ARTICLE: Exciting Forward To Join In January - HAVE A READ & DISCUSS HERE! | Page 2 | Vital Football

ARTICLE: Exciting Forward To Join In January - HAVE A READ & DISCUSS HERE!

Very surprised by this signing. I've watched him a fair bit this season and I can't say I've been over impressed by him.

First things first, he is not an attacking midfielder and plays absolutely nothing like in the mould of Mandroiu. Duff plays him as an out and out centre forward, that is his role and is built more in the mould of House.

Must be a development signing because I really dont think he is ready for League 1 football and will probably be 23 before he could possibly play next season so needs to hit the ground running.

Will be interesting to see how this one develops. I wish him well but he is going to have to step up a few gears if he wants to make the grade over here.

Pre- contract agreement with Imps
According to BBC Lincs, cannot play until January and compensation payable
Thread merged into already existing thread...

Always difficult to judge from the snippets that are available but looks to have mosts of the tools in the box to be an asset.
Good size, mobile and some ability.

Our recruitment success rate seems to have improved recently with the extra investment coming in .....surprisingly enough

...less gambles needed and more likely successes available to us.

...so I reckon we might have another good one on our books with room to get better.

Time will tell.

Very surprised by this signing. I've watched him a fair bit this season and I can't say I've been over impressed by him.

First things first, he is not an attacking midfielder and plays absolutely nothing like in the mould of Mandroiu. Duff plays him as an out and out centre forward, that is his role and is built more in the mould of House.

Must be a development signing because I really dont think he is ready for League 1 football and will probably be 23 before he could possibly play next season so needs to hit the ground running.

Will be interesting to see how this one develops. I wish him well but he is going to have to step up a few gears if he wants to make the grade over here.
Thankfully, you are not a Club Scout or Director of Football, and I would anticipate that you know very little about recruitment or talent?? However happy to buy you a beer when you are proved correct however as you suggest we won't know for a few years. hit or miss?

Thankfully, you are not a Club Scout or Director of Football, and I would anticipate that you know very little about recruitment or talent?? However happy to buy you a beer when you are proved correct however as you suggest we won't know for a few years. hit or miss?
Just my personal opinion dom but your right i did my coaching badges when you only had two levels, preliminary and full so ill be miles behind on how much they have over complicated the system these days. I have watched him in full games on numerous occasions this season, not just his 30 seconds greatest hits clips but I will be more than happy if he comes in and eventually turns into a 20 goal a season striker....then I'll buy you a beer 🍺....but we'll see.

Just my personal opinion dom but your right i did my coaching badges when you only had two levels, preliminary and full so ill be miles behind on how much they have over complicated the system these days. I have watched him in full games on numerous occasions this season, not just his 30 seconds greatest hits clips but I will be more than happy if he comes in and eventually turns into a 20 goal a season striker....then I'll buy you a beer 🍺....but we'll see.

I would definitely not ignore Clanford's opinion, as I know he watched many full League Of Ireland games, especially when Draper and Ahui were over there.

Its a very interesting signing. I would not place any great emphasis on what the press say is his best position as our recruitment team must have identified something in him that will fit into our system. From what Clanford says though, I doubt if that position will be as an out and out striker. As much as we need one!

He doesn’t need to be a club scout or director to pass his opinion.

Have you seen many games he’s been involved in, to counter the points he has made? Or is it just a case of anyone not being happy clappy to be in the wrong.

anyways let’s hope he does proves you right!

To whoever is right .. enjoy the pint 🤣

No one ever knows if any new signing at any club is going to be a success.
Only time will tell.
But our recent history of signings from the emerald Isle have been an overwhelming success. Look at Roughan and Mandriou. Duffy as also shown signs of being a cracking signing as well.
It must be something in the water in Lincolnshire!