Bolton....interesting... | Page 32 | Vital Football

Bolton....interesting...

Lincoln's manager Danny Cowley was saying on Sky Tuesday night that even though he has sympathy for bolton and Burys problems he feels boltons actions are now affecting the EFLs integrity.
Lincoln play Doncaster on Saturday who have had a full weeks rest but his players have not. He says Lincoln only have an 18 man 1st team squad with 2 or 3 long term injuries. If his players are tired on Friday or pick up any more injuries will he be able to postpone any games?
The thing now is other div 1 managers are starting to complain and are realising the effects boltons actions could have later on in the season.
Exactly.

I don't accept that Cook is rigid in his style of play. He played with 3 centre halves from the start on Tuesday, which is different to our other games, and if I remember rightly we switched from 2 centre halves to 3 mid game against Cardiff.
I don't know what he is. Consistently poor possibly with just 8 wins since we faced Bristol City last September. Consistently negative too with 39 goals over that period too.

One tries one's best Zakky.
?

TB, I have doubts, just like you. But also just like you, I'm not willing to write him off after 3 losses (Stoke doesn't count), 2 of which were away, and the other was against the title favourites, and we played em with ten men for most of the fame.

I fully acknowledge that folk will point to last season, and highlight the awful away form. They may even say that some of our home performances weren't great, regardless of points acquired, but that's football. How many times did folk cry under Bob that lovely passing counts for nowt, points in the bag is all that matters.

Yes, Cook still has stuff to prove. Yes, he may well have limited time. Yes, I can see that if we lose to both QPR and Barnsley, there'd be a strong case for letting him go.

Unlike some though, I'm not cheering for that to happen.

Rather than cheering I would be disappointed to see PC sacked. I do believe that there is a decent manager in there. I am concerned that he seems to want to persist with a single style of play that at present is clearly not working. If you keep banging your head against a wall you may eventually break it down but it is more likely you will harm yourself first. My concern is that he seems hell bent on proving that his system works at the detriment of results and the clubs future. I certainly do not want to see him removed but I do think those above and around him with more experience need to advise him that those results matter and that changing the system to suit the situation is not an admission of failure.

I don't accept that Cook is rigid in his style of play. He played with 3 centre halves from the start on Tuesday, which is different to our other games, and if I remember rightly we switched from 2 centre halves to 3 mid game against Cardiff.

I accept your point Coddenchips, however how many times has this happened?

Not many I would wager.

It is obvious to see that his preference is to play the 4-2-3-1 system, but it is not working and to some he seems not to have a plan "B". He needs results to go in his favour or he will be sacked and I fear that he is so set in his ways that he will not realise this and continue on his relentless pursuit of proving his system works resulting in either his sacking or the clubs relegation. I hope he pulls back from the precipice and turns the results around as patience will run out from those above if not.

Well we have plenty to moan about but thank goodness we aren't yet in the mess Horwich are. Their supporters must be going through hell whilst the lawyers and accounts argue in Duffy corners counting their money.
Not yet been punished for not completing a game now on two occasions and given an ultimatum by the EFL to get the takeover completed by 5pm on Tuesday or face expulsion. We all know they won't get clod out then as they are the EFLs little sweethearts and they'll give them more time but my God for the fans it must be hell on earth.

I feel sorry for the academy players that are turning up and losing comprehensively every week. It can't be doing their confidence a lot of good; most of them are only about my age or in a few cases even younger. The fans may also be on their case. I genuinely hope that the experience doesn't end some of their careers before they've even really begun. It's all such a mess at the moment.

I feel sorry for the academy players that are turning up and losing comprehensively every week. It can't be doing their confidence a lot of good; most of them are only about my age or in a few cases even younger. The fans may also be on their case. I genuinely hope that the experience doesn't end some of their careers before they've even really begun. It's all such a mess at the moment.

Our lot looked like the academy team playing QPR yesterday bro.

Just a wake up call for them to g them up nothing will happen. Talk of not giving them points fines now
I agree. Can’t help but think they’ll somehow come out if it ok and start next season in league 2 with one of the leagues biggest budgets. We’ll probably be in the same league as each other again in a couple of years.

Just a wake up call for them to g them up nothing will happen. Talk of not giving them points fines now
Well that's disgusting after Bury got whacked a 12 point penalty straight away. The Horwich lot have cheated, lied and deceived and have got away with zilch points deduction and failed to play fixtures twice. To me that should be another 24 ponts deduction and if the EFL could stop licking Horwich FCs arse it should be suspended untill next season. Actually they should have been clod out of the league before the season started.
When are the unscrupulous gets going to pay the taxes they were dragged into court for last April.

Well that's disgusting after Bury got whacked a 12 point penalty straight away. The Horwich lot have cheated, lied and deceived and have got away with zilch points deduction and failed to play fixtures twice. To me that should be another 24 ponts deduction and if the EFL could stop licking Horwich FCs arse it should be suspended untill next season. Actually they should have been clod out of the league before the season started.
When are the unscrupulous gets going to pay the taxes they were dragged into court for last April.

Bury's 12 point penalty is for entering administration. Bolton also have a 12 point penalty for the same thing so I'm not quite sure why you think they have got away with zilch points deduction

Neither team is yet to receive any punishment for failing to fulfil a fixture either last season as in Bolton's case or this season as in both their cases

Bury's 12 point penalty is for entering administration. Bolton also have a 12 point penalty for the same thing so I'm not quite sure why you think they have got away with zilch points deduction

Neither team is yet to receive any punishment for failing to fulfil a fixture either last season as in Bolton's case or this season as in both their cases
Sorry I thought Bury had lost the points for not playing a fixture.

Not quite sure how league 1 is going to descend into anything but chaos come end of the season
Bolton getting gubbed playing kids benefitting some clubs GD
Bury & Bolton not playing games - should be a std points deduction for each fixture
Teams who have been fresh due to having games called off then beating teams who played midweek.
It's a slow motion car crash with legals all over to follow if any individual issue within the wider situation affects promotion, play offs or relegation.
Even if both get kicked out with records expunged the teams who have played Bolton already could have a case based on their additional exertions in additional game played.

Not quite sure how league 1 is going to descend into anything but chaos come end of the season
Bolton getting gubbed playing kids benefitting some clubs GD
Bury & Bolton not playing games - should be a std points deduction for each fixture
Teams who have been fresh due to having games called off then beating teams who played midweek.
It's a slow motion car crash with legals all over to follow if any individual issue within the wider situation affects promotion, play offs or relegation.
Even if both get kicked out with records expunged the teams who have played Bolton already could have a case based on their additional exertions in additional game played.

Exactly! Ive been saying all this for weeks. The knock on effect from their fun and games is potentially massive. Ive never ever wanted a club to fold...but I actually do with Bolton, now.
Theyve had more last chances than Nick Cotton, and it takes the piss when their fans are bleeting about getting more help.

Mind you, even most of them have had enough now and are welcoming this EFL deadline...which will probably get extended due to another snag..

Exactly! Ive been saying all this for weeks. The knock on effect from their fun and games is potentially massive. Ive never ever wanted a club to fold...but I actually do with Bolton, now.
Theyve had more last chances than Nick Cotton, and it takes the piss when their fans are bleeting about getting more help.

Mind you, even most of them have had enough now and are welcoming this EFL deadline...which will probably get extended due to another snag..

How are you doing yourself, Tav? I seem to remember your saying that you worked at Bolton. It can't have been easy for you, what with all that's gone on in the past couple of years at the club.