Bloody Joke! | Page 4 | Vital Football

Bloody Joke!

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 16:50

Losing at home to part-time Bromley. And some people call it progress. Mr. Dawson's eyes must be quite moist.

You are so fecking predictable :pointy:

And Im sure you could have guaranteed that win with a manager taking 50k a year?

You're a very sad lonely bitter little man and nobody likes you.

Paul Dawson - 31/10/2015 16:52

Losing at home to part-time Bromley. And some people call it progress. Mr. Dawson's eyes must be quite moist.

You are so fecking predictable :pointy:

And Im sure you could have guaranteed that win with a manager taking 50k a year?

You're a very sad lonely bitter little man and nobody likes you.

You should know all about nobodies.

100% agree with Paul on this.
He went to far a year ago time for a drink
:glug:

PieslayingImp - 31/10/2015 14:33

SIMJON - 31/10/2015 10:53

Michael Foley - 30/10/2015 00:38

SIMJON - 29/10/2015 20:13

Michael Foley - 29/10/2015 19:00

implausible - 29/10/2015 18:49

oldgaurd - 29/10/2015 18:42

Michael Foley - 29/10/2015 18:29

At this rate we'll soon be able to afford paying a Manager!
:zzz: :zzz:

Yes the one we have got is making such a pigs ear of it he needs to go now !!! :he he:

I wasn't aware I had excluded the current one. Or is he expected to do the job for nothing for ever and a day?

You're warming to him then?

No. Once it's salaried the post can be advertised and he can apply with his impressive managerial CV along with other candidates. Since he's already in pole position (having neatly engineered that) I don't see what he would have to fear.

I've seen this 'he engineered his position' argument a few time, always in a pejorative sense, but if any of us believed we were willing and able to do a better job,.for free, than the previous employees in a business/organisation we were involved in we'd all do the same thing. It's called stepping up to the plate.

In a theoretical sense though, is there a moral and fundamental difference between "stepping up to the plate" and deliberately de-stabilising and thus clearing the plate to make room for yourself in the first place?

I guess it depends on the specifics of 'deliberately destabilising'. I'm not party to any of that, is is common knowledge? What is alledged to have been done?

Part time Bromley are 4th or 5th in the table, Not a bad effort 18 or 19 teams below them,Just saying

Michael,

Whilst I agree with much of what you say, I cannot agree with this "part time" comment.

We are a none league football team/club, playing in a league where part time teams are common place.

Being part time certainly does not make the players any less capable or have any less ability. There are plenty of extremely good part time footballers, that for financial reasons choose not to take up football as a full time career. Players that are more than suited to our level of football, but that have good jobs and pension arrangements in excess financially to what a job in a National League football club can provide them.

Not to mention some great seasoned pro's who choose to go part time in order to prolong their playing career.

Often the only difference on a matchday between a full time club and a part time club will be fitness over 90 minutes. But even then that is not a given, since a committed part time footballer will make sure he works on his fitness in addition to the training sessions he does with his club.

Let's not forget either, that there have been many instances of superb part time footballers that have gone on to become super full time professionals. The likes of Ian Wright and Co. Or if you like, Jamie Vardy who is currently one of the best marksmen in the Premier League.

I'm still genuinely interested in how Moyses 'deliberately destabilised' the previous manager (s)?

SIMJON - 1/11/2015 11:06

I'm still genuinely interested in how Moyses 'deliberately destabilised' the previous manager (s)?

The previous two managers hardly needed anyone to destabilise think they did that themselves.