Aston Villa v Sheff Utd Match Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Sheff Utd Match Thread

I think we will win comfortably. Break came at the wrong time for Sheffield, they were riding a wave of media praise and momentum all season. They're a championship side, we can tear them up and bury them if we want to with Grealish and McGinn in our side.

Yerright, a 'Championship side' that has beaten 11 opponents in the PL and only lost 7 times, and is 2 points off the
Champions League position :lol:

This is comparing to a Villa side that has lost 17 times so far this season :shake:

Just WTF are you on mate???!!!

Haha like I said, they've been riding a wave and that's been interrupted by the break. We have better players on paper and the form table is out of the window. There's no excited or disgruntled fans around them, its 11 players vs 11 players, Smith vs Wilder.

I dont see any reason to suggest why we wont win this one.

They seem to have 10 John McGinns , we have one, by that they all seem to have his work rate and determination. Their front two consists of any two from 4 who work their nuts off for an hour then get replaced by the other two.

I think if we played Sammata and Davis it might mean their 3 CB's are bit less likely to venture forwards than when we go with one up front

Idgavfc, you liked my comment above, then your like disappeared.
Have you become confused by the mounting exitement of watching the mighty Villa again.
The excitement has caused uncontrollable shaking of my thumb! Haha I'm genuinely very excited about tomorrow now! Never thought I'd be so happy at the chance of seeing Neill Taylor run across my TV screen wearing claret and blue.

They seem to have 10 John McGinns , we have one, by that they all seem to have his work rate and determination. Their front two consists of any two from 4 who work their nuts off for an hour then get replaced by the other two.

I think if we played Sammata and Davis it might mean their 3 CB's are bit less likely to venture forwards than when we go with one up front
If we let their centre backs venture forward it should leave space in behind for our rapid wingers Trezeguet and El Ghazi to hide in without touching the ball for 90 minutes

There's no way Smith will start with two up front, it makes too much sense.

Last edited: