ARTICLE: Exciting Forward To Join In January - HAVE A READ & DISCUSS HERE! | Page 3 | Vital Football

ARTICLE: Exciting Forward To Join In January - HAVE A READ & DISCUSS HERE!

Very surprised by this signing. I've watched him a fair bit this season and I can't say I've been over impressed by him.

First things first, he is not an attacking midfielder and plays absolutely nothing like in the mould of Mandroiu. Duff plays him as an out and out centre forward, that is his role and is built more in the mould of House.

Must be a development signing because I really dont think he is ready for League 1 football and will probably be 23 before he could possibly play next season so needs to hit the ground running.

Will be interesting to see how this one develops. I wish him well but he is going to have to step up a few gears if he wants to make the grade over here.
Don’t be put off from posting your personal opinion Clanford, i for one am interested in different opinions on all things LCFC. It’s too easy to follow the crowd and blow smoke up the wotsit nowadays, one of the appeals of a message board is to see different opinions whether you agree with them or not. How many times do you listen to a post match interview or read post match comments and think what the flecking hell game was he watching.

Don’t be put off from posting your personal opinion Clanford, i for one am interested in different opinions on all things LCFC. It’s too easy to follow the crowd and blow smoke up the wotsit nowadays, one of the appeals of a message board is to see different opinions whether you agree with them or not. How many times do you listen to a post match interview or read post match comments and think what the flecking hell game was he watching.
100% agree with this.
Post what you think.

It's always easy to follow the crowd ... and very often the crowd is wrong....

...whether it's - Poole and Bramall are poor signings or Kendall is an automatic goal machine or we are sleep walking to relegation...

Just put your view, stand your corner and if you turn out to be wrong, say so or if you turn out to be in the minority but right ... enjoy the smug feeling.

Very surprised by this signing. I've watched him a fair bit this season and I can't say I've been over impressed by him.

First things first, he is not an attacking midfielder and plays absolutely nothing like in the mould of Mandroiu. Duff plays him as an out and out centre forward, that is his role and is built more in the mould of House.

Must be a development signing because I really dont think he is ready for League 1 football and will probably be 23 before he could possibly play next season so needs to hit the ground running.

Will be interesting to see how this one develops. I wish him well but he is going to have to step up a few gears if he wants to make the grade over here.
in the games you have watched, do shelbourne have loads of possession and make loads of chances that he messes up - due to poor technical ability?
bearing in mind, an onlooker might not be overly impressed watching house/walker this season in a team that doesn't attack much - and generally has around 30% possession.

as a team game, it can be the team tactics, and team members you are surrounded by that can make a player look average. especially a striker.

in the games you have watched, do shelbourne have loads of possession and make loads of chances that he messes up - due to poor technical ability?
bearing in mind, an onlooker might not be overly impressed watching house/walker this season in a team that doesn't attack much - and generally has around 30% possession.

as a team game, it can be the team tactics, and team members you are surrounded by that can make a player look average. especially a striker.
Decent point and when you look at the League Shelbourne are certainly not a prolific team scoring wise but the are fairly solid defensively.

Shelbourne, along with all the teams in the league do try and get the ball on the grass as much as possible but they do struggle to mount attacks and actually score goals.

I would put them in the just above average position in terms of their standard in the league and their league position mirrors that.

They are currently 5th in a league of 10 teams. They are 11 points clear of Drogs who are 7th but Drogs have currently scored two more goals than Shelbourne so that will tell you that they are not prolific scorers but they also don't concede many and infact have conceded the least number of goals in the league so far this season.

They are just on a decent run being unbeaten in 8 league games but have only scored two goals in 2 of them games and four in another, against whipping boys UCD.

As I have said its only my current personal opinion of Moylan in the games that I have watched him in.

He's a current one goal in 3 or 4 games striker for Shelbourne and has 1 assist to his name this season but in the games I have watched him in he hasn't particularly been involved at all and hasn't stood out as a player we would be looking to sign given the type of forwards we already have on the books.

Good luck to the lad though, he's got a lot of work to do but I hope it works out for him and us.

Last edited:
What thread should we follow his remaining matches on….tempted to include in the loan thread

Just seen it, now I'm an expert of Irish football.

(sorry, should be in olive...)
I'll teach you how to use olive when I next see you.

Moylan is yet another product of our useless, inept, incompetent, clueless, negligent recruitment team, and I am astounded that you do not understand that.

Moylan scored for Shelbourne last night in a win against Cork

Took his goal well but couldn't really miss from 6 yards out after a defensive mistake.

Played as well as I have seen play in the games that I have watched him, shows well but has to be involved a lot more in games but that may come when he eventually joins us with better players around him.

Moylan scored for Shelbourne last night in a win against Cork

Took his goal well but couldn't really miss from 6 yards out after a defensive mistake.

Played as well as I have seen play in the games that I have watched him, shows well but has to be involved a lot more in games but that may come when he eventually joins us with better players around him.
Perhaps his move to Lincoln will inspire him and give him confidence in his final few games? It will be interesting to see how he performs between now and the end of November.

Perhaps his move to Lincoln will inspire him and give him confidence in his final few games? It will be interesting to see how he performs between now and the end of November.

Yes definitely. It's not easy to see because you can't see the whole pitch watching on TV but he does show for the ball a lot and does take up good positions wanting the ball into feet and he does seem to have a good instinct for goal.

With all due respect to his Shelbourne team mates I think he will benefit from having a better class of player around him when he joins us.

Yes definitely. It's not easy to see because you can't see the whole pitch watching on TV but he does show for the ball a lot and does take up good positions wanting the ball into feet and he does seem to have a good instinct for goal.

With all due respect to his Shelbourne team mates I think he will benefit from having a better class of player around him when he joins us.
Keep an eye on him for us and keep reporting back, it is all very interesting.

Moylan on target again last night for Shelbourne in a 1 - 1 draw away at Bohemians in front of just under 4500.

It was a really well taken goal in a move that started on their own 18 yard box.

The ball was fed down the left hand channel. Moylan got infront of his marker ran with the ball at pace into the left side of the penalty box and side footed ,with his right foot ,the ball at pace across the keeper into the bottom right hand corner.
Really good goal.

Moylan played in his usual position as a central striker in a 442 and showed some good touches and worked his socks off closing the opposition down which was what Duffs game plan last night.

He was much quieter in the second half as Bohs pressed relentlessly for the equaliser which eventually came with 15 minutes to go.

That goal takes him to 10 in the season, which puts him 6th in the goal scoring charts and 3 goals behind the top scorer in the league.

Well taken goal but I would question the keeper’s positioning and failure to stop it, but that just from the vision.