Ashley v Rafa | Page 4 | Vital Football

Ashley v Rafa

Anyone know where the TV money is? Bournemouth seem to have found it. Is SDU’s been sent to the wrong account?
Yes, someone knows where the TV money is, Ashley does.

We shall find out next March or April when the accounts come out.

Frankly, I believe the reports that Ashley would not release funds until Rafa signed a new contract. I believe that Rafa would not sign a new contract until he was given funds to invest.

I can picture Ashley rubbing his hands and saying he got one over on the manager who had the most comprehensive range of titles in world football. Almost "look at me, I'm bigger than Rafa Bentiez" Well, we know his arse and belly are bigger anyway.

Any relegation is down to Ashley. If it costs him £300m in club valuation, at least he taught Rafa who is boss at NUFC. So what if the best manager he can attract is Sam Allardyce, well maybe not, never again, Billy Nomates. Ashley may have got his wife back after she had a child by another man but hey, he won in the end over Rafa. £300m is a small price to pay to overcome a self image of emasculation.

Any supporters who keep going after that lot deserve what they get. I can almost hear the lone voice chanting "there's only one Billy Nomates or two if you count Ashley".

Ok, there are 8 days left in the window. Things could change. However, for many of us the club is dead. Oh for Amanda Lazarus-Staveley.

There are some good football club owners in the world. I have played golf several times with a director of Lincoln City. They may not be rich but at least they are honest. I might be spending more time at Sincil Bank next season.

What was the question again? Oh, we shall find out when the accounts come out.

I guess we'll soon find out as we're live on TV next Saturday.

There’s been hundreds of them on various pages on Facebook over recent days saying no matter what Ashley does he’ll never stop them attending. I hope they’re going to accept their part of the blame for this.

There’s been hundreds of them on various pages on Facebook over recent days saying no matter what Ashley does he’ll never stop them attending. I hope they’re going to accept their part of the blame for this.

Just going off social media, it really does feel as if something will be done this time. All it takes is one nutter to forget their medication and we could have a game changer.

We'll find out soon enough.

Every thing we have suspected and written about on this forum for over ten years about Ashley and co has been laid bare tonight by Rafa. He has basically said that he's being lied to and sent up the garden path in his pursuit of trying to make the club better or have some sort of ambition.

For me, he's drawn the battle lines and this season is written off now in a footballing sense and is all about getting Ashley out by whatever means.

It's what I hoped would happen and it's time for everyone to do their bit in making sure the cancer is eradicated out of the city.

He's bleating FFS.

"I don't know" and "ask Lee Charnley" is hardly a battle cry.

If he walks now (see KK) Ashley will have pressure he does not need.

Instead he will probably see out his contract and guide the team to another mediocre premier league place whilst bleating through transfer windows.

Who honestly believes that will heap the pressure on Ashley ?

The people who support him are as much to blame as those that attend.

He should change his name to Rafa Bleatnitez

Do you think he’ll get SDU to safety? Even Wolves and Fulham have got better squads than SDU, let alone first 11.

It's time for Benitez to stop fucking about and tell it like it is. Is Charnley so incompetent he cant's get the deals over the line?... is Justin Barnes pulling the plug on the transfer deals?... or has the fat **** got a deliberate policy of not investing?

I think we all know the answers and a bloke who talks to Charnley on a daily basis according to himself, surely can't have no fucking clue what's going on. SAYING IT LIKE IT FUCKING IS AND STOP FUCKING ABOUT. You can't be sacked for being honest and even if you are you'll get your contract paid up.

Rafa really isn't doing the fans or the players any good just whining and moaning to the media.

Do you think he’ll get SDU to safety? Even Wolves and Fulham have got better squads than SDU, let alone first 11.

Other teams spent much more money and supposedly had better squads last year OM yet finished below us.

We were top of the shite.

That was clearly down to Benitez who is several classes above what they had in terms of tactics and the results were there for everyone to see.

It's why Ashley chose him.

Why will it be different this year ?

I think we all know the answers and a bloke who talks to Charnley on a daily basis according to himself, surely can't have no fucking clue what's going on.

Spot on vin.
Didn't the manager also make a recent claim about his and Ashley's relationship being better than people imagined ?
It should be shit based on what we see from the outside.

