𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄: City Appoint Leeds United Coach As Head Coach - HAVE A READ! | Page 6 | Vital Football

𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄: City Appoint Leeds United Coach As Head Coach - HAVE A READ!

I have to say I’ve just say and watched the interview after coming out of work and if people still aren’t happy or sure about this guy after hearing how he speaks then nothing will ever sway your opinion.

I feel as much as Leeds are a big club as well, they wouldn’t put someone in even for an interim basis unless they didn’t think very highly of him so the fact he was in charge of the first team for a couple of games says a hell of a lot.

Hats off to Clive, Liam & Jez

Time to back him and the players now starting with trouncing mr evans and co on Saturday.

As usual here in Aus I’ve just woken up to the news about Michael Skubala’s appointment, so excuse me for being a few hours behind. First, welcome aboard the Lincoln Loco Michael. In reading this thread and the snippets attached about him we have once again brought in someone virtually nobody had heard of but I think, again, the Board appears to have done a great job with their appointment. I kept off the rumours thread as much as I could about the speculation on who the manager might be and why the Board were taking so long because I just found some of the posts so frustrating and irritating, although occasionally funny. I had every faith in the Board and was quite happy to be patient and let them do their work. No doubt he has an interesting background but the thing that stuck out for me was his background in Futsal and his involvement in the game and thinking behind such issues as creative movement and how to move the opposition around to create that space and then use it quickly and effectively. It will be really interesting to see how MS translates that into the game and with the players he has. To me, I think this is one of the areas where we are strongly lacking at the moment and I will be very interested to see how the likes of Mandriou, Erhahon, Hamilton, Smith, etc take to that type of coaching. I think they are exactly the type of players who will adapt well to it because they are thinking players. If we have lacked something to now it’s probably the confidence and composure to really be expressive and imaginative on the ball and I’m hopeful MS will bring that to the players/team. Only time will tell but if he can do it the crowds will come back. Let’s just give him time to work through it all. UTI

As with many, I had never heard of Michael, but the board have clearly taken their time to identify the skills and ethos that Michael possesses and following the interview process, have selected him as the right man for the job. For me, I’m happy to let those who know what they’re doing get their man in. An exciting appointment. Welcome aboard and let’s get things going again. It will be a baptism of fire with a tough un at Stevenage and our old rolly polly friend Evans, but with what we know is a very decent squad of players, and a team sitting 9th, its time for that positive outlook to breakout form the recent gloom. UTI 👊💥👏

Looks like a very good appointment. And a coach who has risen to this level without a footballing career behind him, must be doing things right. It is always a risk but much better to go with a young up and coming manager than an experienced journey man as the potential is far greater.

I also wonder if the young demographics of our squad attracted MH. His first proper senior coaching role - there are no gnarly old pros in the squad to deal with - which would always be a challenge but especially for someone in their first real job and coming from his background.

Big gamble from the board. Hope it works.
Can you really call it ‘a gamble’ after such a thorough process?
A gamble would have been appointing someone a few days after Kennedy went without due process.
Can you name anyone who would have guaranteed success without that?
Can you name anyone who would have guaranteed succes even with the thorough process?

Well up to about 2 hours ago I’d never heard of him. He looks to have excellent pedigree, but I’m a bit concerned at his lack of experience of managing a league team… feels like a bit of an MK take 2. Hopefully those with more knowledge than me can give me a bit more confidence!

This appointment is unlikely to fix the attendances in the short term. However, with (hopefully) some positive football and results we’ll see an upturn!

Look forward to the songs.

Welcome aboard Skubala and good luck!
Why not let the football do the talking? You don’t need anyone else to give you confidence when you watch it unfold yourself.
It will either work, or it won’t.
Either way, he’s the man. 👍

Can you really call it ‘a gamble’ after such a thorough process?
A gamble would have been appointing someone a few days after Kennedy went without due process.
Can you name anyone who would have guaranteed success without that?
Can you name anyone who would have guaranteed succes even with the thorough process?
A gamble in the sense that crowds are dropping quite significantly and there was a clear desire from many fans or the Cowleys to return. By appointing another youth team coach, it's going to take time to build up those attendances again which means the board putting in more of their own money if they want to maintain current levels. Of course, they might decide not to which is fair enough.
I'm happy to give Skubala a chance. I can see the appeal more than I could when Kennedy was appointed, which I just thought was a bizarre choice of manager. I hope he gets us playing some better football than we've seen for the last 2.5 years. He seems to be well thought of wherever he's been (compared to Kennedy who seemed to have been removed from the Man City set-up) so that's a positive.
Just trying to point out that even though this could prove to be an absolute master stroke by the board, it's probably going to be a slow burn getting the crowd and atmosphere back to the levels we know we can get at home.

Time to come together as a fan base and show Skubala what a good choice he has made. I trust the board, so although there are risks in this appointment, the rewards could be high. Its not an obvious choice, but as usual the board have thought outside the box. I am looking forward to a more dynamic style of play. In one of his previous interviews, he name checked De zerbi, so we won't have a repeat of Kennedy ball. ( Well hopefully only the hard to beat bit) Interesting to see how the players respond. We have all felt as a collective that there is more to give. Welcome to the Bank, Michael Skubala.

It’s fair that some fans probably wanted Cowley’s back so in that sense for that particular fan group anything else was bound to disappoint. If appointing pretty much anyone else is a big gamble in the view of that group then so be it. It doesn’t make it the wrong decision or a more risky decision in reality though. It does mean that group will probably need winning over which I find a little disappointing given the pretty much unanimous opinion that we are operating under outstanding leadership.

I think the Board have earned the right to expect the fan base to assume they make correct decisions and go from there. Each to their own though. It’s a game of opinions.

We’ve got to just hope this chap does the business. Praising the Board on taking their time and getting a top man is very premature, the proof will be in the pudding. The same time and diligence was taken when we appointed the last muppet and he proved to be a charmer with no substance and it still rankles with me we appointed a prat like him so ill take my time before judging this bloke. . 5 o’clock on Saturday sounds fair enough.

We’ve got to just hope this chap does the business. Praising the Board on taking their time and getting a top man is very premature, the proof will be in the pudding. The same time and diligence was taken when we appointed the last muppet and he proved to be a charmer with no substance and it still rankles with me we appointed a prat like him so ill take my time before judging this bloke. . 5 o’clock on Saturday sounds fair enough.

You never disappoint!

Welcome Michael and wishing all the success in the hot seat.

Now back to reality, three professional games in management and an assistant who couldn’t get a tune out of our players apart from against a very open Charlton side. Combined they have less games in charge in professional football than Mark Kennedy did.

This is an even bigger risk than Mark Kennedy was with what is our most expensive ever squad.

I would have like to have seen Michael have the opportunity to bring in his own back room staff instead of having Tom Shaw pushed on him. I would have hoped for a more experienced assistant e.g. Chris Cohen mould.

Fingers crossed this pans out well, but it is a massive massive gamble.

In my opinion this is exactly the type of appointment a club our size in League 1 needs to be making.

Yes it's a gamble but so is appointing any manager and in this instance we are taking a gamble but trying something different and if we are going to be challenging at the top end of League 1 then this is the type of left field thinking we need to employ.

We are still in a great position in League 1 but the general consensus is we have stagnated of late and the football has been in the main part dull.

I hope that Michael Skubala goes on to prove an inspirational appointment and when he eventually leaves he goes with a similar legacy the Cowleys created.

Good luck Micheal you have my full support.