Brewers droop | Vital Football

Brewers droop

Arthur_Itis

Vital Squad Member
Given the recent discussion on the Salop thread and the fact that it is snowing again as I type, I wonder what state the pitch will be in for this game.
Will the admins put a 50p in the "under soil heating" meter or is there a chance the game will get called off ?

There are no "must win" games yet, but it would be nice to get one again to keep us in touch with the teams higher up.

I have a mental image of the Burton team being moulded in the image of their manager, Jake Buxton, tough, solid, physical, no nonsense, workman like, but not all that skillful or easy on the eye.

I'll predict a nervy 2-2 battle full of mistakes in the mud.

Watch out for the early kick off time folks.

Good grief, that's the second time I've mixed up my venues in a fortnight. I'm cracking up. Get the stadia opened for spectators as soon as possible, even if it's just so I know where the bloody games are being played.

Loving the thread titles so you are excused.
This is a game we need to win, so I am going for a 1-2 away win.

Latics have made three changes from Saturday's 1-1 draw with Shrewsbury Town at the DW Stadium, as Olly Crankshaw, Kyle Joseph and Thelo Aasgaard all come into the starting XI to face Burton Albion at the Pirelli Stadium, with Dan Gardner and Alex Perry on the bench, whilst Kal Naismith misses out after his knock on Boxing Day.

Latics: J.Jones (Capt); James, Johnson, Tilt, Pearce, Merrie, Palmer, Crankshaw, Aasgaard, Joseph, Keane

Subs: O.Evans, Gardner, Perry, Smith, Obi, Jolley, Long

Kal Naismith is becoming a crock this season or he's just been unlucky. When his stubbornness finally played him in position last spring and summer it changed our season.