Aston Villa Away To Wolves Match Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Away To Wolves Match Thread

After a run of relatively easy games this will be a true test of our promotion credentials. I am not convinced by us yet but a win tomorrow would go a long way. Although with the likes of Neves, Jota and Costa (the best player that I saw at VP last season) I think Wolves have more quality, they also have weaknesses. Their defence is not great and if we can frustrate them we are more than capable of getting something. I would agree that it has to be De Laet at left back, otherwise stick with a winning 11. Prediction? I think Wolves will have a bit too much for us so 2-1 Wolves.

we're on a good run of form but we are yet to do it against one of the top teams in the league. I'd snap your hand off for a draw but I also hope Bruce doesn't set us up to be negative. We have the players to do the damage.

danvilla2 - 13/10/2017 20:51

De Laet at LB for me.

Big game, personally I have a fair contingent of dingle mates so this game is a must win. Think it'll be tough, I'd take a 0-0 to honest any day of the week.

First and foremost I think we need to keep it tight in midfield, keep men behind the ball and look to counter. I think Davis and Kodjia are important in the game defensively, I think they need to get behind the ball where possible and try to hold it up at the other end if we are up against it.

Be the sort of game where if we come out of it with a point (or even three), it'll be the unsung heros of Terry and Whelan who dig in to get us there.

I'm not saying we have to be negative after four league wins on the bounce but let's not be out of the game after half an hour conceding easy goals.

:35: Agree Danvilla, has to be RDL at left back for me. Only concern is his lack of match fitness but Hutton is too much of a liability when in his normal position let alone on the left! Also imperative we keep it tight which as you say, doesn't mean you set up negatively. Use the two banks of four effectively with JK and KD helping out when necessary and hit them quickly on the break. Looking forward to this one despite the fact that we're sitting right in the bloody corner by the flag.....be nice to taunt the Wolves fans from there when we score though....! 2-1 to the Villa boys. :94:

If we want promotion we must beat the top teams in the league. We couldn't do it last season so this will be a good test of where we really are as unless wolves have a really bad day we aren't going to be able to just rely on a bit of luck or Kodjia magic to get us 3 points.

I've a wolves supporting mate at work who has been annoyingly cheerful the last few months so it would be nice to see him miserable on Monday morning. It speaks volumes for the lack of optimism in Midlands football fans that both of us think our sides will lose.

De Laet at left back for me and if he's fit Jedinak over Whelan. Whelan is a worker certainly but after 30 minutes or so the bloke has nothing left in the tank. I've a feeling that Bruce will set us up not to lose rather than to win the game, which I understand as a point would be a good result but we need to start beating the team's in the promotion places. Apparently wolves biggest weakness is their defence so why not have a proper go and exploit that.

This is a big test today. Win and I'll genuinely start thinking we are contenders. At the moment I'm leaning towards a narrow loss but the closer we get towards kick off my optimism will surface.

Safe journey to all those going to Wolverhampton tonight. Just keep your wits about you, there will be a few of these about tonight...

Attachments

• Dingles.jpg
    Dingles.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 0
This has the potential for Wolves pace to catch our back four out, and I hope we dont conceed early and encourage them.
Expect Bruce to revert to type and go looking for the draw and hope for a smash and grab from Kodjia or Davies.
Heart says draw 0-0. but head says Wolves win.

I like his pre-match talk of not sitting back looking for a point. Hope this pans out, the confidence will soar if we win this one and win it well.

Buzzing!

To be fair we all know what Hutton is like but De Laet is a total unknown quantity isn't he ?
I think I've seen him twice so far , not even made the bench lately has he , is he even fit ?

So are we picking him on the basis that anyone has to be better than the Scottish Cafu ?

Anyway I think we have bigger worries than left back , like it's still warm enough for the Portuguese to perform .
We need to be at them because if we try and tippy tap about we'll come second

I am currently lapping up some rays in Cape Verde which means it'll be 3:30pm here when we kick off. Does anyone know if I'll be able to watch a stream from poolside?

Ricardomeister2 - 13/10/2017 21:42

After a run of relatively easy games this will be a true test of our promotion credentials. I am not convinced by us yet but a win tomorrow would go a long way. Although with the likes of Neves, Jota and Costa (the best player that I saw at VP last season) I think Wolves have more quality, they also have weaknesses. Their defence is not great and if we can frustrate them we are more than capable of getting something. I would agree that it has to be De Laet at left back, otherwise stick with a winning 11. Prediction? I think Wolves will have a bit too much for us so 2-1 Wolves.

After seeing the starting elevens, I’m now going 3-1 Wolves.

So, Hutton gets the nod. At least he'll give a shift to the shirt. De Laet?, bit of an unknown quantity really.

Ok, COME ON YOU LIONS!!!!