Aston Villa v Rotherham , Tuesday 18th September 19.45 kick off. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Rotherham , Tuesday 18th September 19.45 kick off.

We're at home against a team we should be bumming..... None of this defensive midfielder crap nonsense please (even if Jedi did play well on Saturday... probably needs a rest anyway).

Nyland

Hutton
Chester
Tuanzebe
Taylor

El Ghazi
Hourihane
McGinn
Grealish

Kodjia
Abraham

No idea. He wasn't in the 16 on Saturday.

I don't think he is, but with Jedi and Whelan and Hourihane, and McGinn, and Jack... I suppose we're pretty well stocked.

If Barney could control his energy, in a central 3 with Hourihane and McGinn could be class in this league especially at home. Not great defensively between them however they’d have the legs to close down quickly, get up and down the pitch plus all three can play football.

Personally I find both the Jedi and Whelan slow us down too much. Although Whelan is liked for his tackling and grit, he wouldn’t need to be like that if he was up to the pace of the game.

I’m not sure it’ll work out in the middle, obviously Brucey will see on a daily basis and be better informed than I am (although this is Brucey, so maybe not).

Plus it relieves Jack to do what most of us are saying on here.

I'n not filled with confidence with this one, I'm predicting Bruce same old performance, going for a bore draw or a loss unfortunately, hope I'm wrong but I just don't see a win on the cards unless we have the shackles off.

Looks a great signing that, I do so love loans anyway as you know!

What's up with him, anyone know?

Not match fit. Apparently has some way to go.

If Elmo plays then it has to be RB with Hutton as LB. Don't get the vibes coming out of VP that El Ghazi "isn't ready for the Championship yet". The guy is skillful, quick and a Dutch international. I want to see him on the right wing.

A team still needs shape and players to perform a team role, these midfield lineups I'm seeing from posters are very attacking type players, someone would need to sit and cover, is Hourihane or mcginn better at a tidy, collect and give role than whelan or Barney?

That said we need to be on the front foot at home especially and time for 2 up front me thinks.

Nyland
Elmo, Chester, tuanz, Taylor
Whelan
El Ghazi, Hourihane, Albert
Kodija, Tammy.

Jack on bench, Hourihane deserves a start.