𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄: City Appoint Leeds United Coach As Head Coach - HAVE A READ! | Page 5 | Vital Football

𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄: City Appoint Leeds United Coach As Head Coach - HAVE A READ!

I'm both delighted and relieved that our board have been strong enough to stick to the principles of what they want for the football club.

Lots of people seemed to think that our only way forward was to go backwards and get the Cowley boys in.

This appointment for me demonstrates that the people running the playing side are casting their nets wide and thinking outside the box.
I have no idea at this stage whether our new manager/ coach will gets us playing the kind of football we all want to see.

What is clear to me is the way the club now has the ability to take its time and pick who they want running the team, even if it's taken a bit longer than some fans would have liked.

I like the way our club conducts itself now

What I like about him is that he comes across as someone who doesn't just want to improve the players but someone who wants to improve himself at the same time. I for one am quite looking forward to what he has to offer and hopeful he can improve the players to get them to preform to their full potential.

I'm both delighted and relieved that our board have been strong enough to stick to the principles of what they want for the football club.

Lots of people seemed to think that our only way forward was to go backwards and get the Cowley boys in.

This appointment for me demonstrates that the people running the playing side are casting their nets wide and thinking outside the box.
I have no idea at this stage whether our new manager/ coach will gets us playing the kind of football we all want to see.

What is clear to me is the way the club now has the ability to take its time and pick who they want running the team, even if it's taken a bit longer than some fans would have liked.

I like the way our club conducts itself now
I think there are a lot of similarities between the two them. Who knows if we were interested and vice versa.

Compared to some of the names mention this seems a decent move.

He speaks well and doesn’t seem to have an ego.

At least one thing with a poor league one this year it does take the pressure off on that we can make steady improvements without being cast adrift

Really interesting appointment

Good interview here regarding Futsal -

Comes across as someone incredibly intelligent and is a natural coach, communicates incredibly well. Does this translate to a first team environment where results matter? Who knows? He's not going to be a coach who rants or raves but I think given time. we'll be incredibly well drilled and players will know what to do.

We need to get behind him from the start but also temper our expectations. He won't have a magic wand and needs to get to know the squad before he can start making a difference.
He seems a modest guy and not somebody who is going to make rash promises he can't fulfil. Let's all give him a chance and whatever happens initially don't get on his back.
The club have done a brilliant job at blindsided everybody on this appointment the bookies, pundits etc have virtually connected everybody but him for the job.

If you want to read a comprehensive article by Michael about Michael to see what he's about and how he started in coaching, this is good. Very unconventional. Already linked to I'm sure, but in case anyone has missed it.

Marvellous news and a clear demonstration of the club setting about things in the correct way. Lack of speculation for most of the time prior to the announcement evidences professional conduct by all concerned - quite rare in football these days.

I wish Michael every success with our club - and hope that our fans get behind him from the start. A good start is that he will be quite easy to create songs and chants for...

Come on you Imps!!!!!!©

My twopence worth:

Clive Nate’s and board appointments

The Cowley's, superb choice got the club out of the misery of the conference and earned the club an amount of money and coverage which helped build amongst other things the epic centre and a hugely enlarged fan base.

MA always had a tough act to follow from the Cowleys but took us 90 minutes away from the championship. I thought he was a good coach, who didn’t quite connect with the fans. I remember the fans forum when asked a question which wasn’t the brightest, came across as aggressive with the fan, who was probably a season ticket holder and helped pay his wages.

We played some superb football under him, but under the era of playing out from the back, I always got the impression even if we were on our own goal line we had to pass it out. Where as the big boys in the premier league knew when it was time to kick long and in to touch when under immense pressure.

MK Under whelmed by his appointment but up until the Burton game built a team that fought for each other and we were roughly mid table when he left. This season would of been a nightmare for any manager given the amount of injuries. Especially up top, but did feel watching games where would a goal come from.

TS : Again he had the problems with injury but think he did ok in the time as interim manager and the players at his disposal.

Never heard of today’s appointment but wish him good luck, and thank the board for there investments and time, so we are not playing Eastleigh and Woking and have the ambition if nothing else to aim for the playoffs.

My only disagreement is the back room staff situation let him bring all his own in else we’re just going to have snippets of multiple management teams in at once