Aston Villa Away To Wolves Match Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Away To Wolves Match Thread

Mini heatwave this weekend isn't it? That'll suit all the portuguese Wolves players. Damn.

I've predicted the lat 2 results spot on. (I said Easy win v Burton and 1-0 against Bolton), so I'll take a think and let you all know where to put your money. :14:

McParlandTheGreat - 11/10/2017 22:35

There's a high probability that Wolves will score. I think Whelan's lack of pace will be shown up. To counter that we have to score, and to do that we have to go out with that intention. If Bruce is too cautious we're doomed.

Don't necessarily think a cautious approach will be a disaster. From what I've seen of Wolves if we try to play open, expansive football that'll play straight into their hands. The tighter the game, the more we get in their face, closing them down, stopping them play the free flowing football they want to play, the more difficult they will find it and that will hopefully allow us to hit them on the break. Don't think we can afford to go all out, gong ho. Think that is more likely to lead to a defeat.

John Terry 40/1 first or last goal. They can’t defend set pieces for toffee. Time to lump on him to get his customary header goal, flashed in from a set piece :30:

Was talking to a Wolves fan today, he says they are very good going fwd but dodgy at the back - he goes to all their games

Win this and it will be a huge statement to the rest of the league.

Shame the international break got in the way as rolling straight from 4 wins into this game would have given us the edge. Not sure now.

Draw would be decent result aswell.

Aston Villa go to Molineux as the visitors to Wolves today, this will be a 5:30pm kick-off.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523682">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Tough game this one. Wolves playing well this season and on home soil it gives them a slight advantage. Local derby games can be unpredictable affairs though, Villa having hit some form at long last will want to keep the momentum going - for me this looks like a hard fought 1:1 draw, not the worst result by any means. Next 2 games after this will test just how far Villa have progressed, Fulham are decent and then of course we go to the Sty for a blood and thunder battle.

Of all our local rivals I have respect for Wolves and to a lesser degree Albion because at least both clubs can boast a very successful history in the game with trophies unlike a certain club that plays in blue

Steve Bruce ahead of the crunch clash with Wolverhampton Wanderers and on his first year anniversary at Aston Villa.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523683">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

I thought he simply wasn’t being picked, the only game I’d like to see him in is the blues game just to wind them up :15:

(Apparently it’s his birthday today too)

I'm going for a 2-1 Villa win. Lets see if I can make it 3 out of 3.

Just think we now have more players who know what these big derby games are about. Expect a lot of fight from the likes of Terry, Whelan, Davis, Adomah etc..

Hopefully tip the balance in our favour

De Laet at LB for me.

Big game, personally I have a fair contingent of dingle mates so this game is a must win. Think it'll be tough, I'd take a 0-0 to honest any day of the week.

First and foremost I think we need to keep it tight in midfield, keep men behind the ball and look to counter. I think Davis and Kodjia are important in the game defensively, I think they need to get behind the ball where possible and try to hold it up at the other end if we are up against it.

Be the sort of game where if we come out of it with a point (or even three), it'll be the unsung heros of Terry and Whelan who dig in to get us there.

I'm not saying we have to be negative after four league wins on the bounce but let's not be out of the game after half an hour conceding easy goals.

Well so far the teams in the promotion and play-off places have failed to win this weekend. Let's hope that continues tomorrow.