Aston Villa v Sheff Utd Match Thread | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Sheff Utd Match Thread

June 17, the expected resumption, and we play our game in hand to even out the league.

Not sure I can see why I'd expect an upturn in form and ability, but as always, as a deluded football fan, I live in hope. Well, I live in Fear Towers, but you know what I mean.

Moved a few posts from the covid thread to kick off the match talk, (you'd done nowt wrong, this thread hadn't been started, just thought a nice appropriate move)

We've got this . Cliche alert It's like a new season , I expect our new signings to have improved for the experience from the first phase of the season

We've got this . Cliche alert It's like a new season , I expect our new signings to have improved for the experience from the first phase of the season

After a coronavirus break,it’s good to return and see you’re still full of hope and optimism sirdennis! I fully expect us to win every remaining game...! :yes:

Well Sheffield utd have, no matter what the result, outplayed us every time we've played them since they got promoted to the championship. I'm not really expecting a worldwide pandemic to change anything really.

Well we all know wilder will have had them hard ar it during the lay off unlike our lot who probably bar one exception were following the rules and lounging around and jogging around the living room .

Just for once can we come out and muscle with them from the off

Well we all know wilder will have had them hard ar it during the lay off unlike our lot who probably bar one exception were following the rules and lounging around and jogging around the living room .

Just for once can we come out and muscle with them from the off

So what you're saying is if Sheffield beat us it means they broke the lock down rules and we should be automatically awarded 3 points. Genius.

If it wasn't for the break I'd put this down as a cert loss. Of all teams, I think Sheffield and Leicester are the two who can cruise to an easy win against us.

However ... times have changed. Sheffield are well drilled but individually they aren't great. They will probably be confident, over confident, and chinks in their armour will appear. Once we score, those chinks will become great big gashes. Class will tell. A clear win for us.

I'd make the argument that officials in the VAR booth are breaking social distancing rules so it needs binning. Also its shite.
I know UEFA have said that it is up to the individual leagues whether they use VAR or not. And I read somewhere (no link, sorry JF!) that VAR have said they can operate within the guidelines (masks, plastic screens, etc.).

It would be an absolute disgrace and a farce of they tried to finish without VAR, considering the huge impact the system has had this season.