Brewers droop | Page 8 | Vital Football

Brewers droop

Nearly all the squad is made up of of players who are on,
Loan, Free or Trainees.

You cannot expect these players to perform to Premier League Standard,
they are playing to their best ability to win games,
with everything stacked against them.

Due to being in Admin, it would not surprise me, if teams in the top of the The Vanarama National League have bigger budgets to spend on players than us, that's the reality we are in at present.

it's been a 'culture' shock to the Club and the Fans to be in this predicament.

This site is a forum for us Latics fans to express our views on what is going on at Club and on the playing side on match days.

We all have different opinions, that's what this forum is all about,
even Premier League Managers would find it a 'daunting' task to cope
with the problems we have at present, that's the fact we are a facing.

It's hard at times to watch this team making mistakes during matches and
comparing them to our teams of the 'Glory' years.

Until we get new owners and get rid of the Admins, there is nothing the
playing staff can do to strengthen the team, so they can only pick a team
with the players we have got.
It's a shock alright but many of us have experienced the downs as well as the ups and imo it's just part and parcel of supporting this great club. Winning the NPL was a joy, Non league cup runs were a joy. A joy in the same way as winning the big one. Some of our greatest memories and laughs came in lower and non league. We will love it in a different way once these admins are out and in a way with a steadier ship our younger fans can love our club the same as us owd grumpy moaning gets, once HMS Latics starts chugging up the cut to play havoc with the football establishment on full steam. Watch out all that have wronged us, we never forget.
HNY Latics family.

Last edited:
It's a shock alright but many of us have experienced the downs as well as the ups and imo it's just part and parcel of supporting this great club. Winning the NPL was a joy, Non league cup runs were a joy. A joy in the same way as winning the big one. Some of our greatest memories and laughs came in lower and non league. We will love it in a different way once these admins are out and in a way with a steadier ship our younger fans can love our club the same as us owd grumpy moaning gets, once HMS Latics starts chugging up the cut to play havoc with the football establishment on full steam. Watch out all that have wronged us, we never forget.
HNY Latics family.

You are right, I can still remember the thrill of running across the pitch at Haig Avenue (Southport) after winning the Lancashire Junior Cup in the early 70's.
At the time it was like winning the FA Cup, the feelings it raised in a small eight year old kid have lasted a life time.
There have been loads of these moments along this fabulous journey, from playing glamorous friendlies against Zambia, China, Kharkhov, Moscow Torpedo and Tulsa Roughnecks to getting in the league, the PL and winning the FA Cup, the good times have been too numerous to catologue here,
Hopefully a new chapter in this great story will start again soon and many more memories can be made of our fantastic club.
COYL.

So Burtons second goal, a simple cross that sailed over his head was the defences fault was it, or their third where he pushed a powder puff shot that was straight at him back into the middle of goal and into the path of the scorer.

I do not hold him responsible for the first as it came from a defensive error by Johnson.

Please read my post LMB, in it I say there is justifiable criticism for some aspects of his game and that is down to the standard of the league we are playing in. JJ is not and never will be a PL keeper, but is a decent keeper for this level. Simply criticising a player for the sake of it is counter productive and does not help our situation.

The two instances you quote show nothing more than a keeper caught out by a cross that deceived not only him but all the defenders and opposition forwards yet you are not critical of them. The player who crossed the ball had no intent on scoring but his miss hit cross found the net, Jones would not have set his starting position to cover a miss hit cross and so struggled to make a save.

Your second example happens to all keepers, even those in PL sides. A forward takes a snap shot or again miss hits the shot straight at the keeper, he has little time to respond and a reflex action takes over and pushes the ball out, if the defence is awake and aware they have the opportunity to clear if not the opposition score, which simply makes my point that if the keeper makes a mistake he is vilified if the defence do the same most people blame the keeper.

HNY Latics family.
I remember the NPL very well, going to South Shields, Great Harwood,
Winsford,Marine,Alty, Marine, ect.
Going to all the rounds in the FA Trophy and losing to Scarborough in the
Final at Wembley.

Playing in the Floodlit League playing against Bangor City ect,
Playing in the Lancashire Cup, Cheshire County League,
great memories and sadly some of my latics mates never lived to see us in
the Premier League or Winning the FA Cup.

You are right, I can still remember the thrill of running across the pitch at Haig Avenue (Southport) after winning the Lancashire Junior Cup in the early 70's.
At the time it was like winning the FA Cup, the feelings it raised in a small eight year old kid have lasted a life time.
There have been loads of these moments along this fabulous journey, from playing glamorous friendlies against Zambia, China, Kharkhov, Moscow Torpedo and Tulsa Roughnecks to getting in the league, the PL and winning the FA Cup, the good times have been too numerous to catologue here,
Hopefully a new chapter in this great story will start again soon and many more memories can be made of our fantastic club.
COYL.
Running onto the pitch after the match, to pat the players on the back
and the slutch was over your ankles and meeting the players in the
Latics Supporters Club.