Bloody Joke! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bloody Joke!

Michael Foley - 30/10/2015 00:38

SIMJON - 29/10/2015 20:13

Michael Foley - 29/10/2015 19:00

implausible - 29/10/2015 18:49

oldgaurd - 29/10/2015 18:42

Michael Foley - 29/10/2015 18:29

At this rate we'll soon be able to afford paying a Manager!
:zzz: :zzz:

Yes the one we have got is making such a pigs ear of it he needs to go now !!! :he he:

I wasn't aware I had excluded the current one. Or is he expected to do the job for nothing for ever and a day?

You're warming to him then?

No. Once it's salaried the post can be advertised and he can apply with his impressive managerial CV along with other candidates. Since he's already in pole position (having neatly engineered that) I don't see what he would have to fear.

That is really, honestly, what you would do if you were in charge of the club right now? Advertise the managers job for new applicants?

Michael, you cannot be serious about a proposal to advertise the manager's job, should it become a salaried position? Your judgement is being clouded by your perception of how Chris got the job. In truth, the choice was a logical one (for once) as the board/club knew exactly what they were getting.

Stevie_imp - 30/10/2015 06:28

Yes the one we have got is making such a pigs ear of it he needs to go now !!! :he he:

I wasn't aware I had excluded the current one. Or is he expected to do the job for nothing for ever and a day?

No. Once it's salaried the post can be advertised and he can apply with his impressive managerial CV along with other candidates. Since he's already in pole position (having neatly engineered that) I don't see what he would have to fear.

Shows a complete absence of emotional intelligence. The last thing I'd want to see now is the current manager destabilised by advertising his job and the team becoming unsettled from the uncertainty going forwards. The suggestion shows a vacuum of people management ability. The reassuring thing is it's not going to happen this season.

Intelligence is not emotional. I suppose the current incumbent didn't destabilise his predecessors in any way, shape or form. Doubtless backed them to the hilt.

RussC - 30/10/2015 09:45

Michael, you cannot be serious about a proposal to advertise the manager's job, should it become a salaried position? Your judgement is being clouded by your perception of how Chris got the job. In truth, the choice was a logical one (for once) as the board/club knew exactly what they were getting.

Russ, I want this Club to be run on a professional basis. That means (inter alia):

1. A properly appointed and correctly remunerated Manager who can be judged on performance criteria as any other Manager would be.

2. A properly appointed and correctly remunerated CEO or Managing Director. For 18 months now, we've had an "acting" Managing Director. So, is he or isn't he? Is this position remunerated or not? I have asked the question several times and never received an answer.

I don't know about you, but I'm fed up of this Club being run on Mickey Mouse lines. We're either a Professional business or we're not and if we can't afford to be a Professional football club, then it's time to stop the pretence.

As far as Moyses is concerned, if he's considered to be doing a good job, then pay him a salary. How many other Clubs in the National League or Football League are managed by a former (is he?) Director on an unsalaried basis? I suppose all the others are wrong.

I can see where you are coming from Michael, but I think we should leave the manager's debate for another time seeing as things are going so well on the pitch. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The Imposter - 31/10/2015 09:18

I can see where you are coming from Michael, but I think we should leave the manager's debate for another time seeing as things are going so well on the pitch. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Exactly my thoughts too. Well said that man!

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 01:08

Stevie_imp - 30/10/2015 06:28

Shows a complete absence of emotional intelligence. The last thing I'd want to see now is the current manager destabilised by advertising his job and the team becoming unsettled from the uncertainty going forwards. The suggestion shows a vacuum of people management ability. The reassuring thing is it's not going to happen this season.

Intelligence is not emotional. I suppose the current incumbent didn't destabilise his predecessors in any way, shape or form. Doubtless backed them to the hilt.

Come on Michael get into this Century's management skills. Test your emotional intelligence here

http://www.ihhp.com/free-eq-quiz/

I'd love to see how you rate.

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 01:19

Russ, I want this Club to be run on a professional basis. That means (inter alia):

1. A properly appointed and correctly remunerated Manager who can be judged on performance criteria as any other Manager would be.

2. A properly appointed and correctly remunerated CEO or Managing Director. For 18 months now, we've had an "acting" Managing Director. So, is he or isn't he? Is this position remunerated or not? I have asked the question several times and never received an answer.
Well if you have desires on running the club which you obviously do. Maybe you could go about it in a professional manner instead of spouting you bitter hateful opinions on a web page. How you can even be considered for a place on the trust is beyond me. Stop acting like a tool and get behind the club!
I don't know about you, but I'm fed up of this Club being run on Mickey Mouse lines. We're either a Professional business or we're not and if we can't afford to be a Professional football club, then it's time to stop the pretence.

As far as Moyses is concerned, if he's considered to be doing a good job, then pay him a salary. How many other Clubs in the National League or Football League are managed by a former (is he?) Director on an unsalaried basis? I suppose all the others are wrong.

It's nice to see some people aren't money orientated. Chris is doing a great job built a good team spirit and is obviously happy to do it for free as he loves the club. As a potential future trust director maybe you should keep your bitter opinions from the forums as quite frankly you are losing credibility and making yourself look a fool.

RussC - 29/10/2015 10:45

Very clouded ,it' like that viewpoint s firmly entrenched in the past.
Where we are now bears no resemblance to that past time frame.

I've seen this 'he engineered his position' argument a few time, always in a pejorative sense, but if any of us believed we were willing and able to do a better job,.for free, than the previous employees in a business/organisation we were involved in we'd all do the same thing. It's called stepping up to the plate.

:thumb:

SIMJON - 31/10/2015 10:53

I've seen this 'he engineered his position' argument a few time, always in a pejorative sense, but if any of us believed we were willing and able to do a better job,.for free, than the previous employees in a business/organisation we were involved in we'd all do the same thing. It's called stepping up to the plate.

:clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 01:19

Re Moyses: Are you saying you think he's doing a good job, and should be getting paid, or are you saying he's doing a bad job and we should looking to bring in a more 'conventional' salaried manager?

In a theoretical sense though, is there a moral and fundamental difference between "stepping up to the plate" and deliberately de-stabilising and thus clearing the plate to make room for yourself in the first place?

Stepping up to the plate is what I've done with the Trust.

Paul Dawson - 31/10/2015 11:35

The stark reality, as Russ knows very well I'm sure, is that they had no choice. They couldn't afford to pay Simpson off AND afford a new Manager. Dorrian admitted as much (one of his rare moments of candour). So Moyses obtained what he had been angling for all along. Nothing to do with them all making an astute judgment call.

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 15:23

Paul Dawson - 31/10/2015 11:35

The stark reality, as Russ knows very well I'm sure, is that they had no choice. They couldn't afford to pay Simpson off AND afford a new Manager. Dorrian admitted as much (one of his rare moments of candour). So Moyses obtained what he had been angling for all along. Nothing to do with them all making an astute judgment call.

Not doing bad for a unpaid inexperienced manager hey? Dry your eyes Michael :gent: