Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest Match Thread Sat 8th April 3pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest Match Thread Sat 8th April 3pm

It's nice to win playing champagne football but, if we're going to be serious contenders, we will also have scores along the lines of:
Villa 1 (Watkins, 71)
Other Team 0
(Somewhat like more than a few of Man U score lines when Fergie and Cantona were in their respective pomps.)

Last edited:
Western Australia? Spent a year there and remember settling down to watch our 3pm kick offs at that time during the summer. Quite nice being able to go to work or do anything else during the day and watch a game at the end of it.
Shanghai, China. Great for 3pm kick off's but the evening games suck.

Strange KO time 3 pm apparently we do best when we KO at 12.30 since they started all these different ko times. Another useless stat

We can be 3-0 up with 5 minutes to go and I'll still be on edge.
I actually think Emery has reversed the trend now though. Against Leicester, Maddison went down and wasted 3/4 minutes - I did think at the time oh that’s the Villa of old wasting minutes and getting shafted at the end - now it’s the opposition doing it and Emery’s Villa taking advantage to strike the killer blow. The one thing that we did do of old was give two late needless free kicks to them where they nearly scored - I’m sure Emery noted that.

It's nice to win playing champagne football but, if we're going to serious contenders, we will also have scores along the lines of:
Villa 1 (Watkins, 71)
Other Team 0
(Somewhat like more than a few of Man U score lines when Fergie and Cantona were in their respective pomps.)

I agree I genuinely couldnt care less how we win. I might reassess in 6-12 months but between now and the end of the season it simply doesnt matter. And I think 99% of us would agree given how starved of wins we are in this era of our Prem Status.

With that said I would like a little Champagne football this weekend given their away record is 1 win 5 goals scored and 34 conceded.

The one thing that we did do of old was give two late needless free kicks to them where they nearly scored - I’m sure Emery noted that.
Duran showed his inexperience by needlessly fouling a player going away from goal which lead to the free kick resulting in the pen and red card which obviously got overturned. Silly errors like this can be so costly.

I haven't quite got used to this winning lark...... what's this all about?

On the Erod thread I'm consistently predicted either draws or losses as I've not been confident enough for a good time. Is that changing? Yes it is. So much so that I'm going over to Erod after I've posted this and predicting a win........ hope that doesn't put the mockers on things.

If it does, then I'll say sorry now.

I haven't quite got used to this winning lark...... what's this all about?

On the Erod thread I'm consistently predicted either draws or losses as I've not been confident enough for a good time. Is that changing? Yes it is. So much so that I'm going over to Erod after I've posted this and predicting a win........ hope that doesn't put the mockers on things.

If it does, then I'll say sorry now.
I share your opinion but this game ironically is causing me huge amounts of stress.

On paper it's a 3-0 home win but then I think about our home form and Forests need for points. Could they come and battle for a draw or will Villa do their classic imploding trick and now lose the game that everybody expects them to win. o_O

Duran showed his inexperience by needlessly fouling a player going away from goal which lead to the free kick resulting in the pen and red card which obviously got overturned. Silly errors like this can be so costly.
I actually thought the ref had given us a free kick for a foul on Duran, then changed his mind. I'm biased but I thought he was fouled especially in this new more lenient season