Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest Match Thread Sat 8th April 3pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest Match Thread Sat 8th April 3pm

I actually thought the ref had given us a free kick for a foul on Duran, then changed his mind. I'm biased but I thought he was fouled especially in this new more lenient season
He was. The ref certainly gave us the free kick , but bowed to crowd pressure like he did for the penalty.

Dreadful performance from the ref by the way. One of the worst I have seen for a long long time.

I'm struggling with a chest infection at the moment, but I'm hopeful I will man up in time for ko

Hope so. This is a game that I think the crowd could make all the difference. Cooper isn't going to want to give anything away and maybe for the first goal we'll need the help to suck it in to the net. Hopefully the 1st goal triggers an avalanche sized collapse in them and I will relax.

Emery's success to me is assured already, the team itself need to win games I would expect them to win. This is one of those.

He was. The ref certainly gave us the free kick , but bowed to crowd pressure like he did for the penalty.

Dreadful performance from the ref by the way. One of the worst I have seen for a long long time.

He’s a bloody awful referee and his change of mind on that particular decision showed how weak he is. It also led to an even worse decision because it was from that free kick that he gave the penalty….crikey VAR has had its issues but thank God we had it in that instance. Can you imagine how we’d have felt pre VAR with both those decisions going against us and them then scoring from the spot kick. Still can’t believe how he gave the penalty! Horrendous performance.

We need to make sure we go into this game with the right mindset. Confident without being arrogant and ensure we aren't sloppy playing out from the back. The only way we lose this game is through our own mistakes .
COYVB's :utv::utv:

They have a couple of dangerous players in Johnson and Gibbs-White, who will be in demand if Forest go down. Most of the rest are journey men who on their day are half decent.
Hope its not another 5-5

I have a ticket (electronic so I can email) going for tomorrow if anyone is searching for one, adult ticket, Trinity Road Stand, A1. £38.50 face value. Drop me a PM if you are interested

Hope so. This is a game that I think the crowd could make all the difference. Cooper isn't going to want to give anything away and maybe for the first goal we'll need the help to suck it in to the net. Hopefully the 1st goal triggers an avalanche sized collapse in them and I will relax.

Emery's success to me is assured already, the team itself need to win games I would expect them to win. This is one of those.

Think you're spot on here, their home record is alright which I think is a lot to do with their ground and crowd but they've been terrible away. 5 scored and 34 conceded away from home. They took the lead away to Leeds last week but collapsed and lost 2-1, thats the sort of game they needed to be winning or drawing.

He does right demanding more especially in this type of game. As mentioned by others we cannot into this game thinking we can turn up and win.

Given Forest and their away form, and given our fantastic results of late, isn't it about time we were given a really comfortable afternoon - by which I mean a couple of goals up early on, and not look under any threat of losing it. Amazingly, despite our great run of results, the only one under Emery that as near as it can fits that description is his very first game in charge v Man Utd.

Spurs away we shut them them out completely, but still had to wait for the 73rd minute for the second goal. We easily beat Bournemouth in the end, but again had to wait too long for that second goal, and even they were not without chances of levelling it. A totally stress free game for once would be great - but we are still Villa, and against lowly Forest, as ever, I doubt it. But maybe this time ..... please!

Given Forest and their away form, and given our fantastic results of late, isn't it about time we were given a really comfortable afternoon - by which I mean a couple of goals up early on, and not look under any threat of losing it. Amazingly, despite our great run of results, the only one under Emery that as near as it can fits that description is his very first game in charge v Man Utd.

Spurs away we shut them them out completely, but still had to wait for the 73rd minute for the second goal. We easily beat Bournemouth in the end, but again had to wait too long for that second goal, and even they were not without chances of levelling it. A totally stress free game for once would be great - but we are still Villa, and against lowly Forest, as ever, I doubt it. But maybe this time ..... please!
Gotta remain patient Stenny, we are Aston Villa and we score when we want :utv:

Looking forward to tomorrow, and then reading the above, loads of optimism and Mr Donkey saying Five Live have bigged us up.

GULP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grinning:

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS :utv: