Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 96 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

What a place. So sad that those days are long since gone. I moved to the US shortly before the Holte was demolished. Whenever I come back now I can never bring myself to buy a seat in the Holte and always end up in the Trinity. Not sure why... I think getting into the Holte End was all about choosing where you would stand once you got through the turnstile. In the early days it was behind the goal (never did get Peter Withe's sweatbands mind you) and then later I would go up the back - always left-side. Occasionally, if I had somewhere to be after the match I'd stand below the scoreboard in the corner, or lean against the floodlight. The atmosphere at the back when the Holte was in full voice was simply electric.

After watching Alan Hutton score that goal against Blues YouTube then lead me into Jack getting clumped by that bluenose bastard.
Whatever happened to any FA punishment for that.
They should have had the ground closed at the very least, but as usual they got away with it.
Could be a long morning on YouTube.

After watching Alan Hutton score that goal against Blues YouTube then lead me into Jack getting clumped by that bluenose bastard.
Whatever happened to any FA punishment for that.
They should have had the ground closed at the very least, but as usual they got away with it.
Could be a long morning on YouTube.

I hope you saw me hugging Andre Green when we scored.