Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest Match Thread Sat 8th April 3pm | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest Match Thread Sat 8th April 3pm

We go again can we continue the roll we are on?
I'd like to think so, they've plateaued and have started to drop points again so I'm hoping that they'll be cagey coming to VP. Said it elsewhere that we are picking up points without excelling. Hopefully we'll put on a masterclass, roared home by the 44k faithful :utv:. Gone for a win in the Erod.

the fat knacker that owns Forest has given Cooper a 'vote of confidence' apparently (as long as results improve immediately). So that should settle them down -

how many managers have we accounted for now this season (not including the fraud masquerading as a coach at ours) ?

Last edited:
the fat knacker that owns Forest has given Cooper a 'vote of confidence' apparently (as long as results improve immediately). So that should settle them down -

how many managers have we accounted for now this season (not including the fraud maquerading as a coach at ours) ?
Less of the Fattism please, porker maybe :unsure:

I'd like to think so, they've plateaued and have started to drop points again so I'm hoping that they'll be cagey coming to VP. Said it elsewhere that we are picking up points without excelling. Hopefully we'll put on a masterclass, roared home by the 44k faithful :utv:. Gone for a win in the Erod.

I'd like to think we can achieve a similar level of comfort vs. these as we did vs. Bournemouth.

Look at their away form its horrific, they've scored 5 and conceded 34!

https://footystats.org/clubs/nottingham-forest-fc-211

Any news on Kamara, we were led to believe he was available but didn't make the bench last game.
Surely must be injured?

Any news on Kamara, we were led to believe he was available but didn't make the bench last game.
Surely must be injured?

Yes. Got to be. I thought he was walking ok at the end of the Chelsea game but not worth the risk I suppose.

We need Emery to keep everyone's feet on the ground and working hard, and I have faith he will.

Forrest are not without their threats. Johnson will run in behind all day with our high line. Shelvey is the only one in their midfield with the potential to find him though. Those other two in are just cloggers.

Gibbs-white has actually been really good. Amazingly, worth his price tag. Still... we should be able to keep this run going with another W.

Last edited:
We need Emery to keep everyone's feet on the ground and working hard, and I have faith he will.

Forrest are not without their threats. Johnson will run in behind all day with our high line. Shelvey is the only one in their midfield with the potential to find him though. Those other two in are just cloggers.

Gibbs-white has actually been really good. Amazingly, worth his price tag. Still... we should be able to keep this run going with another W.

It'll range somewhere on the scale of West Ham, Bournemouth and last night. All 3 of those teams tried to sit in and ping balls over our backline or force quick transitions. In all 3 games, 1 of the 2 full backs were targetting. Moreno vs. West Ham, Cash vs. Bournemouth, and Young last night. I expect Forest to attempt something similar.

So far we've go the width and line of our defense right. Its pretty much taken a perfect pass, touch and finish to open us up. We've given away a couple of chances from open play but none really rank as clear-cut IMO.

Gibbs-White, Dennis and Johnson is an interesting little trio up front.

A few games tonight and on the weekend that we could do with being draws as long as we get 3 points against Forest

It's a 10:00pm ko for me so that's a bonus in itself. I'll have to leave the bar early though 😒

Western Australia? Spent a year there and remember settling down to watch our 3pm kick offs at that time during the summer. Quite nice being able to go to work or do anything else during the day and watch a game at the end of it.