Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread - Sun 21 June - 4.15pm | Page 7 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread - Sun 21 June - 4.15pm

football of the future?

If you notice the commentary after Chelsea scored ‘most managers would have said keep it tight at the back, things have now got to change’

Deano watching this is sat at home with his arms folded shaking his head ‘that’s not how I play’ 😆

Encouraging signs against Sheffield United, but ultimately, we failed to get the win we so desperately needed. Can we get the ball rolling against Chelsea on Sunday?

Who knows, will we be fitter than them or will we be tired, Time will tell.
Frank won't sit back or give us any respect that's for sure.
Hopefully, we'll be that yard quicker than them SJM might be that bit fitter than last night when I forgot he was playing.
Chelsea are better than us but so are very team we have to play , just have to get on with it

I’m hopeful no matter how much fitness work Chelsea do it’s not game time which we now have.
Chelsea have been hit and miss. At times really good then the following week they can’t do anything right.

Smith always seemed to have the measure of Franks sides, hoping that trend continues.

Difficult game. I would say we can beat these by showing better energy and fitness, we have to take the advantage of already playing a proper game.

For me I’d bring in Nakamba for Hourihane and Elmo for Konsa at full back to provide more energy and mobility in the middle of the pitch and down the wing. If we play at a slow pace or too passively we will let them into the game and their quality will take over. I’d also maybe make some tweaks maybe Trez for El Ghazi, Samatta for Davis and maybe switch the keepers (although really a choice between the lesser of two evils, both keepers look woeful)

I'm half tempted to stick with the same side and subs. Having some fairly strong subs to bring on helped us avoid a slump, while the team we put out seemed to click. Question is, seeing as overall Davis had a good game, do we start him and see if he can find the net this time, or do we play Samatta as a more proven goalscorer?