Ashley v Rafa | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ashley v Rafa

When you registered did you get an email from them that you then had to activate Ry ?

I can see a lot of unverified signatures dating back from 21st July to the present.

Maybe as you said somethings amiss.
Aye,just back from a night & day in the fells & then our city,no orange moon but the jets flew their red white & blue over the dank skies & then to Sunderland,there was an email,just checked.Dark days.

Furthermore, I see the Rondon bid has stalled... https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/08/ne...mon-rondon-and-talks-have-stalled-sky-sports/[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear, he is poor in my view. I would rather just keep Gayle. I am not convinced by "he who must never be criticized" Rafa's eye for a striker. Lets not forget he signed Joselu. Ok he only had £5m to spend but that is about £4.99m over the odds for the dopey plank. The less said about that donkey he wanted to spend £20m on in January the better. Then he paid a big loan fee for an injured Slimani, what a pile of shite, even when fit.

These modern managers just seem to be playing fantasy football to me. You here about all of these big signings coming in for daft money and then when you see them play its hard to justify the price. They are just hoying money around like drunken sailors.

As for that fat bastard Ashley. Did we ever think he would change? Why would he? He will let Rafa walk (whenever), ignore the daft songs and the protests, and just carry on regardless.

Just a personal opinion but I think Ashley is in a world of trouble financially.

His business model has always been to buy cheap and sell high, pouncing on companies when shares are low with the hope of building up the business and then selling at a profit.

Unfortunately retail is on its arse, House of Fraser (big share holder) is in real trouble and needs a £50 million injection to keep going, Debenhams is also in trouble (big shareholder) and shiteditect is in trouble

So he is likely shifting cash around to support his other interests but even if he uses NUFC as a form of finance it’s very limited- sell Lascelles and yes helps, but only short term.

Perhaps and just maybe he will ring the neck out of us one more time and then sell up - without the assets to sell quickly he is limited and needs his money elsewhere

Just my thoughts

Perhaps and just maybe he will ring the neck out of us one more time and then sell up - without the assets to sell quickly he is limited and needs his money elsewhere

I hope so JT.....
the very fact that he didn't snatch Staveley and her backers hands off for the £250m offered suggests he is not worried though.

That said we are not privy to all that goes on behind the scene and it's entirely possible his manager having only one year left on his contract is more significant than we think.

The one thing we can be sure about is that when he does go he will be quids up plus we can expect the added bonus of an act of spite on his behalf.

PM perhaps in the world of business 250 million might not have been enough for what he needs medium term

Maybe Staverly,s group know and chucked in a stupid offer as a tester

As you stated we aren’t privy to any of this so it’s guess work and opinion only

But in a business world it’s who blinks first - 450 million is maybe what he needs to raise ant tbh we are worth that much as a city with one club

I don't think Ashley is going to be in much trouble. When you look back, he sold a stake in his retail brand which gave him enough cash to last several lifetimes. Some has gone into property development, some in buying NUFC, he has dabbled in the film industry and remember he has his yacht and chopper. He can always make more by selling shares when relatively high and buying back when relatively low, still keeping control. He uses deals to support other retailers in order to gain leverage later.

Just an opinion but there is his ego too. I hear from friends who deal with his Shirebrook site about his management style which sounds obnoxious. I suspect that it is a bit of fun for him to thwart a world class manager and he just wants to win the battle of wills.

Are you saying Benitez is thick rex ?

He's had eight predecessors,news of a high profile court case involving KK, news of a summons by MP's for Ashley to explain SD working practises,and general insider football knowledge to learn about his boss.

Clearly Ashley isn't paying him 4-6 million a year for his nous.

For a top class Manager to put up with this nonsense is bizarre.
It's not as though Ashley is being asked to pay a fortune in transfer, just enough to make us competitive, and he is not even doing that.
Someone I know was in attendance with Ashley when he took over the club and Ashley said there was no way the people on Tyneside were going to run the club.
His intention is purely money making and to spend the least amount possible.
Of course he is buoyed by 52,000 turning up week after week regardless of his antics.
Looks like another yes man may be returning Beardsley, who like Charnley, would not get a job at any other Premiership club.
Benitex is either resigned to working under Ashley until he feels like leaving or he knows something we and everyone else outside of Ashley and his cronies doesn't.
I do not mind the signings so far, keeper and Kennedy class, decent striker in the Japanese but to think that Joeslu and Gayle are still 1st team squad is a negative, neither good enough.
Who knows what's going on.

Are you saying Benitez is thick rex ?

He's had eight predecessors,news of a high profile court case involving KK, news of a summons by MP's for Ashley to explain SD working practises,and general insider football knowledge to learn about his boss.

Clearly Ashley isn't paying him 4-6 million a year for his nous.
Far from being thick, I would suggest that he is more of a romantic. Any reasonable person might expect Ashley to learn from his mistakes. Sadly, Ashley isn't reasonable but has managed to hide it from the press for a long time. If given the chance, who of us wouldn't want to be the person to resurrect what Ashley once described as "the jewel in the crown"?

I don't know about your employment background but I have certainly been in the position, with a passion for patient welfare, that a potential employer has seemed to learn that an ethical approach and putting patients and customers at the centre is the right way to go. We still have those romantic notions that we can polish turds.

0-4 against Braga tonight. Lots of positives, Fraser and Debenham in the pipeline. What can go wrong?

Hi Rexn your probably right - I noticed tonight that an investor has pullec out of saving House of Fraser - I am sure Ashley has shares in this, so does he need money for a full takeover - SD isn’t doing well and neither ora ny of his other retail outlets

Say what you want about Rafa and the why's and why not's of him being here but there's been no-one better for the politics.

Tonight's quote says it all.

'Our fans are very clever. They know what is going on.'

Anyone know where the TV money is? Bournemouth seem to have found it. Has SDU’s been sent to the wrong account?

Last edited:
More Rafa:

Am I optimistic, thinking that in ten days, we can do what we didn’t do in two months? I don’t think so. But, still, I think it’s obvious we need people, we need bodies.

Sky Sports: Rafa, are you close to any new signings?

Rafa: I have no idea.

The shit is hitting the fan and there's cause for constructive dismissal with some of the quotes as it's the first time since KeeganGate, that some things have come out.

Rafa: We can talk, and be close (to a deal), but after we are not so close. I have no idea.

We've an idea alright and it was Keegan himself who exposed what goes on behind the scenes when the club personally scupper deals and it's what we've suspected all along.

Say what you want about Rafa and the why's and why not's of him being here but there's been no-one better for the politics.

Tonight's quote says it all.

'Our fans are very clever. They know what is going on.'
The players have agreed not to give interviews after games at the moment. Something is up. Let Penfold to do the talking instead, now that could be interesting.

Every thing we have suspected and written about on this forum for over ten years about Ashley and co has been laid bare tonight by Rafa. He has basically said that he's being lied to and sent up the garden path in his pursuit of trying to make the club better or have some sort of ambition.

For me, he's drawn the battle lines and this season is written off now in a footballing sense and is all about getting Ashley out by whatever means.

It's what I hoped would happen and it's time for everyone to do their bit in making sure the cancer is eradicated out of the city.