ARTICLE: Exciting Forward To Join In January - HAVE A READ & DISCUSS HERE! | Page 4 | Vital Football

ARTICLE: Exciting Forward To Join In January - HAVE A READ & DISCUSS HERE!

Well taken goal but I would question the keeper’s positioning and failure to stop it, but that just from the vision.

You could question the keeper but I thought give credit to Moylan he had a fair bit to do from where he picked the ball up and he did place the ball with pace low across the keeper into the opposite corner.

Tough night for Moylan and his Sherbourne team mates last night away at top of the table Shamrock Rovers.

They ended up losing 1 - 0 , didn't concede to late in the game and then put Shamrock under a bit of pressure at the end looking for the equaliser.

Not a lot of service to feed off for Moylan last night but he is a grafter in the mould of House and will run and close people down and showed some good touches with one exceptional piece of skill.

A pretty decent performance tonight from Shelbourne in their 1 - 0 victory at home to Dundalk which puts them only 3 points off a Europa Conference qualification spot.

Shelbourne scored their goal in the opening 3 or 4 minutes and it was our man Moylan who went on a run in the inside right position and threaded an excellent pass through to his team mate just left of centre of the box to finish with a really well taken goal.

Moylan was involved a lot in the first half and fashioned out 2 really good chances for himself which he really should of scored from one of them and he was really mad with himself for not making the goalkeeper work.

Second half was tougher going for Shels and they didn't really create an awful lot but hung on for their 1 goal victory.

Wasn't that keen on Moylan when I first started watching him but rate him now.

He's got a bit of strength about him and has some really skillful touches and can hold the ball up and run with it...and he knows where the goal is.

In our present plight the sooner he's in the building the better. He's exactly the type of player we need at the moment.

A pretty decent performance tonight from Shelbourne in their 1 - 0 victory at home to Dundalk which puts them only 3 points off a Europa Conference qualification spot.

Shelbourne scored their goal in the opening 3 or 4 minutes and it was our man Moylan who went on a run in the inside right position and threaded an excellent pass through to his team mate just left of centre of the box to finish with a really well taken goal.

Moylan was involved a lot in the first half and fashioned out 2 really good chances for himself which he really should of scored from one of them and he was really mad with himself for not making the goalkeeper work.

Second half was tougher going for Shels and they didn't really create an awful lot but hung on for their 1 goal victory.

Wasn't that keen on Moylan when I first started watching him but rate him now.

He's got a bit of strength about him and has some really skillful touches and can hold the ball up and run with it...and he knows where the goal is.

In our present plight the sooner he's in the building the better. He's exactly the type of player we need at the moment.
Encouraging to hear Clanford. I know you weren’t over-impressed initially. Roll on January. 🤞

Good to hear some positive reports. Shelbourne's last scheduled game is on 3 November, although his contract does not expire until 30 November. I am not sure whether he will be able to join us after that last game and have two months in which to acclimatise to our training, get on method, and watch some League One football. It will probably do him good not to be playing matches for a month or two while at the same time maintaining fitness.

Good to hear some positive reports. Shelbourne's last scheduled game is on 3 November, although his contract does not expire until 30 November. I am not sure whether he will be able to join us after that last game and have two months in which to acclimatise to our training, get on method, and watch some League One football. It will probably do him good not to be playing matches for a month or two while at the same time maintaining fitness.
I would suggest he deserves a break after their season finishes. His close season to recharge his batteries. Then a mini pre-season with us to get him up to speed on mk methods and league l1 level fitness. Imo it would be a good idea to include him in a couple of behind close door friendlies as well.
if he survives all that uninjured we have someone ready to go - could he play jan 1 v Blackpool?

Pretty certain registration rules mean he can't play for us until January but as said it'll give him some rest time then training with the squad come then. Looks a useful addition to the squad

Moylan has made 35 appearances in 2023 spread over the 8 months of the LOI season to date; he has played 2842 minutes, equating to 31 full matches. There are three matches remaining. That is a decent number of games played but far less intense than we have in England which is a minimum of 51 games per season over 9 months. I suppose Lincoln have to find a balance between allowing any necessary recuperation and risking the usual non-contact injuries that occur during pre-season as players return to peak fitness. That is probably the definition of sports science.

A reminder that Shelbourne are away at Derry City tonight in the League of Ireland Premier Division, with a kick-off time of 19:45.

Please feel free to move this jules but I can't find the right place to put this.
I'm sure it was under something like'exciting young forward' but I don't know where its gone.

Moylan was back in action tonight for Shelbourne, away at 2nd in the table Derry.

Not really too much happening in the first half until Derry had a player sent off for an over the top challenge.

Moylan had a couple of half chances first half, one where he had a had a shot but pulled it and didn't get a good conact and it went wide. His second was when he recieved the ball on the edge of the 18 yard box, he tried to turn his man but failed to get a shot away on target.

Second half, having the man advantage they put Derry under a lot more pressure.

It was Moylan again who got infront of his marker from a cross and bundled the ball in the back of the net, only for it to be ruled out by the officials for handball.

Not long after he had a golden opportunity to open the scoring with a close range header but didnt judge it correctly.

He did ok again, played as a lone striker and always works hard for the team and always puts a shift in.

Last home game of the season tonight for Shelbourne and a very important one against UCD who are already relegated and Shelbourne going for a European playoff spots.

Pretty quiet first 21 minutes until a long ball is played over the top of the UCD defence into the box to Moylan who brought the ball down, turned his man and was dragged down for a definate penalty.

Moylan took the penalty himself and duly despatched it low, with power to the keepers left.

On 31 minutes Moylan again had a great opportunity from a long crossfield ball into the box, he took it down with good instant control, took it one step inside and fired it at goal to which the goalkeeper pulled off a decent save.

Shels took a while to get going second half and UCD had equalised but Shels again win a penalty to be taken by Moylan and this time he fired it high to the keepers right, giving him no chance.

Shels were pegged back again though to 2-2 by UCD but in the 84th minute another long crossfield ball into the left hand side of the UCD box was brilliantly brought down by Moylan who fired the ball low, again with power, into the opposite corner for his hatrick and to give Shels a 3-2 lead which they managed to hang on to and win the game.

Not that I saw the final minutes of the game due to the amount of pyro's that were being let off inside the ground!!

Must say this was by far Moylans best game of the season. Even the commentators were saying how much he had improved as the season had gone on.

He looks like he has all the attributes to be a good player.

He has a good build, is strong and powerful, holds off players well, can see a pass, and most importantly knows where the back of the net is.

Going to be really interesting when he joins us. I think he will only get better when he gets on to our training ground and the Sincil Bank pitch and has that better quality of players around him.

He looks the real deal to me.

Last edited: