Bloody Joke! | Vital Football

Bloody Joke!

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"No news on @LincolnCity_FC FA Cup tie, but because Brighton and Crawley have home games it is looking like being on the 8th of November."

Still showing on the BBC as Saturday the 7th. Not that, that means much. Putting such a long away game on a Sunday will drop the gate significantly so I imagine Whitehawk aren't too chuffed either.

Stevie_imp - 28/10/2015 17:02

Still showing on the BBC as Saturday the 7th. Not that, that means much. Putting such a long away game on a Sunday will drop the gate significantly so I imagine Whitehawk aren't too chuffed either.

According to local paper Whitehawk are requesting fixture.

DEEPING IMP - 28/10/2015 17:07

Stevie_imp - 28/10/2015 17:02

According to local paper Whitehawk are requesting fixture. On the Sunday

Just had a nosey at there fans forum which turns out to be a Facebook page (being the most) up to date and it looks like they have there an inordinate amount of divs following them..

I can't see what relevance the Crawley and Brighton games have to this on any grounds whatsoever. They should be grateful they drew the mighty Imps instead of some tinpot outfit with a minibus. Hope the F.A tell them to sod off.
Changing the time from 3.00pm on a Saturday does as much to devalue the F.A. cup as anything.

SalfordImp - 28/10/2015 18:26

Just had a nosey at there fans forum which turns out to be a Facebook page (being the most) up to date and it looks like they have there an inordinate amount of divs following them..

If 'Football is for everyone' as The Whitehawk supporters claim then the game should be played on Saturday in order that 'everyone ' can attend. How many Imps on a Saturday ? 250 ? How many for a Sunday ? Hypocrites Just another Sugar Daddy, wet dream fantasy team . I'm going off this lot quite quickly

If it's changed I won't be going. Was planning on going on the Train, but it doesn't look like it's going to be on the Saturday.

Ridiculous.

Bucksimp - 28/10/2015 18:51

I can't see what relevance the Crawley and Brighton games have to this on any grounds whatsoever. They should be grateful they drew the mighty Imps instead of some tinpot outfit with a minibus. Hope the F.A tell them to sod off.
Changing the time from 3.00pm on a Saturday does as much to devalue the F.A. cup as anything.

Well said, fully agree. :thumb:

impsimps - 28/10/2015 19:05

If they dont want to play it at home on the Saturday then move it to Sincil Bank. Simple !

Not sure that's allowed any longer. I would have thought, however, that we would have some say in any decision to change the day of the match.

I hope we can object as it stuffs our fans. Long trip even by train. Newark down to Kings Cross. Vic tube line round to Victoria. Victoria down to Brighton. Then it looks like a taxi. For me it would be Westbury to Reading, then change down to Brighton. Probably easier to drive for me. If it is Sunday i'm on here.

Are they looking at a Sunday game to attract more home fans. The Brighton fans might attend Whitehawks game if Brighton are away or don't have a game. I want the game on the Saturday.

I'm hoping it's live on the telly. Well, I was hoping that but as we now know that isn't going to happen, all I can say is, B0££ocks!

Apparently Aldershot's game has also been moved to Sunday so our game against them, scheduled for the Tuesday, should be moved.

It all sounds a total farce!
Why have it on a Friday instead?
Lincoln United often play at home on Saturdays when we're at home, they don't mind and they get similar size crowds to $hitehawk!

Does anybody know if there is any substance to the suggestion of a date change please?

Steve O'Dare - 29/10/2015 08:53

Does anybody know if there is any substance to the suggestion of a date change please?

My post is based on something I was told after the Tranmere game in the Bar and the Tweet that I have quoted.