Ashes Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Ashes Thread

Australia still quite rightly firm favourites but thanks to Mr. Jofra it has gone from a series that was likely to drift and peter out to one that could have some proper test intensity to the end. Time for the young man to perfect his middle and leg yorker and then we really could see some dancing about from the Aussies.

Needed another 15 -20 overs , there.

Our bowling attack is absolutely fine. As ever, it's our batting that will decide things.

Fantastic by Archer and Broad today. Australia 174 all out. Any news on Jimmy. He may well be history now.

Fantastic by Archer and Broad today. Australia 174 all out. Any news on Jimmy. He may well be history now.
Apparently he was doing some bowling practice after close of play. Great bowling comeback, by Archer in particular; when I switched on commentary to drive home they were saying how poor England' bowling was, but once they got rid of vice-cheat Warner....

Watching him live and side on last Saturday , Stuart Broad 'seemed' to generate more pace with his longer run up and action, when Archer came into bowl, shorter run up, his pace came from his final arm action, starting in the late 80's mph, building up to steadily to the low to mid 90's. At Lords he didn't make the batsmen play as many as he should, but maybe this time he is. Just hope we don't over bowl him, he is still very inexperienced at this level. Great to watch !

What a delivery that was from Broad to bowl Head. I don’t know the amount of deviation from it’s original angle but it looked huge to me, good luck to anyone trying to play that.

What a disgusting shot from Stokes! Ridiculous to play that in a T20, let alone at 34-3 in a test match!