Bolton....interesting... | Page 29 | Vital Football

Bolton....interesting...

That's why boltons sale is dragging on. FV are preferred bidders for the club but I don't think there's a preferred bidder for the hotel. Also I think there's different administrators for the club and hotel.
FV need the hotel to help finance the running of the club so if someone else buys the hotel then the shiit will really hit the fan.
I think if that happens then FV will pull out. Leaving the situation back at square 1.
Square 1 should have been and should be liquidation no question.
With friends in high EFL places you just know they will sneak out fm under and escape paying dues. On the other hand Bury will not be offered the same treatment.
It's more that Bolton is wrong here both clubs should have gone already

Tomorrows game called off!Lets see what the EFL do now!Apparently Bolton have not even informed Doncaster! You cannot make this up!!

Apparently they've postponed the game for medical reasons. Could any club postpone games now because players are tired and have midweek games or a weakened squad through suspension or injuries. Remember it is the clubs doing that the squad is so poor or inexperienced. So they wait on a month or so untill the squad is stronger and then play. This is all wrong week in week out. Time for liquidation now and let the supporters reform a new club at the bottom of the pyramid.

That’s ridiculous. Some Doncaster fans will have booked time off work and possibly arranged to stay over. The way the EFL have handled it has been a joke. If they can’t fulfill their fixtures then they shouldn’t have been allowed to start the season.

Why don’t we contact the EFL and ask if we can call tomorrow’s game off because we’ve got a few injuries and the players are tired after the Leeds game. I’m pretty sure what the response would be.

Efl have told them they can call the game off

Not according to Doncaster, from their club site..

'Doncaster Rovers chief executive Gavin Baldwin has spoken following Bolton Wanderers’ announcement that they have postponed Tuesday’s Sky Bet League One fixture.

He said: “Bolton Wanderers have postponed this game without the agreement of Rovers or the EFL, and we were surprised to learn of the news via Bolton’s social media.

“We have a lot of sympathy for Bolton’s plight, but we’ve prepared for this game as normal and fully expected it to go ahead. We will work with the EFL to understand this situation and keep supporters as informed as we can when we are able to say more.”

Efl have told them they can call the game off
That isn't true, Doncaster have announced the neither they or the EFL where informed of the postponement and both only found out via Bolton social media! Big stink over this now!!

That isn't true, Doncaster have announced the neither they or the EFL where informed of the postponement and both only found out via Bolton social media! Big stink over this now!!
it says that now but it didnt on something i read before didnt want to mislead any one

12 points deduction like Bury and another 12 from last season at the least really. Are they playing Saturday after they've had a nice mid week break?

The EFL have well and truly lost control of the situation. They bought everything that Bolton fed them and now it’s coming back to haunt them.

Whilst I sympathise with the young lads you just cant call a league match off because they aren't physically up to it. They should put any 11 on the pitch including the tea lady to fulfil the fixture. This is getting farcical now.

The EFL understands the challenging position the Club currently finds itself in whilst negotiations continue over its purchase. However, it would have expected the Club to have first interfaced with the EFL, giving it an opportunity to consider the application to postpone, and consulted with the Club’s opposition, Doncaster Rovers before making a public announcement.

If they don't get booted out now they never will.
Dangerous precedents being set all over.
The only solution is to boot both Bolton and Bury out and expunge Boltons results otherwise, with 3 games played the challenges all over league1 at the end of the season will be unmanageable

I understand Parkinson and the medical staff stated they wouldn’t/couldn’t field a team. As much as I dislike bowton it seems they did so because of their concerns over the kids they were being forced to play, so fair play to them for that. I gather the efl weren’t interested in these concerns the other day so probably decided to take them out of equation. Disgusting from the efl forcing young kids to compete against adults in a professional sport and having no regard for their welfare.

It doesn’t excuse the clubs lack of courtesy and respect in informing their opposition however. Despite it being for the right reasons clubs can’t just decide to cancel fixtures, it is plainly wrong, any punishment must be severe. However the efl have effectively dug their own hole and affected the integrity of the competition. They were naive in believing the pr spin about a deal being close and the funding arrangements to see out the season which was based on loans from the pfa and being able to buy another business and shouldn’t have let them start it. The lack of leadership on show from them is negligible. How they sort this mess now and maintain the competitions integrity will be difficult. Per my suggestion weeks ago they should suspend the membership of both bowton and bury for the season in the hope it gives them time to sort themselves out. The 3 fixtures played would be expunged. I doubt they will they though, they’ll just grab their ankles again and make an even bigger mess of the situation.

The expulsion of both Bolton and Bury will hit every club in league one financially. It's the revenue of 4 league games, gone, just like that. With all of the clubs in league one on very tight margins with budgets and spending I fear this could have a domino effect. This should have been sorted before the fixtures even came out and provisions made to replace the clubs from lower divisions. This is the reason I consider every effort is being made by the EFL to help them to carry on (Bolton more than Bury). The EFL know full well they've fucked up with this and I don't envision there'll ever be a repeat.

I hope both clubs are allowed to play out their fixtures this season, but get penalised with huge points deductions. Effectively relegating them this season and next.

The postponement of Bolton's match v Doncaster is ludicrous. There are 43 matches to go and only 39 weeks to fulfill their fixtures discounting FA cup fixtures and international breaks. Are they saying their players can only fulfill one game a week because of their age?

I understand Parkinson and the medical staff stated they wouldn’t/couldn’t field a team. As much as I dislike bowton it seems they did so because of their concerns over the kids they were being forced to play, so fair play to them for that. I gather the efl weren’t interested in these concerns the other day so probably decided to take them out of equation. Disgusting from the efl forcing young kids to compete against adults in a professional sport and having no regard for their welfare.

It doesn’t excuse the clubs lack of courtesy and respect in informing their opposition however. Despite it being for the right reasons clubs can’t just decide to cancel fixtures, it is plainly wrong, any punishment must be severe. However the efl have effectively dug their own hole and affected the integrity of the competition. They were naive in believing the pr spin about a deal being close and the funding arrangements to see out the season which was based on loans from the pfa and being able to buy another business and shouldn’t have let them start it. The lack of leadership on show from them is negligible. How they sort this mess now and maintain the competitions integrity will be difficult. Per my suggestion weeks ago they should suspend the membership of both bowton and bury for the season in the hope it gives them time to sort themselves out. The 3 fixtures played would be expunged. I doubt they will they though, they’ll just grab their ankles again and make an even bigger mess of the situation.
Thing is they can not whine at the EFL about the state of their squad. The state of the squad is only down to the actions of BWFC. BWFC are fortunate enough to have any sort of squad playing in the league down to the EFL giving them such leeway. However the time as come for the club to be liquidated and if not thrown from the league. That would give their supporters ample time to turn them into a fan based club and start from the bottom of the pyramid next season. That is the fairest thing all round. All assets could then be sold to pay off creditors etc. The Unibol stadium could then be a multi use stadium for concerts, events and rugby/ non league finals etc.
Dont know where The new Wanderers would go, maybe ground share with another non league club.

They didn’t offer refunds for the Brentford game - but they are for this one. They just need to ring a premium rate number! Talk about taking the piss out of supporters.