Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December | Page 6 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December

Ramsey part of a front 3?
Gerrard implementing two no. 10s?

Like this idea.

Interesting this one - perhaps more advanced may suit him. Also provides energy and protection from the front.

Hopefully we can be comfortable by 60/70 mins as the bench is the weakest it has been for a while.

Like the team, Ramsey in for Bailey in the same position (on paper) is a little surprise as I thought he’d bring AEG in but another chance for him to shine with a solid central midfield and Luiz was also enjoying his spell venturing to the left wing in the week.

Think we’ll play a lot narrower as a result which isn’t a bad thing but the full backs (Cash in particular) will need to put good deliveries in if they get around the outside.

Chukwuemeka, Bidace and Iroegbunham on the bench, 3 very talented, hungry young players chomping at the bit to make their mark….. pleased to see SG is putting faith in our youngsters, hope we get to see at least one of them getting valuable minutes of experience on the pitch.

Chukwuemeka, Bidace and Iroegbunham on the bench, 3 very talented, hungry young players chomping at the bit to make their mark….. pleased to see SG is putting faith in our youngsters, hope we get to see at least one of them getting valuable minutes of experience on the pitch.
If we are winning comfortably yes. Or getting tonked.
I wouldn't want these youngsters on just yet in high pressure environments. Not this year.

Sky sports Instagram: Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa host off Brendan Rodger’s Leicester….

It’s started, never to be referred to as just “Aston Villa” again :slap:

I don't really think I have to say this 'On the front foot from the first whistle to the last' after what SG said about us not getting going for the first 10-15 minutes against Citeh, so I'll jst say.......

COME ON YOU LIONS!

Surprised Vardy and Iheanacho both on the bench.

They are both players who seem to love playing Villa and at Villa park. Even if out of form, we are normally very accommodating when it comes to offing a helping hand to get back to scoring ways.

Surprised Vardy and Iheanacho both on the bench.

They are both players who seem to love playing Villa and at Villa park. Even if out of form, we are normally very accommodating when it comes to offing a helping hand to get back to scoring ways.

They are saving them for this weeks European game apparently.

true, and we remember the last young talent who scored a belt against Leicester! 👀