Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December | Page 4 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December

No Bailey and Ings will be a late decision according to the prospective 2 game November manager of the month .

I hope we see the Douglas Luiz of the second half against City. Great performance.
Incidentally, did anyone else notice how he went straight to McPhee after we equalised? A lot of congratulating each other after that goal.

Thank god the long throw ins are no longer our go to weapon of choice. Surprised AM is still part of the furniture, maybe he has some good ideas, maybe SG will keep him on extract the ideas and move him on

Thank god the long throw ins are no longer our go to weapon of choice. Surprised AM is still part of the furniture, maybe he has some good ideas, maybe SG will keep him on extract the ideas and move him on

I doubt it tbh. Steven Gerrard was singing his praises last week, he seems to be pretty popular with the players and I dont think Gerrard will be getting rid of someone he seems to rate highly. You might have to eat humble pie on this one.

AM is not there just for the planning of long throws.

He is the SET PIECE coach is he not ?.

What is the fixation with suggesting he is just designing long throws.

Lets not get facts in the way. So here goes…

Ings , Hause, Targett, Watkins, OG v Everton. Thats 5 goals in 14 games . Not bad. Suggests to me our set pieces have improved. There might be others I haven’t thought of. And I do not know what our defensive set piece goals conceded are but that will be covered by AM as well.

Last edited:
Loads of teams are trying long throws this season. Saw Arsenal doing it last night and they aren't really the sort of team you'd associate that tactic with

Thankyou MWS. I was keeping quiet since Weds but I agree. I am surprised how some appear so easily pleased that a handful of good passes a game from who is supposed to be our key creative player is somehow acceptable. It just has be so much more from him right here , right now not a slow burning come good in January when he is up to speed.

I am truly not writing him off but the great player I was told we were getting who was better then YKW isn't as good as was made out if he takes this long to get going. How is this ok that 40 million doesn’t get you an immediate impact and we have to wait. He isn’t 20 . Just tells me he isn’t as stellar as was said and is of lesser overall quality. He has been a disappointment, no if‘s or but’s. There is undoubtedly a talent there but still for every one or two great passes there is still currently more losing of possession, throwing hands up in the air , appearing to be running through treacle and falling over.

Given the hype there there needs to be much more than a handful of passes a game. He is here, he was bought to dictate and run the game .
No one thought he was better than Grealish. One is a £100m player, the most of any player in Britain, our best player for decades, the other is a £35m player who has done very well but at a lesser club. Buendia is taking longer to adapt than hoped but he has shown he is capable of being a highly creative player whilst at Norwich and has shown glimpses of his quality here, just not sustained enough yet. I believe we signed him to play with Grealish, not instead of him, so the goalposts have been shifted since he signed and we haven’t yet worked out how to play him since.

Maddison was a slight doubt but should be fit , Tielemans back in training so is Justin. This is another tough game , a draw wouldn't be a disaster.

As for the match, they haven't been great and their defence is weak but they are still dangerous and Vardy is a complete ****** who is also very good at scoring goals and loves the role of pantomime villain.

I'm a bit late to this thread. Just trying to catch up.

Austin "The Beegee" McPhee is now good and Buendia is shite? Have I got that right?

Also, did someone say that is Danny Ings just an expensive Scott Hogan?

Not far off but Buendia is now not shite he's showing signs :ban::please::sorry::spam::agree::stupid: