Aston Villa v Rotherham , Tuesday 18th September 19.45 kick off. | Page 6 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Rotherham , Tuesday 18th September 19.45 kick off.

He came so close to helping himself out, all he had to do was play Axel at CB and no one could have possibly complained about the lineup

Jedinak in at centre half again. Other than that no complaints.

Apart from old boy Jedinak replacing the young vibrant Tuanzebe, apart from Kodgia playing on the wing, apart from Hutton playing left back, apart from playing one up front. No complaints from me either

Like the line up with exception of the Jedi at the back. How is Axel going to get any kind of relationship with Chester if it’s chopped and changed every game?

The line up only works if we go out, press high, move the ball quickly and just attack.

If we are negative the line up could be a poor one. Over to the manager and players to show us which mentality is turning up tonight

Jedinak in at center-back again. Other than that no complaints.
The problem is that it is a big complaint. IF you gave Axel the run of games at CB I guarantee he would be an improvement over Jedi at CB. I watched Jedi get turned around a dozen times in our box on Saturday when he dropped in to help defend. Gave up at least two unnecessary fouls in dangerous spots. What the FECK has he done to deserve any playing time.

Why is Bruce so flipping stubborn? You know who would be a good option to play at CB today, Elphick... oh that's right we loaned him out. I keep asking myself "how can any manager screw up the starting 11 for the squad we currently have?"

We will probably win today. I hate to say it I predicted our first clean sheet in the league but I pray to hell we don't so Bruce won't run to the post game and declare our defense is sorted out.

Ideal match to give Axel more time as CB. So what does he do?

Other than that, right line-up for a change. Anything other than a win will be a disaster.

If that side attempts to hang on to a lead we have problems.

Looks attacking on paper. Problems will come if El-Ghazi and Kodjia are expected to help our their full backs.

Like the line up with exception of the Jedi at the back. How is Axel going to get any kind of relationship with Chester if it’s chopped and changed every game?

The line up only works if we go out, press high, move the ball quickly and just attack.

If we are negative the line up could be a poor one. Over to the manager and players to show us which mentality is turning up tonight
Additionally, it seems the only person in the universe thinks Jedi is a CB. IF he is not the solution then wouldn't make sense to start playing who might be? With this decision, Bruce is not only not allowing the relationship between Axel and Chester, but he is also crushing the confidence of Nyland. I think Chester's confidence is shaken as well. And if you watch, both RB and LB are often sagging too far central to help the middle at the cost of allowing unchallenged cross into our box.

twoleftfeet costs us nearly every game he plays -
can't see why anyone would be arsed about dropping the utd reserve tbh.

anyway must win innit

twoleftfeet costs us nearly every game he plays -
can't see why anyone would be arsed about dropping the utd reserve tbh.

anyway must win innit
Have you watched Jedi at CB mate? Axel was certainly shakey, but at least we have the potential for improvement. Give him a run of 5 games at CB then access. If he does not make the grade insert one of our promising youth CB's Sulliman for instance.. shit he is on loan as well.

Really ridiculous that our CB options are so threadbare. The more I think about it the more pissed I get. This fact alone is a sackable offense. UNBELIEVABLE!