Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread - Sun 21 June - 4.15pm | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread - Sun 21 June - 4.15pm

I can see the crowd turning on Deano after this one if we lose. Why do we always leave it until things start getting ugly before we make the change, just drags the players morale down even further as well

Bloody hell. Tammy scoring a hat trick in front of the holte end to really cap off a lovely few weeks.

Tammy's still injured, I believe.

Never understood playing Reina. Looks overweight. We know he's not staying beyond the summer. An ageing pro who's looking for some game time, no real investment in the club's future. Nyland may be a bit nervy but he's sharper, more athletic, and is the better bet.

Drop Reina, Luiz and Hourihane. Luiz looks well below the standard we need, loses the ball far too often; maybe not entirely his fault, maybe the role doesn't suit him, but he's a liability. Hourihane isn't the player for a struggle, impact sub at most. Play Nyland, El Ghazi and Trez. El ghazi does have killer moments, and at least Trez battles; if not Trez, play Danny instead of Luiz (if we're allowed to).

Above all, SET THE TEAM UP PROPERLY. Guilbert did a great job keeping Sterling in his pocket. Letting him wander up field where the opposition can put two players on him was crass.

I’m going on holiday Thursday for a week so I cant make it :wahey:

Let’s hope JT does his research and sorts the defence out for the visit of his beloved Chelski... perhaps he’ll start the week after.

If Deano's still in bloody charge then I can't see anything other than a sloppy defence, conceding of easy goals, our main threat marginalised on LW, and an inevitable loss from players with their confidence and motivation ebbing away ever lower. Bloody great :shake:

As with every game, I'll go into this with blind optimism, maybe something will happen, home advantage, a huge win.

But I'm sure yet again it will turn out even worse than I could fear.

It's really not easy being a villa fan is it. Bla bla bla I wouldnt change it for the world bla bla bla. Still bloody hard!

don't know if he'd be available (altho can't see Chelsea being arsed) but seems Drinky might have his excellent loan spell cut short for headbutting Jota (presumably he was slow enough to catch)

ho hum
BBM - I know this, but for your own sake edit with a link to the Daily Fail article mate.