Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread - Sun 21 June - 4.15pm | Page 5 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread - Sun 21 June - 4.15pm

Excellent news, now double training lads, especially you slackers in defence, and SJM back to the fitness training!

I would guess someone will test positive at some point in the coming days and no one will be seen at the training ground for weeks as they all self isolate. Then at least they’ll have an excuse for playing like they’ve done zero work on the training pitch next time we actually play.

It’s quite amusing but we’re not very good at turning up to a game with three days to prepare for our opposition into this league. We’re not great when we have a week to prepare either but playing Tuesday - Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday to fit the games in won’t suit us

Their will be a big issue about players not training etc then having to be fit for when the season resumes whenever that will be.

I can see that the ban will be extended as well given that the virus isn't expected to peak for a few weeks yet.

Their will be a big issue about players not training etc then having to be fit for when the season resumes whenever that will be.

I can see that the ban will be extended as well given that the virus isn't expected to peak for a few weeks yet.

June apparently before it might start getting better, some of the players will be out of contract by then and we'll be able to buy more

Coronavirus is due to peak in 10-14 weeks!!
So it would make sense for the premier league suspension to be extended for this amount of time at the very least.

Which begs the question, will there be time to finish remaining matches?

Hope Scott hogan doesn’t catch it, can’t have his valuation dropping like the ftse after a few tap ins

So our next game could be Wolves at VP on 4th April and then Liverpool away just the game when they need a win to win the league. I was hoping they'd have won it by the time we go there.

Lets hope they abandon this season and start again in august

Match ticket holders entitled to a refund but what about season ticket holders who potentially can’t attend the rearranged fixture? (If it happens at all)

No chance it will restart early April, if the peak is due to hit the UK in May/June time I cant see football being played again until late June early July.
Its either cancel the season, or finish as things stand. I did think some play off system would work best, but I suppose it then becomes an argument on who should play who to make it fair.

No chance it will restart early April, if the peak is due to hit the UK in May/June time I cant see football being played again until late June early July.
Its either cancel the season, or finish as things stand. I did think some play off system would work best, but I suppose it then becomes an argument on who should play who to make it fair.

Can't finish it as it stands as we have played a game less

It’s not fair to finish it as it is as mathematically nothing is certain yet.