๐€๐‘๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐‹๐„: City Appoint Leeds United Coach As Head Coach - HAVE A READ! | Page 4 | Vital Football

๐€๐‘๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐‹๐„: City Appoint Leeds United Coach As Head Coach - HAVE A READ!

Clearly we all want the new manager to do well, as we pay our money to go and watch Lincoln City. I hope for his sake and that of the board that he makes a really good start. It is crucial that happen with who was available this time. If he actually doesn't have a Scooby Doo and we are struggling in February, and there has been no improvement, then batten down the hatches. If we are Scuba diving towards calmer waters in Spring, and we can see what the manager is trying to do (without boring us rigid), then this will be a good appointment. An interesting few months lay ahead.

A good first interview from Michael Skubala. To hear a coach state that he intends to develop a method of play based on the strengths and skills of the players currently available within the squad is a much better option than trying to impose a style of play on the players that they may struggle to deliver.
Promising times ahead.

Well after researching Skubala this past hour, sounds very promising. Good CV. Highly regarded. Well thought of in coaching and man management. Attack minded. Seems down to earth and an honest lad from Nottinghamshire. Can he translate all this into senior football management? Time will tell. But I'm right behind him. Needs time and support
I was always taught to never trust anyone from Nottinghamshire ๐Ÿ˜‰

Really good interview by Sam Ashoo (what a breath of fresh air he is) - Michael sounds very grounded and gets what the club is trying to achieve. I wish him the very best of luck and I sincerely hope the enire fan base will get heind him, the team and the club. Looking forward to seeing the project move forward - starting for me, next Tuesday at Orient

UTI

Overall I am happy the speculation is finished.

My only slight doubt about his CV is that there is a world of difference coaching youths and u21s compared to coaching seasoned pros. I hope he can make that transition. He clearly thinks it is time in his career to do that.

My only slight doubt about his CV is that there is a world of difference coaching youths and u21s compared to coaching seasoned pros. I hope he can make that transition. He clearly thinks it is time in his career to do that.
Everyone has to start somewhere Mike, We wouldnโ€™t have invented this or that without people starting out. Exciting times !

It's Tom Shaw as per the announcement
as per the announcement:
โ€˜The club will also look to make a further addition to the coaching team, with this appointment to be made in due course.โ€™
assume this will also be an assistant to the head coach

I think he has been working with the Leeds full squad since February 2023 when he stepped aside to let Gracia become Head Coach.

I was looking at Portsmouth post-cowley today, Mousinho is unbeaten in the last 27 games over last season and this, and had never managed under 21s, assisted, or head coached anywhere. I was hoping, post-Kennedy, we would go for more competitive match managementโ€ฆ but Mousinho shows how the match experience on the cv can work in your favour or count for nothing.

Welcome Michael, looking forward to seeing what your brand of football looks like. This will probably be the only thread where anyone calls you Michael as your clearly going to be referred to henceforth as Scooby Doo. Welcome Scooby.

Last edited:
as per the announcement:
โ€˜The club will also look to make a further addition to the coaching team, with this appointment to be made in due course.โ€™
assume this will also be an assistant to the head coach

โ€˜"We're also really pleased that Tom Shaw will stay as a key part of the structure as assistant head coach. He is a highly capable coach, and both we and Michael believe he will bring strong continuity and support to the new head coach.โ€โ€™

โ€˜"We're also really pleased that Tom Shaw will stay as a key part of the structure as assistant head coach. He is a highly capable coach, and both we and Michael believe he will bring strong continuity and support to the new head coach.โ€โ€™
Absolutely, teams can have two assistant head coachesโ€ฆ