Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread - Sun 21 June - 4.15pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread - Sun 21 June - 4.15pm

We go again, honest bunch of lads, with 110% effort from everyone, we can achieve the right result.

Bullshit we'll fold like a deck of cards at the first mistake and the first groan from the Holte end but the bit above sounds better. I'm setting up my own bullshit course, sorry positive thinking course if anyone wants to sign up. It's called what you see is what you get

I think that Sky are being unfair on us. They keep picking our games on purpose so that the pundits have plenty of goals and defensive errors to talk about at half time. :slap::wagging:

I think Sky are arseholes whose only reason in life is to bugger up my social life by rearranging matches that interfere with long laid plans.
Perhaps,when we get to the stage of televising matches from empty stadia with no atmosphere, they'll recognise the importance of live, passionate fans and stop taking us for granted.

I think Sky are arseholes whose only reason in life is to bugger up my social life by rearranging matches that interfere with long laid plans.
Perhaps,when we get to the stage of televising matches from empty stadia with no atmosphere, they'll recognise the importance of live, passionate fans and stop taking us for granted.

I don't arrange anything in the football season, except on weekends where Villa are away. I've always done that , Sky or not

I don't arrange anything in the football season, except on weekends where Villa are away. I've always done that , Sky or not
I like the idea but The Management has to be considered. She's very understanding but can growl a bit if she thinks I'm taking the piss.

To be fair she does ask but sometimes family and special events get put in the diary before Sky buggers everything up and changes the fixture. I end up missing matches and it pisses me off. Missing Saturday's game might be a blessing, however.

To be fair she does ask but sometimes family and special events get put in the diary before Sky buggers everything up and changes the fixture. I end up missing matches and it pisses me off. Missing Saturday's game might be a blessing, however.

I know what you mean but my lot know better than to arrange things, even my Grandsons naming ceremony is being arranged around Grandads football ;) It's all in the training!

We go again, honest bunch of lads, with 110% effort from everyone, we can achieve the right result.

Bullshit we'll fold like a deck of cards at the first mistake and the first groan from the Holte end but the bit above sounds better. I'm setting up my own bullshit course, sorry positive thinking course if anyone wants to sign up. It's called what you see is what you get
Great idea. But you could call it 'We Go Again'. That will increase attendance levels.
It's just a matter of time before we turn the corner. Remain positive and the outcome will be different. Examine the stats and you will see we are some way ahead of other teams in certain criteria.
I am certain if we all pull together at fortress villa park. ....

Looking at our midfield, where a lot of problems stem from, I'm desperately looking for ways to shuffle the pack and come up with two, in addition to Jack, who could protect the defence, win a tacklel, pass to a claret shirt and score a goal. I've ruled out Luiz and Hourihane and I wouldn't want to rely on Trezeguet or Annie Al Gahzi. Nakamba can at least run about a bit so I'm taking him as the lesser of evils. After all that thinking I''m left with Lansbury as the only possible alternative.
Christ!

I’m sure the wrong thread police will ban anyone commenting, but with Leicester playing staff having 3 positive CV-19 cases today (ie after we played them Monday) and news Chelsea cancelled training for deep clean at their training ground, I’d be surprised if this fixture goes ahead.