Bolton....interesting... | Page 30 | Vital Football

Bolton....interesting...

Think now bolton know they are going to get relegated so are just taking the p,,,,s out of the EFL so have the balls EFL And do them a extra 9 points for the Brentford farse and 12 points for next season

Bolton won the FA cup in the 50s against a Man U team decimated by the Munich air disaster and take constant great amounts of pride and pleasure in that (their last great) achievement. Ain't it funny how karma comes around and bites you on the arse. This is why their fans regard Man U as one of their major rivals. Deluded much!?!? They should just fulfill their fixtures, even with kids, and even if those kids lose 5-0 in every game. It's not like they can bring in anyone else to play for them, and those kids will have to play week in week out, so why postpone? It's ludicrous. The same arrangement should be afforded to Bury.

Bolton probably don’t care about any points deduction, they know they’re going down regardless so probably think fuck it, we’ll break the rules, take whatever points deduction they give us and start afresh in L2 next season.

From here on in, Bolton should be given a date to complete the takeover (say three weeks tops), until that deadline all their fixtures should be suspended with immediate effect with a view to being rescheduled should the take over be completed. But should Bolton not be fully taken over, deal done with all bells and whistles and proper proof provided with hard cash shown to the EFL by that date, they should be booted out the EFL. That’s what they’ve done with Bury, why not the same with Bolton? It absolutely stinks of prefrential treatment!

As for the punishment for failing to fulfill two fixtures now, personally I’d suspend the points deductions until next season. That will teach them a proper lesson. Plus a transfer embargo of at least a couple of years to ensure any farcical spending doesn’t happen.

Last edited:
They should get a further 9 point deduction for the unfulfilled Brentford fixture to add on to this season's tally.

Also a further 9 point deduction for every unfulfilled fixture this season, to be implemented next season. That'd be reasonable.

This situation has been years in the making and the chickens have just come home to roost. Was it Eddie Davies who was owed about 170 million by the club and Wanderers supporters in know used to say he loves the club and he'll write it off. I used to think if owt happened to him though his descendants might think fuck that I want my cash or at least some of it. They overspent for years and are now paying for it.

Nice gesture by Atherton. May be an introduction for them for next season. They have offered Bolton fans free entry for their match against Warrington tonight.

I up they get kicked out the league. Their fans are so deluded and look to blame anybody and everybody but their own club.

ELF have now got egg on there faces and have not a clue what to do about it its all about Bolton nothing about Bury League one now this season is now a joke just think if Sunderland miss out on going up on goal dif to a team that give bolton a thrashing in the next few weeks

ELF have now got egg on there faces and have not a clue what to do about it its all about Bolton nothing about Bury League one now this season is now a joke just think if Sunderland miss out on going up on goal dif to a team that give bolton a thrashing in the next few weeks
Or Tranmere stay up on goal difference. Thing is they shouldn't have even been allowed to start the season untill they had a preferred squad.
By clutching at straws and playing the youngsters they are saying this is the squad but then cancelling games over safety concerns for the same squad is just ridiculous.
Two seasons running they've opted out of playing a fixture.

Thing is as some are saying on the Bolton sites EFL would not let them play the kids against Brentford Not sure how much truth is in that

This situation has been years in the making and the chickens have just come home to roost. Was it Eddie Davies who was owed about 170 million by the club and Wanderers supporters in know used to say he loves the club and he'll write it off. I used to think if owt happened to him though his descendants might think fuck that I want my cash or at least some of it. They overspent for years and are now paying for it.

I was saying that this morning to some Bolton fan but they weren't having it - its all the EFL & Anderson's fault
The thing is, Davies did write that amount off in order to save the club & allow someone stupid enough to be able to buy it (in this case Anderson) coz no-one was going to pay an amount for them that meant they had to pay a minimum of £170m just to pay him back. If Davies hadn't written that off the club would have folded back then
The problem isn't so much that Davies did or didn't write the £170m off (he then lent them more - £5m I think - that he refused to write off just before he died) it was the fact that they became so reliant on his money & he was so willing to give it that it was almost like they were operating without any kind of financial. Therefore even if he'd always said that he would write it off (they seemed to think he had whilst he wanted it back until relenting at the last minute to get the sale through) they simply weren't thinking of the consequences of making financial commitments based on Davies's money always being there. As soon as that went, they could not afford things they'd committed to spend

Anyone who bought it back then must have had a screw loose as it was obvious they were going to have to have a fire sale just to get things back on an even keel (hence them selling their training ground, bits of their car parks etc..) & getting to that even keel invariably meant the playing squad quality was going to deteriorate.

They were warned - some Bolton fans I know were worried but the majority bought Gartside's "its not really debt coz its all owed to one man & he doesn't want it back so we're fine" that I heard him say on Talksport when the presenter tried to warn him after they'd just announced a debt of £92m and that was years ago

I don't think that there's any doubt that Anderson's made a bad situation worse but the situation was already dire when he bought them & I didn't hear many Bolton fans complaining when they were building up that debt to qualify for & compete in Europe

Thing is as some are saying on the Bolton sites EFL would not let them play the kids against Brentford Not sure how much truth is in that

I do seem to remember that being said at the time but its not purely because they were 16-18 yr olds but more to the fact that they weren't registered 1st team players at that point so couldn't at that point (either coz it was past the date for registering players or coz it then effects the integrity of the competition). Its now a new season & they have been registered as 1st team players so I guess for the EFL its different circumstances

Whilst I sympathise with the young lads you just cant call a league match off because they aren't physically up to it. They should put any 11 on the pitch including the tea lady to fulfil the fixture. This is getting farcical now.

Against Tranmere, six of the starting line up were 20 and older, they just didnt want to get another potential thrashing.

bassini turned up at bolton tonight with a megaphone talking shit to about 50 fans outside the ground as some balls that mon

Phil Parkinson and assistant have just resigned, surely the EFL must do something about this situation now. No manager, No players, No money.