Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December

Did he??? Can't keep his place based on 2 decent passes in 90 minutes, lost possession more times than any player on the pitch!!! Wasteful passing over & over again, even simple short passes, lightweight waste of money.
Yes he showed moments of genuine quality and played with a much better attitude. He's going to prove you wrong, he's a good player.

Did he??? Can't keep his place based on 2 decent passes in 90 minutes, lost possession more times than any player on the pitch!!! Wasteful passing over & over again, even simple short passes, lightweight waste of money.

Thankyou MWS. I was keeping quiet since Weds but I agree. I am surprised how some appear so easily pleased that a handful of good passes a game from who is supposed to be our key creative player is somehow acceptable. It just has be so much more from him right here , right now not a slow burning come good in January when he is up to speed.

I am truly not writing him off but the great player I was told we were getting who was better then YKW isn't as good as was made out if he takes this long to get going. How is this ok that 40 million doesn’t get you an immediate impact and we have to wait. He isn’t 20 . Just tells me he isn’t as stellar as was said and is of lesser overall quality. He has been a disappointment, no if‘s or but’s. There is undoubtedly a talent there but still for every one or two great passes there is still currently more losing of possession, throwing hands up in the air , appearing to be running through treacle and falling over.

Given the hype there there needs to be much more than a handful of passes a game. He is here, he was bought to dictate and run the game .

Last edited:
Thankyou MWS. I was keeping quiet since Weds but I agree. I am surprised how some appear so easily pleased that a handful of good passes a game from who is supposed to be our key creative player is somehow acceptable. It just has be so much more from him right here , right now not a slow burning come good in January when he is up to speed.

I am truly not writing him off but the great player I was told we were getting who was better then YKW isn't as good as was made out if he takes this long to get going. How is this ok that 40 million doesn’t get you an immediate impact and we have to wait. He isn’t 20 . Just tells me he isn’t as stellar as was said and is of lesser overall quality. He has been a disappointment, no if‘s or but’s. There is undoubtedly a talent there but still for every one or two great passes there is still currently more losing of possession, throwing hands up in the air , appearing to be running through treacle and falling over.

Given the hype there there needs to be much more than a handful of passes a game. He is here, he was bought to dictate and run the game .
Well, a hip injury would be one reason not to give an immediate impact. Costing £40m doesn't mean he's impervious to injury and fitness, as the £100m man we sold this summer would be able to tell you.

Think it's too early to call out the players from the last transfer window as pathetic losers. Only time will tell us if they were a bargain or a complete waste of money (or more likely, somewhere in the middle). Still don't get why some fixate on calling players shite. After all, they're all considerably better than any of us ever were or are likely to be in any universe ever, and second, they're not trying to be shite, they are trying to implement the coaches brief but players around them and the other team have a huge say in how successful they are on any given day. We've got to stop slagging our own players off. We have plenty of youngsters ready willing and able, and the coaches job is to select the best team from the parts available.

Still don't get why some fixate on calling players shite.

It's because there are a minority of football fans who seem to think that football is still played in the 1990's where the best way to get a response from a player is to throw teacups at them during halftime and every player should be sold after a poor performance.

I truly hope to be sat eating a large slice of humble pie, however, will be amazed if he is ever even an average player for us. Slow, weak, lazy & bad attitude, plus abysmal passing.

He might be more than average to be fair. But even then how far more than average?. He needs to be some way past that to justify the hype that has gone before and the hype since he made one good pass on Saturday and a handful on Weds.

The stellar player that was eulogised about as being better than YKW, that was great on You tube or highly recommended from various Norwich fans or even villa fans who watched loads of the championship last season ?. Not for me Jeff.

But will gladly eat humble pie as well.

Last edited:
It's because there are a minority of football fans who seem to think that football is still played in the 1990's where the best way to get a response from a player is to throw teacups at them during halftime and every player should be sold after a poor performance.
None of us are qualified to call a player shite - it's an opinion and in all honesty an uninformed opinion. We can all see that Trez has his limitations, but he makes up for most of that with his effort and sometimes with great goals. So in some games he'll be the coaches pick.

He might be more than average to be fair. But even then how far more than average?. He needs to be some way past that to justify the hype that has gone before and the hype since he made one good pass on Saturday and a handful on Weds.

The stellar player that was eulogised about as being better than YKW that was great on You tube or highly recommended from various Norwich fans or even villa fans who watched loads of the championship last season ?. Not for me Jeff.

But will gladly eat humble pie as well.
That was us though, he was £33m with add ons, not £40m. Therefore the market values him as a third of a Grealish - totally different players as well. Still think we owe him a bit more time.

None of us are qualified to call a player shite - it's an opinion and in all honesty an uninformed opinion. We can all see that Trez has his limitations, but he makes up for most of that with his effort and sometimes with great goals. So in some games he'll be the coaches pick.

Anyone who watches football is 'qualified' to have an opinion on a player surely.
Some of those opinions will be valid and some complete shite.
Some players are 'shite' versus their peer group obviously otherwise every team would be stuffed full of Salahs and the like.
(It's why some go for £100 Mill and some go for free on loan to the championship)

some very sensitive souls around tbh

Last edited:
maybe, but ... with so many on the season ticket waiting list and so on, and a match that should be pretty decent.

Think the time of year and the price of the tickets for non season ticket holders has probably got a lot to do with it. Didn’t realise til a mate got tickets for him and his lad a couple of weeks ago that you’re looking at £50/55 for adult tickets in the likes of Trinity middle/upper and Doug Ellis for these ‘ A games‘ or whatever they call them these days! It’s a lot of money especially when you’ve got two home ‘A games‘ in the week. Some decent concessions for kids, oaps etc but with Christmas looming and higher costs of living generally, it all adds up I guess! I’m glad I’ve got my season ticket but that, along with the £30 cap on away ticket prices does tend to make me completely oblivious to the general price of tickets for non season ticket holders at home games.