Brewers droop | Page 7 | Vital Football

Brewers droop

They had a 12 point deduction and without it would have finished on 26 points instead of 14, (9 points from safety even without the deduction) and would have still finished next to bottom.
Very fortunate not to have had a much bigger deduction or points deduction carried over to this season.
Doesn't stand thinking about that they had exactly the same punishment as us and less than Bury but more than Blackpool who were liquidated mid season and got nowt.
Rovers and Trevor Hemmings FC next possibly if their fairy godmothers get bored.

Seriously, the abuse of Jamie Jones on here a Twitter is appalling. Let’s stress again the constantly changing defence in front of him and the amount of pressure he is dealing with. Yet he has kept us in so many games this season.

I would love to see De Gea or Allison cope with what Jamie has had to do.

Why do some people always look for a weak link in a team when there isn’t one there?

All our guys are giving 110% every game, it’s a shame some of our fans can’t keep believing for the full 90 minutes ☹️

For those that can't see Liam is pulling off a miracle I suggest you look at Boltons results and league standing after admin in this league last season. Unbelievable.

Leam Richardson is doing a phenomenal job in the circumstances. Same for Gregor Rioch. Massive credit to both of them.

I just hope that the admins are gone in time for Moreno to give them the deals they deserve, to keep them at the club. We won't get anyone even close to as good if they go... With Pulis getting the boot from Wednesday and Cook looking like leading candidate, I fear the they'll come in and nick Richardson, which would be disastrous for Latics as well as a backward step in Leam's career. Hopefully he'll see that: whilst we can't match Wednesday's pay packet, we give him the chance to prove himself as a manager in his own right. He's doing a sterling job and if he keeps it up he'll eclipse Cook in a couple of years. If he has a longer term view we'll be OK... But that's a big if. Couldn't really blame him for taking more money for less pressure / stress in the short term. All depends on where he sees his career going over the next few years.

Even when we had an experienced and well paid squad of players,
they still made some 'howlers', sometimes on a regular basis.

Seriously, the abuse of Jamie Jones on here a Twitter is appalling. Let’s stress again the constantly changing defence in front of him and the amount of pressure he is dealing with. Yet he has kept us in so many games this season.

I would love to see De Gea or Allison cope with what Jamie has had to do.

Why do some people always look for a weak link in a team when there isn’t one there?

All our guys are giving 110% every game, it’s a shame some of our fans can’t keep believing for the full 90 minutes ☹️

Pathetic is the word....shameful another. All this from a guy who put his winners medal up to raise funds for our survival.

Jamie if you read this you are appreciated by the majority and thank you son for your efforts during a shite period of our history.

That last minute save was hardly a "regulation save". I'm not saying he is not suspect at times, but this is L1 and we are a lower half team at best currently. Plus the number of goals he is allegedly at prime fault with are grossly exaggerated by those who have an axe to grind.
Seems to me that Jones is the new Naismith for now as far as some are concerned.
I have no axe to grind whatsoever, I suppose at least 2 of the goals v Rochdale and all 3 v Accrington are exaggerated are they, those are just off the top of my head from recent games, take a look at Accrington's third goal where he does on the ball from the corner and spilled it, he was more concerned about the dirt on his shirt than the goal he had let in.

I have no axe to grind whatsoever, I suppose at least 2 of the goals v Rochdale and all 3 v Accrington are exaggerated are they, those are just off the top of my head from recent games, take a look at Accrington's third goal where he does on the ball from the corner and spilled it, he was more concerned about the dirt on his shirt than the goal he had let in.

Seems that you have decided to blame Jones for almost every goal against us then, so nothing to do with the 10 players in front of him then.

Pathetic is the word....shameful another. All this from a guy who put his winners medal up to raise funds for our survival.

Jamie if you read this you are appreciated by the majority and thank you son for your efforts during a shite period of our history.

TBH Hindley, every goalkeeper is thick skinned and I am sure that JJ will take criticism in his stride.

What is apparent in this discussion is that there are some people who look for problems and someone to blame even though the players are doing all that is asked of them and more besides. There are some people with expectation levels that need to be adjusted to take into account our position in the scheme of things.

We are a third tier club with third tier players, not the force we were a number of years ago or even last season. Too many people base their criticism on televised matches from the PL and expect the same from our lads, they need to have a reality check. The players we have will make mistakes because they are typical of the division they are in, I have not seen anyone being critical of the opposition keeper from last night, or indeed their defence, who let in four goals, JJ was no better and certainly no worse than them.

As an ex keeper myself I am prone to supporting our custodian, whoever that may be, because I know that whatever he does will be seen by some as wrong. The fact that a defender makes a mistake or a midfield player loses the ball makes no difference to that sort of person because they mistakenly believe that the goal keeper is there and will cover their mistakes. If the keeper makes a mistake it generally leads to a goal being scored whereas if a forward makes a mistake it can be rectified. Most forwards will make a number of mistakes in a game but if they score one they will be seen as successful, if a keeper makes a number of mistakes but makes one world class save he would still be criticised for the mistakes that led to goals.

A keeper relies on his back line not to make mistakes and sets himself up to cover areas that are not covered by the defenders, if the defender then makes a mistake the keeper is out of position and more often than not struggles to cover. Last night mistakes were being made by all our defenders and that caused the problems, not a major failure by the keeper. If the midfield had done its job and prevented crosses coming in from the flanks the defence would not have been under pressure and making mistakes.

As you can see from the above, if a goal is scored against a side it is more than likely someone other than the keeper has made a mistake leading up to the shot or cross coming in. JJ is not going to be the best keeper in the country or he would be playing in the PL but he is the best we have and his record on one on one saves is probably one of the best in the division.

It is a difficult job he has and I have the greatest admiration for him as a man and a player for our club and hope that he continues to do a good job for us for the remainder of the season.

Seems that you have decided to blame Jones for almost every goal against us then, so nothing to do with the 10 players in front of him then.

So are you saying that the errors he makes are because of the 10 players in front of him ? And I only blame him for the disastrous errors he makes, which are frequent and costly.

TBH Hindley, every goalkeeper is thick skinned and I am sure that JJ will take criticism in his stride.

What is apparent in this discussion is that there are some people who look for problems and someone to blame even though the players are doing all that is asked of them and more besides. There are some people with expectation levels that need to be adjusted to take into account our position in the scheme of things.

We are a third tier club with third tier players, not the force we were a number of years ago or even last season. Too many people base their criticism on televised matches from the PL and expect the same from our lads, they need to have a reality check. The players we have will make mistakes because they are typical of the division they are in, I have not seen anyone being critical of the opposition keeper from last night, or indeed their defence, who let in four goals, JJ was no better and certainly no worse than them.

As an ex keeper myself I am prone to supporting our custodian, whoever that may be, because I know that whatever he does will be seen by some as wrong. The fact that a defender makes a mistake or a midfield player loses the ball makes no difference to that sort of person because they mistakenly believe that the goal keeper is there and will cover their mistakes. If the keeper makes a mistake it generally leads to a goal being scored whereas if a forward makes a mistake it can be rectified. Most forwards will make a number of mistakes in a game but if they score one they will be seen as successful, if a keeper makes a number of mistakes but makes one world class save he would still be criticised for the mistakes that led to goals.

A keeper relies on his back line not to make mistakes and sets himself up to cover areas that are not covered by the defenders, if the defender then makes a mistake the keeper is out of position and more often than not struggles to cover. Last night mistakes were being made by all our defenders and that caused the problems, not a major failure by the keeper. If the midfield had done its job and prevented crosses coming in from the flanks the defence would not have been under pressure and making mistakes.

As you can see from the above, if a goal is scored against a side it is more than likely someone other than the keeper has made a mistake leading up to the shot or cross coming in. JJ is not going to be the best keeper in the country or he would be playing in the PL but he is the best we have and his record on one on one saves is probably one of the best in the division.

It is a difficult job he has and I have the greatest admiration for him as a man and a player for our club and hope that he continues to do a good job for us for the remainder of the season.

So Burtons second goal, a simple cross that sailed over his head was the defences fault was it, or their third where he pushed a powder puff shot that was straight at him back into the middle of goal and into the path of the scorer.

I do not hold him responsible for the first as it came from a defensive error by Johnson.

So Burtons second goal, a simple cross that sailed over his head was the defences fault was it, or their third where he pushed a powder puff shot that was straight at him back into the middle of goal and into the path of the scorer.

I do not hold him responsible for the first as it came from a defensive error by Johnson.

Surely though LMB, even accepting that he was partly at fault for letting the ball go over his head for their second, he was entitled to think that any of their players at the back post was going to have a marker alongside him.

I also think you're harsh in describing their third as a powderpuff shot in the lead up. We had plenty of opportunity to get rid of the ball......both before and afterwards.

We won so it doesn't matter. Bollocks to it. Kal Naismith got some ridiculous slagging off last season but he came good. Well his gawping manager saw sense and started playing him in position but that's another argument.
Just lay off and give the poor lad a chance. If he's fucked up well just imagine how shit he feels so he doesn't need the salt rubbing in.

Nearly all the squad is made up of of players who are on,
Loan, Free or Trainees.

You cannot expect these players to perform to Premier League Standard,
they are playing to their best ability to win games,
with everything stacked against them.

Due to being in Admin, it would not surprise me, if teams in the top of the The Vanarama National League have bigger budgets to spend on players than us, that's the reality we are in at present.

it's been a 'culture' shock to the Club and the Fans to be in this predicament.

This site is a forum for us Latics fans to express our views on what is going on at Club and on the playing side on match days.

We all have different opinions, that's what this forum is all about,
even Premier League Managers would find it a 'daunting' task to cope
with the problems we have at present, that's the fact we are a facing.

It's hard at times to watch this team making mistakes during matches and
comparing them to our teams of the 'Glory' years.

Until we get new owners and get rid of the Admins, there is nothing the
playing staff can do to strengthen the team, so they can only pick a team
with the players we have got.

Last edited: