𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄: City Appoint Leeds United Coach As Head Coach - HAVE A READ! | Page 3 | Vital Football

𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄: City Appoint Leeds United Coach As Head Coach - HAVE A READ!

Can’t say I’d even heard of him a week ago, but just researching him for half an hour makes for exciting reading.

Appears to be quite attack-minded and you’d hope he’d have some good contacts higher up the food chain for future transfer windows.

Says a lot that the vast majority of Leeds fans are upset he’s gone.

Looks like he prefers a back 4 too, so that’ll be interesting.

Good luck, Michael!

The Futsal coaching experience may see quicker movement of the ball to feet and sharp passing to players on the move. Set play routines may also improve.
It will be interesting to see changes in play evolve under Michael Skubala.

Sounds an exciting appointment, let’s hope so.
Don’t see many similarities to MK personally, obviously both were at Championship clubs, one club more successful than the other and working closely with Lee Bowyer then you wonder about the no dickheads rule.
Other than that MK obviously a successful player, Michael following an academic and coaching route. Obviously not exclusive but does seem more likely top level coaches don’t come from a stellar playing background nowadays . When I was a lad I think it was exclusively ex-players, or at least that’s how it felt.

Looks an encouraging appointment to me, and I would expect supporter numbers to reflect that. Just hope folks don't expect a sudden change, just gradual progress in style and substance

Just watched the video, like what I heard. In particular, the point made of assessing the players and getting a system that suits the players. Music to my ears.

I wish Michael all the best, certainly got my support and can’t wait. Maybe some bumps in the road but exciting times. Bring it on ! I couldn’t sit and watch that football for very much longer, hopefully some (positive) winds of change !

Last edited:
The Futsal coaching experience may see quicker movement of the ball to feet and sharp passing to players on the move. Set play routines may also improve.
It will be interesting to see changes in play evolve under Michael Skubala.
Yes. That caught my eye too. Let’s hope it translates well to L1.

Well after researching Skubala this past hour, sounds very promising. Good CV. Highly regarded. Well thought of in coaching and man management. Attack minded. Seems down to earth and an honest lad from Nottinghamshire. Can he translate all this into senior football management? Time will tell. But I'm right behind him. Needs time and support

Not sure what exactly is so exciting about this appointment ? Futsal coaching experience ? Really 😅?

But obviously he might be great for us, why not. Let's hope so.
Welcome and good luck.