Bit of Brexit info required. | Page 49 | Vital Football

Bit of Brexit info required.

Feco you keep on talking about this issue...but id like to see your exact authority. I think you are wrong.

Without going through all the various legislation pieces, this guy gives a brief synopsis of the issue.
It is essentially what the ‘Backstop’ discussion is all about.
This can be overcome, the UK has to alter the legislation it’s just written.
Right now, we cannot adopt WTO rules.

Looks like Labour's position is going to change imminently. Watson and Corbyn both making the right noises (that they will follow the party's decision) and polling showing a 9:1 majority in favour of a new vote on the final deal.
9 to 1!

It is not a betrayal of the will of the people because the question would be put to the same people.

We offered them a partnership like no other...they should be grateful but if they don’t need us then wto it is

No. We asked for special treatment. We want the benefits of being in a club but we don't want to abide by the rules.

Outside of fantasy land the 26 others with their large and well single market will manage without us if we allow it.

Thank goodness Labour look ready to move on it. November general election looks good to me.

Without going through all the various legislation pieces, this guy gives a brief synopsis of the issue.

They don't accept that tho. Good! It only helps our case imo. The rock and hard place they have made for themselves are coming together.

Looks like Labour's position is going to change imminently. Watson and Corbyn both making the right noises (that they will follow the party's decision) and polling showing a 9:1 majority in favour of a new vote on the final deal.
9 to 1!

It is not a betrayal of the will of the people because the question would be put to the same people.

It's not a done deal but looking more and more hopeful!

Thank goodness Labour look ready to move on it. November general election looks good to me.
I know they want that but I think it would be a poisoned chalice unless the People's Vote is in their election manifesto. Otherwise they just pick up the reins where the conservatives are now. But they're attached to a dead horse so they won't be riding anywhere.

9 to 1!

:shake:

Utterly shameful

No. We asked for special treatment. We want the benefits of being in a club but we don't want to abide by the rules.

Outside of fantasy land the 26 others with their large and well single market will manage without us if we allow it.

No chance will labour win as UKIP and Conservatives swing behind the tories...at the last election Corbyn was still for exiting....that's why Labour brexiteers voted for him...not this time

Very interesting thank you...if you look at the section 10 2b it differentiates between checks that were happening before and after the date of the act. It also says nothing creates border arrangements in that act-it is possible further legislation might be required if what they are suggesting in terms of checks is different to what there is now...that is my reading. But I might be wrong

Very interesting thank you...if you look at the section 10 2b it differentiates between checks that were happening before and after the date of the act. It also says nothing creates border arrangements in that act-it is possible further legislation might be required if what they are suggesting in terms of checks is different to what there is now...that is my reading. But I might be wrong

Essentially I think you are correct. The only problem then is further legislation on border checks is likely to contradict the Good Friday Agreement.
I believe that as it’s an agreement and not an act, then legally that would not be an issue, but there are two problems in doing so, the political fallout it would cause.....and the DUP.

The other part of the act recently passed, and I forget which section it is, but that prevents the UK having a Customs Union with the EU.
So with both of these acts in place, the UK cannot fall back onto WTO rules.

Obviously as it’s UK legislation it can be repealed and replaced, but it needs to be done sharpish to make March 30th
The easiest way would be the Customs Union, which I guess is a political no go for the Tories.
The alternative of a border check is a no go for everyone else.

I really don’t know how they get around this one

No chance will labour win as UKIP and Conservatives swing behind the tories...at the last election Corbyn was still for exiting....that's why Labour brexiteers voted for him...not this time

If Labour commit to a people's vote as policy then I think Tories will lose. Ukip r finished as a serious political force, except to drain Tory support.

Essentially I think you are correct. The only problem then is further legislation on border checks is likely to contradict the Good Friday Agreement.
I believe that as it’s an agreement and not an act, then legally that would not be an issue, but there are two problems in doing so, the political fallout it would cause.....and the DUP.

The other part of the act recently passed, and I forget which section it is, but that prevents the UK having a Customs Union with the EU.

Obviously as it’s UK legislation it can be repealed and replaced, but it needs to be done sharpish to make March 30th
The easiest way would be the Customs Union, which I guess is a political no go for the Tories.

They don't, they get smashed by rock and hard place. Again, good, they've earned it.

Even trying to

Even attempting to change either would be the end of May. She can only choose which side of her party she would prefer to be knifed by at this stage.