are the people who believe the opposite are exactly the same in reverse and are just as certain.

So it's one of those where it's so difficult to argue as both sides are absolutely certain they are right and the other wrong and any evidence either side shows to prove their case will probably not been deemed credible by the other.

At the end if the day you and Hampton won't ever agree so probably not worth either of your time to keep going at it.

I’ve got to disagree. The evidence is all on one side of the argument, from legitimate, credible sources. Covid vaccines are being used worldwide, which are having some effect to protect people. Isolating when infectious clearly helps to limit further transmission. Mask mandates have been in place worldwide as the evidence suggests they have some effect in reducing transmission. To dissuade people from getting vaccines, destroying these centres, telling people to ignore isolating when they have it or mock those who wore or who continue to wear masks is just unacceptable. These people are morons, to put it politely.

However this isn’t necessarily about evidence. It’s about individuals acting selfishly and seeking to get others to do likewise to legitimise their behaviour. As such it needs calling out and as I was the recipient of some of this nonsense I’m happy to do so. If others enjoyment of the thread has been affected by that then I apologise as that wasn’t my intention. However I’m not sorry for calling out this nonsense as it needs to be challenged and not ignored.

But when I've been arguing political points (and certainly against Johnson), both MiW and Hampton seemed to be on the "same side" of the argument, disagreeing with me ... so I'm not sure this is simply a disagreement along political lines.

Maybe Hampton's younger, and not so worried about consequences - for him and for others.

I think that the PM is trying to make us all think that it's gone away, which it absolutely hasn't, but as I've already said, I do think that the time is right for us all to try and work out how to live with it going forward. Denying it's existence gets us nowhere.

Any road, just for "Oooooooo to be a" (make a belting title for a song that would ... 'owd on ... it can't be, ... can it ? :hmmm:) back to last night ......

This mon seems daft as a brush, he has certainly endeared himself to the fans and becoming a fully paid up Wiganer.

Long may it last.

He should stay away from matches that fella, we always play shite when he attends!

Edit....After watching that garbage last night i hope Talal knows that much about football that he needs to get the cheque book out in preparation for the championship next season.

Lets see how serious he is. :help:

Last edited:
If you lose an arguement resort to abuse - surprised you haven't had a ban tbh - just no need - another who can't abide an alternate view to their own.
As above it's your perogative to hide indoors, wear a mask - no problem - just accept that others aren't falling for it anymore especially given those in charge don't give a flyer.
If you want a grown up debate no problem if you want to simply hurl abuse and stamp your feet jog on.
Lots of viruses are prevalent in society should we hide from all of them ? Thousands waiting for cancer treatment who are in much more danger are likely to die as unfortunately the NHS and those like yourself have one single point of fixation.
Only 651 dead today, I admire your insouciance Hampton

So he has got a bloody cap
Where are ours?