Aston Villa v Sheff Utd Match Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Sheff Utd Match Thread

The excitement has caused uncontrollable shaking of my thumb! Haha I'm genuinely very excited about tomorrow now! Never thought I'd be so happy at the chance of seeing Neill Taylor run across my TV screen wearing claret and blue.
If your prediction is correct I will be on here Wednesday night lauding you as the best pundit on these pages mate.
Sincerely hope too be eating humble pie Idgavfc.

Sheffield are basically a Burnley on a good run. And we beat Burnley away. If we click then we can beat them no problem. In Samatta we have a quick striker in the Vardy mold; we can and should score goals.

I said over the weekend I had a gut feeling we will win this. I do have one nagging doubt; the manager.

Living up North they have been featuring Sheffield United on our local news. They are in doubt up for this and are aiming for that CL spot.

With the expected return of a heavily caveated Premier League football fixture for Aston Villa on Wednesday evening as we welcome Chris Wilder's Sheffield United to an empty Villa Park, our eyes are obviously on survival and making that game in hand count so we lift ourselves back out of the relegation zone - one big boost in our favour is the return to fitness of midfielder John McGinn.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...er-will-be-on-smiths-back-ahead-of-wednesday/

I think we will win comfortably. Break came at the wrong time for Sheffield, they were riding a wave of media praise and momentum all season. They're a championship side, we can tear them up and bury them if we want to with Grealish and McGinn in our side.
Often teams do suffer from “second season syndrome”, could this break have the same effect? Hopefully for us it will.

I think a lot of the early games will be won or lost on fitness so without seeing either side for 3 months it’s impossible to say, for them 90% of their game is hard work so if they are struggling on that front that could open the door for us. Worst case scenario they’ve worked much more on fitness and absolutely dominate the game.

Here's a few reasons to be optimistic ahead of tomorrow.

1. We had a good pre season, and these matches will resemble pre season games. We also probably have the best training facilities in the league outside of the top ten, and these games should also feel very much like training games to the players.

2. McGinn is back, and before his injury, he was arguably our best and most important player. We also have a fully fit Grealish and Mings. Even way back at the start of this season, I think we would all have agreed that we would need those three fit and playing if we wanted to stay up. They're fit, they're playing.

3. Villa Park. With or without fans, it's a magical place. Maybe, without the fans, it's more of a house advantage than a home advantage, but it's still an advantage. We are kicking off against a team that we CAN match in terms of quality at home.

4. Theres been a fantastic chance for Samatta to get to know the lads. Our new signing won't feel so much like a new signing. He should be well bedded in with the squad now and hungry to represent his country in front of the watching planet tomorrow evening. I'm expecting a flurry of goals from him in the next few weeks.

5. Win this, and we move out of the relegation zone perhaps permanently for the rest of the season. The focus turns from us onto whoever falls below us. They won't all win this weekend and a gap can start to form.

Sheffield are basically a Burnley on a good run. And we beat Burnley away. If we click then we can beat them no problem. In Samatta we have a quick striker in the Vardy mold; we can and should score goals.

I said over the weekend I had a gut feeling we will win this. I do have one nagging doubt; the manager.
Just one nagging doubt?
Here's a few reasons to be optimistic ahead of tomorrow.

1. We had a good pre season, and these matches will resemble pre season games. We also probably have the best training facilities in the league outside of the top ten, and these games should also feel very much like training games to the players.

2. McGinn is back, and before his injury, he was arguably our best and most important player. We also have a fully fit Grealish and Mings. Even way back at the start of this season, I think we would all have agreed that we would need those three fit and playing if we wanted to stay up. They're fit, they're playing.

3. Villa Park. With or without fans, it's a magical place. Maybe, without the fans, it's more of a house advantage than a home advantage, but it's still an advantage. We are kicking off against a team that we CAN match in terms of quality at home.

4. Theres been a fantastic chance for Samatta to get to know the lads. Our new signing won't feel so much like a new signing. He should be well bedded in with the squad now and hungry to represent his country in front of the watching planet tomorrow evening. I'm expecting a flurry of goals from him in the next few weeks.

5. Win this, and we move out of the relegation zone perhaps permanently for the rest of the season. The focus turns from us onto whoever falls below us. They won't all win this weekend and a gap can start to form.
Do you play euromillions lottery? If not, i reckon you should have a go this weekend.
Youve only got to match 7 numbers. 7!!!!

Aston Villa chief executive Christian Purslow believes the resumption of the Premier League will be a successful one and is confident it is coming back at the right time.

"I think it will lift everyone to be watching football," Purslow said.

"We will have the eyes of the world on us but the level of planning and preparation that has gone in makes me extremely confident that it will be a great success."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53070094