He really needs to walk now. From the outside all I see is Barnes and Ashley ignoring the club, a small part of his empire that ticks along nicely with match day attendances and sales. He may have a glance in January if we’re in trouble, he’s not and has never been interested in football, but plenty for a parasite to hang on to.

Far from being thick, I would suggest that he is more of a romantic. Any reasonable person might expect Ashley to learn from his mistakes. Sadly, Ashley isn't reasonable but has managed to hide it from the press for a long time. If given the chance, who of us wouldn't want to be the person to resurrect what Ashley once described as "the jewel in the crown"?

I don't know about your employment background but I have certainly been in the position, with a passion for patient welfare, that a potential employer has seemed to learn that an ethical approach and putting patients and customers at the centre is the right way to go. We still have those romantic notions that we can polish turds.

I agree with the principle of what you are saying rex and if it were Benitez who chose us I might be singing from the same hymn sheet but it was Ashley who chose Benitez.

Rafa would be far more convincing if he came out and challenged the boss who is not even bothering to hide the fact that he taking the piss.

He should be kicking down doors and making demands.

Instead he is picking up his wages whilst appearing content to let the fans do the work.

Having a similar discussion over the road

The focus always seems to be on the manager, whether it be anti or pro

52,000 turn up each week to either protest against a manager or support one

Meanwhile Ashley is laughing his little cock off

Why is it proving so difficult to focus on the one man responsible ??

Ashley's played a blinder mc.

He's dangled a "world class manager" in front of us and the majority have taken a massive bite..

It's so fucking frustrating that people are more easily galvanised into keeping Ashley's carrot than getting rid of their torturer in chief.

exactly PM

It's like having a nightmare neighbour who you can't wait to get shot of but most of the street keeps turning up and plumping his cushions and doing the decorating

fuckin madness

Having a similar discussion over the road

The focus always seems to be on the manager, whether it be anti or pro

52,000 turn up each week to either protest against a manager or support one

Meanwhile Ashley is laughing his little cock off

Why is it proving so difficult to focus on the one man responsible ??

It's so difficult because there's far too many little groups of fans belittling the efforts before they've even started.

We may be in the main on here in that we're mostly aged between the ages of 30 and 55 (sorry McNamee) with a general agreement on what to do but that's forgetting that the vast majority dont frequent message boards. In general, there needs to be leadership.

Those that have walked have no voice now, aside from rants on the likes of here or other social media. The replacements for them in the way of young bairn or student will just jack things in with no fanfare as there's no attachment felt like we all experienced in our various scenarios of following the club in yesteryear.

Personally I reckon a public battle needs to be had with a spearhead of someone like Keegan to form a group similar to the old Magpie Group with their solitary goal to oust or buy Ashley out with the backing of the city or fans. The indirect message to starve Ashley of funds via his 'other' interests needs to be underlined and may well be followed through by the rest of the country.

This is more than just Ashley v The future of NUFC, it's rife through football with various people manipulating the addictions of our national sport.

exactly PM

It's like having a nightmare neighbour who you can't wait to get shot of but most of the street keeps turning up and plumping his cushions and doing the decorating

fuckin madness
Well that's a better analogy than the Samantha Fox Teresa May attempt I just read:hmmm:

It's so difficult because there's far too many little groups of fans belittling the efforts before they've even started.

We may be in the main on here in that we're mostly aged between the ages of 30 and 55 (sorry McNamee) with a general agreement on what to do but that's forgetting that the vast majority dont frequent message boards. In general, there needs to be leadership.

Those that have walked have no voice now, aside from rants on the likes of here or other social media. The replacements for them in the way of young bairn or student will just jack things in with no fanfare as there's no attachment felt like we all experienced in our various scenarios of following the club in yesteryear.

Personally I reckon a public battle needs to be had with a spearhead of someone like Keegan to form a group similar to the old Magpie Group with their solitary goal to oust or buy Ashley out with the backing of the city or fans. The indirect message to starve Ashley of funds via his 'other' interests needs to be underlined and may well be followed through by the rest of the country.

This is more than just Ashley v The future of NUFC, it's rife through football with various people manipulating the addictions of our national sport.

We've had the issue of Ashley raised on our behalf in parliament without so much as a whimper from our city toony.

We've had the issue of Ashley raised on our behalf in parliament without so much as a whimper from our city toony.

To be fair I think a lot of people are confused by what the thing means anyway. A petition was submitted but would never have been resolved there and then anyway. Im sure there's more to come from this.